• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Nikon Rumored To Be Launching Two Full-Frame Mirrorless Models

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nikon Rumored To Be Launching Two Full-Frame Mirrorless Models

Nikon-D850-product-family-640x353.jpg

Nikon and Canon’s glacially-slow move to embrace mirrorless technology in their pro camera lines has not only been an embarrassment, but has cost them increasingly-large chunks of market share as Sony and others have made their mirrorless models highly competitive. So it wasn’t a surprise when Nikon announced it plans a full-frame professional-caliber mirrorless camera body, but a leak reported on Nikon Rumors this week says there might actually be two different versions.

Rumored Specs For Nikon Pro Mirrorless Models

The flagship model is rumored to support a 45MP or 48MP sensor, while the second model may have 24-25MP. Both models are supposed to be similar in size to a Sony a7, but with a better grip and better ergonomics. One reason I still shoot Nikon DSLRs is that I really like their control layout and usability, so I don’t doubt Nikon can bring something to the party here. In a first for a Nikon pro camera, the units may have 5-axis image stabilization built into the camera body. I’ll be curious whether it will work in tandem with lens-based stabilization, or users will have to choose one or the other.

One rumor I hope is at least partially wrong is the card formats — supposedly XQD and CF Express. XQD just hasn’t gotten much traction, and requires a unique reader for your Nikon camera. The EVF (Electronic View Finder) is supposed to sport an impressive 3.6MP. High-fidelity EVFs are part of what has allowed mirrorless to take off. Even those of us who grew up with optical viewfinders can benefit from the variety of information overlays and live adjustments an EVF make possible. The cameras are rumored to support 9fps, but without knowing more about whether that is with continuous AF, and burst size, it’s hard to know overall how the camera will perform for action photographers.

New Lens Mount Will Make Or Break The Cameras

As has long been reported, one reason Nikon has been slow to mirrorless is that unlike Canon, it definitely needs to introduce a new lens mount. The new Z-mount will need either new lenses or the use of an adapter. Initially, there are supposed to be three lenses introduced, a 24-70mm, 35mm, and 50mm. Unless you have fairly simple needs, that means you’ll be relying on the adapter a lot of the time. Anyone who currently shoots with pro Nikon gear has thousands, or tens of thousands, of dollars invested in F-mount compatible glass. If switching to the new lens mount involves too much hassle, or the adapter doesn’t work well, then it will definitely open the door to more defections to Sony.

Getting Your Hands On One

The rumored launch timeline is surprisingly quick, with an announcement in late July, and availability in August. I wouldn’t hold your breath on that, though. However, if you’re about to buy a pro DSLR from Nikon, it might be worth stalling until these cameras are announced. They won’t come cheap, though. The high-end model is rumored to sell for $4,000 in a kit that includes the new 24-70mm lens. The lower-end model will supposedly be available in a similar kit for $3,000.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reasons why these 2 brands , canon n nikon have been reluctant to move into mirror less is due to inertia within the organisation. If they move on the foundations they have based on the mirror technology will be pulled apart n their employees will be obsolete. But if they don't move the company will collapse anyway. So both are in a state of damn if u do n damn if u don't. If they were willing to bite the bullet in the beginning...the change would have been less painful n they would have been able to better integrate their previous tech in lenses etc and put Sony out of business in the camera department. But they not have to catch up which is possible but more painful. Just my rants.

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a long time loyal Canon user with a large number of lens and am one of the many disappointed people that Canon has not come up with a mirror less camera. So I am making my first purchase of the Sony7 mark3 soon. Rumour has it also that the sensors of the Nikon will still be no match for Sony sensors so Nikon will still be behind the curve compared to Sony... With the lens adapter adapter I can use all my canon lenses. Can anyone who alreday uses the Sony 7 markk 3 with Canon lenses comment on how this is turning out? I understand the only compromise is speed. Otherwise its a great combination of Sony body with Canon glass.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I am a long time loyal Canon user with a large number of lens and am one of the many disappointed people that Canon has not come up with a mirror less camera. So I am making my first purchase of the Sony7 mark3 soon. Rumour has it also that the sensors of the Nikon will still be no match for Sony sensors so Nikon will still be behind the curve compared to Sony... With the lens adapter adapter I can use all my canon lenses. Can anyone who alreday uses the Sony 7 markk 3 with Canon lenses comment on how this is turning out? I understand the only compromise is speed. Otherwise its a great combination of Sony body with Canon glass.

Nikon does not make sensors. The majority of all the Nikon models since the digital age began have used Sony sensors so I do not understand your statement that "Nikon will be no match for Sony sensors".

https://nikonrumors.com/2015/12/16/...s-and-their-sensor-manufacturerdesigner.aspx/

Unless you have inside info to the contrary why do you think that Nikon will suddenly abandon Sony sensors for their upcoming mirrorless models?

A reader linked in the comments (thanks El Aura) to this dpreview thread that contains a list of all Nikon DSLR cameras and the corresponding sensor manufacturer/designer. I always wanted to create such list for reference, so here it is - feel free to post in the comments section if any of the information listed below is incorrect and I will update:

D40: 6 MP CCD Sony
D40x: 10 MP CCD Sony
D50: 6 MP CCD Sony
D60: 10 MP CCD Sony
D70: 6 MP CCD Sony
D80: 10 MP CCD Sony
D90: 12 MP CMOS Sony
D7000: 16 MP CMOS Sony
D7100: 24 MP CMOS Toshiba
D7200: 24 MP CMOS Toshiba (source)

D3000: 10 MP CCD Sony
D3100: 14 MP CMOS Nikon
D3200: 24 MP CMOS Nikon
D3300: 24 MP CMOS Sony

D5000: 12 MP CMOS Sony
D5100: 16 MP CMOS Sony
D5200: 24 MP CMOS Toshiba
D5300: 24 MP CMOS Sony (?)
D5500: 24 MP CMOS Sony

D100: 6 MP CCD Sony
D200: 10 MP CCD Sony
D300: 12 MP CMOS Sony

D600: 24 MP CMOS Sony
D610: 24 MP CMOS Sony
D750: 24 MP CMOS Sony

D700: 12 MP CMOS Nikon
Df: 16 MP CMOS Nikon

D800/D800E: 36 MP CMOS Sony
D810/D810A: 36 MP CMOS Sony
D850: 45MP CMOS Sony

D1: 2.7 MP Sony
D1h: 2.7 MP Sony
D1x: 5.47 MP Sony
D2h: 4 MP LBCAST Nikon
D2x: 12 MP CMOS Sony (Nikon designed)
D3: 12 MP CMOS Nikon
D3s: 12 MP CMOS Nikon
D3x: 24 MP CMOS Sony
D4: 16 MP CMOS Nikon
D4s: 16 MP CMOS Nikon

Read more: https://nikonrumors.com/2015/12/16/...nsor-manufacturerdesigner.aspx/#ixzz5LTgj6waF

Kotekbengkok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just because the sensors in nikons are made by sony does not mean that the sony sensors are the same ones as in nikon dslrs. The sensor used in the sony a7r iii cannot be found in any nikon dslr and that sony sensor is the top performing sensor compared to any canon/nikon by far. Sony keeps the best stuff for itself. The fact that nikon needs to use a third party to produce its sensors should be seen as a weakness, not a strength.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just because the sensors in nikons are made by sony does not mean that the sony sensors are the same ones as in nikon dslrs. The sensor used in the sony a7r iii cannot be found in any nikon dslr and that sony sensor is the top performing sensor compared to any canon/nikon by far. Sony keeps the best stuff for itself. The fact that nikon needs to use a third party to produce its sensors should be seen as a weakness, not a strength.

If Sony keeps the best sensors to themselves then why would other brands that use Sony sensors rank higher than Sony in independent tests.

Image quality is more than just sensors. It is how the raw data is processed that determines the quality of the image.

However all this is moot because at the end of the day the image quality of all professional cameras is superb. Only pixel peepers would notice subtle differences if they looked hard enough. The use of dedicated RAW converters nowadays can tune the image to your preferences so it really makes no difference what camera you use when it comes to image comparisons.

Hasselblad X1D-50c
Pentax 645Z
Nikon D850
Sony A7R III
Sony A7R II
Nikon D810
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R II
Pentax K-1
Nikon D800E
Sony A7 III
Sony A7R
Nikon D800
Nikon D600
Nikon D610
Nikon D750
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1
Sony a9
Sony SLT Alpha 99 II
Phase One IQ180 Digital Back
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Sony A7
Sony A7 II
Nikon Df
Nikon D4
Phase One P65 Plus
Nikon D4s
Sony SLT Alpha 99
Leica SL (Typ 601)
Nikon D3X
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Nikon D5
Sony A7S
Nikon D7200
Samsung NX500
Canon EOS 5DS
Phase One P40 Plus
DJI Zenmuse X7
Leica M10
Canon EOS 5DS R

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If Sony keeps the best sensors to themselves then why would other brands that use Sony sensors rank higher than Sony in independent tests.

Image quality is more than just sensors. It is how the raw data is processed that determines the quality of the image.

However all this is moot because at the end of the day the image quality of all professional cameras is superb. Only pixel peepers would notice subtle differences if they looked hard enough. The use of dedicated RAW converters nowadays can tune the image to your preferences so it really makes no difference what camera you use when it comes to image comparisons.

Hasselblad X1D-50c
Pentax 645Z
Nikon D850
Sony A7R III
Sony A7R II
Nikon D810
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R II
Pentax K-1
Nikon D800E
Sony A7 III
Sony A7R
Nikon D800
Nikon D600
Nikon D610
Nikon D750
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1
Sony a9
Sony SLT Alpha 99 II
Phase One IQ180 Digital Back
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1R
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Sony A7
Sony A7 II
Nikon Df
Nikon D4
Phase One P65 Plus
Nikon D4s
Sony SLT Alpha 99
Leica SL (Typ 601)
Nikon D3X
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
Nikon D5
Sony A7S
Nikon D7200
Samsung NX500
Canon EOS 5DS
Phase One P40 Plus
DJI Zenmuse X7
Leica M10
Canon EOS 5DS R
https://www.imaging-resource.com/ne...-inside-nikons-super-secret-sensor-design-lab

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
wait for XiaoMi Max 4, 9 cameras 80 MP, 16 G ram, 516mB storage 5000mAH batts, will screw competition, no need for DSLR liaoz.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
https://photographylife.com/news/what-to-expect-from-the-nikon-mirrorless-cameras-trailer-roundup

AUGUST 20, 2018 BY SPENCER COX 2 COMMENTS

We’re about 24 hours away from one of Nikon’s largest camera announcements in years: the full-frame mirrorless Z6 and Z7 cameras, plus three Z-mount lenses. As the rumors and teasers continue rolling in, here’s a quick recap of Nikon’s official trailers for this camera lineup so far, as well as the additional information and specifications we already know.

Trailer 1: Travel of Light
This was the first moment Nikon officially acknowledged the development of a mirrorless camera system, and it was also the first time we got a glimpse of how the camera would appear.

Trailer 2: Mount
Nikon has focused a lot of its attention so far on the large mount of the Z6 and Z7, which appears to have a 49mm throat diameter or larger (current Nikon F-mount is 44mm). It takes some confidence in their system to dedicate the campaign’s entire second video to the new mount, but it also makes sense, given that this is going to be the backbone of Nikon’s new releases for potentially decades on end.

“This new mount is Nikon’s response to the challenges of the future.” Impressive.
Trailer 3: Body
We didn’t learn much from this trailer that we didn’t already know, aside from the fact that the Z6 and Z7 are going to have a traditional PASM mode with three custom modes, as opposed to the button + wheel method used on most of their high-end cameras in the past. That information has since been corroborated in leaked images (see later in the article).

Trailer 4: Lens
It seems that Nikon is going to release three lenses with the Z6 and Z7: A 35mm f/1.8, 50mm f/1.8, and 24-70mm f/4. The 24-70mm features in this trailer, and, interestingly, it doesn’t appear to have vibration reduction. Does this indicate that the Z6 and Z7 will have internal stabilization instead? Or, could the mysterious “S” in the lens’s name (Z 24-70mm 1:4 S) simply mean stabilized? It remains to be seen.

Trailer 5: Photographers
And now we hear from some photographers who have used the Z6 and Z7 so far. It doesn’t tell us much that we didn’t already know about the camera, but it does demonstrate where Nikon is going in terms of marketing for the camera. All the quotes from the video are as follows:
  • “Having a camera I can take anywhere with me is great, because the more pictures you take, the greater it is for a creative.”
  • “It feels just like a DSLR, but physically it’s totally different, because it’s so lightweight.”
  • “It’s so reliable, and I’m always able to capture the most spontaneous moments.”
  • “Shooting becomes very addictive because of the results.”
  • “It’s really great. I can still use all my F-mount lenses on this new camera.” (That was a new confirmation.)
  • (Directed toward the model in the video): “I really liked one in here that was super sharp. If we zoom in, you’re still super sharp.”
And here is the trailer itself:

Trailer 6: “Coming Soon”
This one isn’t out yet, but there’s not much time left for it to be on Nikon’s site, so I suspect it will arrive quite soon. Link is here.

What Else Do We Know So Far?
Beyond the trailers above, Nikon hasn’t made any information about the Z6, Z7, or Z-mount lenses public. Unless specifications leak ahead of time, it will be another day until we figure everything out concretely (11:59 PM EST on Wednesday).
But that hasn’t stopped the rumor mills from churning. We’ve already gotten several images of the new camera, including the one below:
Nikon-Z7-Camera.jpg

From leaked images, we know that both the Z6 and Z7 share the same camera body. The only differences are internal.
On balance, it looks like Nikon did a huge size reduction with their new mirrorless lineup, especially in the height of the camera. The Z6 and Z7 have a large grip positioned well away from the lens mount, which appears to be better than the Sony mirrorless design (which is smaller and closer to the lens). Here is roughly how the Z7 compares in size to the Sony A7R III and the Nikon D850, though keep in mind that this is based on comparing leaked images rather than specifications:
Nikon-Z7-vs-Sony-A7R-III-vs-Nikon-D850.jpg

As you can see, even though the Z7 has a larger lens mount than the Nikon D850, it is a much smaller camera! It sits closer in size to the Sony A7R III, although it’s slightly larger, especially at the grip.
In terms of specifications, rumors say the Z6 will have 24 megapixels, while the Z7 will have around 45. The cameras are said to have in-body image stabilization, 9 FPS shooting, dual card slots (XQD and CF), 4K video, and BSI sensors – but, again, all of that is leaked information from Nikon Rumors that may change in the final camera.
Stay tuned on Photography Life as we (like others!) will be posting much more continued coverage of the Z6, Z7, and new lenses over the next few days.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
My son says mirrorless camera may cause distortion.so he says to stick to dslr

Your son is an idiot. He does not know what he is talking about. I've been using Olympus OMD for more than 5 years. The image is on par with Nikon DSLR images.

Every camera/lens combo introduces a degree of distortion but it is so minute that it is invisible to the human eye.

Those who pixel peep can use image editors to do further corrections eg DXO.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
https://ehabphotography.com/how-to-correct-lens-distortion-dxo-optics-pro-11-is-the-answer/

How To Correct Lens Distortion – DxO Optics Pro 11 Is The Answer

1a483309a2230b8c9f15fae3e0997ffe

Amin HashemFebruary 9, 2017 11:08 PM
dis-featured.jpg

Lens distortion is a common issue that appears when using a wide-angle lens. In some photos, the straight lines that shape building or tower seemed to bow out and become curved at the edge of the frame. Subjects look disproportioned compared to real life or buildings look like they are tipping. All that happened due to lens distortion.