• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nicole Seah: Tonight and the Next 5 Years

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My friends, my fellow Singaporeans,

We may have lost an election but tonight we have rediscovered something so much more valuable – the pride of being Singaporeans. My fellow party members and I began all of this because we felt that we needed to speak up not just for you, but also ourselves.

The competition has been robust; sides were taken and things were said. But now that the contest is over, we must come together as one country and work to build that future we want.

When we choose our leaders, we ask of them not just their industry but also their judgment. We may not always agree with our government, but it is our responsibility to engage them in intelligent debate so that policies made in our name serve the common good.

Tonight our hearts are with Mr Low Thia Kiang and the Worker’s Party. They have made political history in Singapore and they have made us proud. For the next 5 years, we will depend on them to be our voices in Parliament. We are comforted that we will be well represented.

The great joy we feel at the election of the Worker’s Party is matched only by our profound sadness at the exit tonight of two great men from the political scene.

We want to pay tribute to Mr George Yeo, the outgoing Foreign Minister. Not since the tenure of the late Mr S Rajaratnam has anyone defined our foreign policy like Mr Yeo. A soldier, a scholar, a statesman. And to top it all off, a perfect gentleman. We hope that he will consider a run for the Presidency later this year. We believe he will be another peoples’ President and we cannot think of a better person to continue representing us to the world.

We also want to express our gratitude to Mr Chiam See Tong who together with the late J B Jeyaretnam fought for ordinary Singaporeans at a time when it was much tougher for opposition politicians. Mr Chiam, all Singaporeans owe you a debt of gratitude and we salute you. We will carry on the work you began.

And so my friends, in closing I just want to remind all of you that while the votes have been cast and tallied, the work has just begun.

We know the kind of Singapore we want – we have been talking about it for months now. The time for talk is over; lets get it done.

Sincerely,

Nicole Seah

NSP Candidate for Marine Parade GRC

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nicole, I advise you to leave NSP and work as a personal assistant to one of the WP members to help them with their accountabilityh actions.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly a thoughtful person. What a shame that we have the wrong young lady representing us in parliament.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said ! Nicole Seah is one young Singaporean we are extremely proud of.
With experience we shall see her in Parliament one day.

The wrong young lady, Tin, I presume, entering Parliament is the curse of Marine Parade GRC but she is not the first honest mistake of PAP. Other poisons to watch out for, include Foo Mee Har, Lee Bee Wah and other garbage who took the GRC free ride ticket into Parliament.

Truly a thoughtful person. What a shame that we have the wrong young lady representing us in parliament.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which moron placed Nicole Seah against Wooden Goh?

One young girl can figh with heavy weight still manage to get mnore than 40% vote. This is really good.
If GMS,Nicole Seah,Tony Tan and Steve fight in Tampines. NSP will have good chance. Best people in NSP form A-team just like WP.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

This little char bo has the qualities to be a politician - shrewdness in choice of words and stand, appearing firm but can go down to a personal level, good rally speaker, and most important of all, a star factor.

If star appeal alone can get morons like Estadra (former Phillipines president) and street-fighting + personal feel get Chen Sui Bian to be Taiwan first oppo president, I think Nicole can at least do more than chipping at PAP's shiny armour.

She really need to map out her political career properly - don't go Steve Chia's way. She needs a capable mentor, like SYL have in LTK. Urgently.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wats the Steve Chia way? No sexy photo please...:biggrin:

:smile: Steve Chia way - temp gave up on politics after what he said during elections, did not choose a right party and/or leader. He ends up drifting along, a pity with how he first started (despite the fact that GCT used "designed" praises on him to stop CSJ becoming NCMP, his chips did improve then).

Nicole is already a goddness to many, I don't think we should discuss the sexy photo part, lest kena flame. But I humbly suggest she give up pursuing the TPL's facebook posting incident, sometimes, issues are better left unresolved and "appear dirty". It will be useful sometime later.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
gotta bump this...first read it in todays' BT(9/5) looks like Nicole has some fans at BT as well!...shall be interesting to see how she pans out in the next 5 yrs or so...anyways she is definitely in the right profession...baey, buck song etc better watch yr asses balls!!...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back to The Drawing Board Again

niseah.desmondlim.jpg

She has treaded places where a few dare.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the team sent to Marine Parade was tasked only to stiffle GCT so he could not come out and lend his support to weaker PAP candidates. No one (including GMS) expected a virtually unknown Nicole's popularity to soar so much so quickly, that for a moment, it appeared that NSP could actually win Marine Parade.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the team sent to Marine Parade was tasked only to stiffle GCT so he could not come out and lend his support to weaker PAP candidates. No one (including GMS) expected a virtually unknown Nicole's popularity to soar so much so quickly, that for a moment, it appeared that NSP could actually win Marine Parade.

No one? they used her a counter-battery fire to TPL. They would not hae fielded her had TPL been in MP.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With due respect and with the benefit of hindsight, Nicole Seah was correctly pitted against Tin Pei Ling; young v young; gen y v gen y !The similarity ends here.:biggrin::biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why those Dr Chee Bye's doggies in this forum never cow pei about Nicole Seah praising GY and also asking GY to stand as Elected President?

:smile:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<object>
<param name="movie" value="http://image.razor.tv/site/flashplayer/razortv2.swf"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="file=http%3A//www.razor.tv/site/servlet/stream/playerXml%3Frepeat%3Dfalse%26autostart%3Dfalse%26video%3Dcontentbean%3A64066%26browserUrl%3Dhttp%3A//www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/specials/General_Election/&adsurl=http%3A//www.razor.tv%3A80/site/servlet/adsVideo/%3Fstream%3Dcontentbean%3A64066%26channel%3Dcontentbean%3A59830&isembed=true&hideall=true&hidebnt=true"></param>
<embed allowfullscreen="true" width="576" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="382" src="http://image.razor.tv/site/flashplayer/razortv2.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A//www.razor.tv/site/servlet/stream/playerXml%3Frepeat%3Dfalse%26autostart%3Dfalse%26video%3Dcontentbean%3A64066%26browserUrl%3Dhttp%3A//www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/main/specials/General_Election/&adsurl=http%3A//www.razor.tv%3A80/site/servlet/adsVideo/%3Fstream%3Dcontentbean%3A64066%26channel%3Dcontentbean%3A59830&isembed=true&hideall=true&hidebnt=true"></embed>
</object>