• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nil Benefits In Dependent Protection DPS

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I don't know why anyone bothers to run the country anymore. If I was a member of the elite, I'd emigrate to my Swiss Alpine Villa to enjoy life instead of trying to pander to a bunch of spoiled brats.

they bother to because they pay themselves unusually high salaries (made possible by the acquiescence of the public); without it and to say they can go Swiss Alpine Villa to enjoy life really sucks

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy your own term insurance la..... fuck all these gov schemes,,,
Once you reach 55, you cannot use you CPF to pay the annual fee for the scheme. Bastard PAP say that now your CPF money is under retirement account. So if you want to continue the scheme, you have to pay hard cash to the bastard insurance company or your insurance is rendered null and void. Most of the people do not have the cash to pay in order to continue the scheme and NTUC Income or Great Eastern will be very happy because, all these years, the CPF money collected from them is free money. They don't have to pay a single cent if you die. You die your business.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's too painful to read your txt spk. The gist of what you're saying is that life is tough. My response is that they have their priorities wrong. Parents should be the the number one responsibility of children. Instead, an iPhone takes precedent.

Precedence (not precedent) seems more elegant!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly, I don't know why anyone bothers to run the country anymore. If I was a member of the elite, I'd emigrate to my Swiss Alpine Villa to enjoy life instead of trying to pander to a bunch of spoiled brats.

C'mon lah. U chose to migrate not cos of sinkies. U know u cant make it in Sinkieland.

slohand2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The DPS can be a good scheme, but it ends at 60 when we have been paying up for a number of years.

Becos it is an opt out scheme, again many are duped into paying for something we dont understand. I admit Im one of those idiots. My HDB has been fully paid years back, so in theory i dont need to subscribe to DPS. ( I believe it is to cover outstanding debts owing to the HDB). I only got some time free in my mid 50s and I decided to cancel since it will lapse when I reach 60.

So like the old man say, who go in with our eyes open, but then in opt out schemes, there is a tendency to overlook such matters. The rules surrounding our lives are made so complicated by the PAP, from buying a house to buying a car, and it gets even more complex with each new tweak

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DPS is only useful if you have old parents and you're young...................once your parents pass away liao, you can cancel the DPS..............unless you have young kids lah...............

the DPS like a lottery......................the game ends when you're 60.................see win or lose lor...............if win money, you gotta lose your life..........

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's too painful to read your txt spk. The gist of what you're saying is that life is tough. My response is that they have their priorities wrong. Parents should be the the number one responsibility of children. Instead, an iPhone takes precedent.

Sorry hor. Paiseh. Used to it. Ok. Will try my best to write full words for u.

My pt is this. How could the children take care of their parents when they themselves are struggling???? In the West, the parents have to fend for themselves after the children leave them when they turn 18. So Y should it be different here? What takes precedence is another thing but why can't the govt give some small allowances to old folks for them to get by instead of having them pick up cdboards and tin cans in their twilight years. The amount need not be large but something simple enough for their basic daily needs. I'm sure that's not too much to ask especially when they have toiled all their lives for what Singapore is today.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who are better off and better educated do not get that impression either. That is why I mentioned the Hawker who serves a valuable function to society and yes they might be good at arithmetics but not what the clauses in a contract actually mean.

The mistake that Singaporeans made is that they were led to believe that CPF was a retirement fund. It is not.

Instead of telling Singaporeans the bad news in the last 15 years about insufficient funds to pay for retirements, medical care etc, They should have begun the program long time ago.

I never got such an impression. My dad didn't get that impression. Neither did my mum or my siblings.

Any hawker or worker can easily add up monthly CPF contributions to know how much they'll have upon retirement.

They'd also be capable of working out how far the total would go after retirement.

Hawkers are better at arithmetic than I am. My production operators knew how to calculate their overtime entitlements down to the last cent and were quick to point out any errors.

Singaporeans need to admit responsibility for their own follies and not try to pass the buck.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many do not read what they sign up for, the reason is many are just too trusting when it comes to the PAP government & their policies & all the related, connected & affiliated companies. I have asked INCOME on the 60 years old expiry of the DPS, & should the insurer, at least give a small token to the insured after paying for the premiums all the years when DPS expires at 60; "they will bring this up to management". This is a low cost policy, I think it started at $32 or $34 a year, there is an opt out & many, just do not bother to READ & they just blindly trust the PAP. Only when something of a matter of life & death, like the article mentioned here, then, they start to grumble & complain & curse & swear.

They should have not been too trusting & read everything they sign & do not understand get people to explain; they lesser educated streetwise fellows are better at this, they do not just sign, they ask!.

They should ask, whom did they voted for & whom did they trust, they should blame themselves!!

jw5

Loyal
Those who are better off and better educated do not get that impression either. That is why I mentioned the Hawker who serves a valuable function to society and yes they might be good at arithmetics but not what the clauses in a contract actually mean.

The mistake that Singaporeans made is that they were led to believe that CPF was a retirement fund. It is not.

Instead of telling Singaporeans the bad news in the last 15 years about insufficient funds to pay for retirements, medical care etc, They should have begun the program long time ago.

You cunning cunt, don't pretend to speak up for the ordinary man, when the truth is that any talk of the elite and their lifestyle gives you an orgasm lah, idiot.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have actually ask my income agent about the DPS, & now this article, in which I am not surprised. An average person starting work till 60, would have paid around 30 years of premiums which may not be much but, the Insurer should at least give to the insured a small token sum in either cash or vouches for the number of years paying for the DPS. That was when I asked...I got the reply was " we will bring this up to management"..

Last edited: