• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ng Eng Hen stuck up with golfers

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Ng Eng Hen stuck up with golfers</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>7:04 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>51019.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Author: no faith in them anymore
Comment:
Honestly, I don't believe the PAP ministers will change. Last week, they were pleading for everyone to give them a chance to reform, this week life is back to normal except for those that got kicked out in Aljunied by the people's will.

Yesterday, I was at NSRCC Clubhouse waiting to tee off. We had to wait at the cafetaria because of lightning warning. Well, Ng Yen Hen, the Education Minister was there and the Eurasian MP (I am sorry I cannot remember his name)was there with two other guys (likely civil servants). As the delay was about an hour, many noticed that these "servant" MPs just sat there without expression but preoccupied with their own conversation. They did not mingle with anyone at all. They were totally oblivious of the numerous golfers milling around.

For me, it's really hard to reconcile this kind of behaviour. If they are truly humble and sorry, this kind of nose-up did not testify that they are really repentant. More like hyprocrisy to me.

Our conclusion, ie for those present in the clubhouse yesterday - it looks like they will soon forget about the election and continue with what they like to do soon. Our long term answer to this should be - VOTE MORE OPPOSITION MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT IN THE NEXT ELECTION.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Of course its business as usual for them. They get to keep their jobs, their high pay. All is well with them. All the golfers in the clubhouse should've shoved those two into the open, let them be lightning conductors.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course its business as usual for them. They get to keep their jobs, their high pay. All is well with them. All the golfers in the clubhouse should've shoved those two into the open, let them be lightning conductors.

... since they belong to the lightning party :biggrin: :biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Ng Eng Hen stuck up with golfers</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>7:04 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>51019.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Author: no faith in them anymore
Comment:
Honestly, I don't believe the PAP ministers will change. Last week, they were pleading for everyone to give them a chance to reform, this week life is back to normal except for those that got kicked out in Aljunied by the people's will.

Yesterday, I was at NSRCC Clubhouse waiting to tee off. We had to wait at the cafetaria because of lightning warning. Well, Ng Yen Hen, the Education Minister was there and the Eurasian MP (I am sorry I cannot remember his name)was there with two other guys (likely civil servants). As the delay was about an hour, many noticed that these "servant" MPs just sat there without expression but preoccupied with their own conversation. They did not mingle with anyone at all. They were totally oblivious of the numerous golfers milling around.

For me, it's really hard to reconcile this kind of behaviour. If they are truly humble and sorry, this kind of nose-up did not testify that they are really repentant. More like hyprocrisy to me.

Our conclusion, ie for those present in the clubhouse yesterday - it looks like they will soon forget about the election and continue with what they like to do soon. Our long term answer to this should be - VOTE MORE OPPOSITION MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT IN THE NEXT ELECTION.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ng EH is a nobody

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. biz as usual.
2. you die your biz.
3. sheep don't change overnight!
4. want changes, get more new co-pilots that slap.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which job in the world gives you FIVE years in advance to start looking for a new job and pays you a pension following that?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, with the revelations about the Ministers' pensions, we now know that it is BARGAIN HEN who got the bargain and that we were sold the COCK AND THE BULL(SHIT). Truth be told, he knows he won't need your votes lah - he's decided to move on already, after the great discoveries of the 9 Days that Shook The Lightning.

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, I do not think that he needs to be friendly with everyone there, since all he wanted was to just have a relaxing game of golf. If he go around shaking hands, people might accuse him of being fake.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please lah. Stop nitpicking lah. You will only alienate the electorate with your constant tirade against the PAP. If this is their private time, why must they go and mingle? They got a life too.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Amakusa.

I also dont see why he needs to acknowledge anyone. He's only there with his buddies to play golf and it's nobody's business if others saw them there. Why cant he keep tp his own space? Sekali he comes around and shakes hands, you will say he is looking for cheap popularity after the GE2011 fiasco. Otoh, he may think you need yr space too. You know, how some people can go all woozy over and fawn at his feet if they find some big Minister coming over to shake hands with them. Then again, the Minister may be afraid to be embarassed if he comes over and you tekan him and ask him what for I shake hand with you? So you see, better pretend no see anyone. Safest policy not to be malu or too on.

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've seen Ng Eng Hen and Vivian B at NSRCC before. Well, if they are playing in a public engagement like a charity golf event, then yes, they should interact with the golfers involved in the event. But if they are playing with their own friends, why the need to interact with other golfers? They are there in their private capacity. You are just whining. Why don't you go up and tell him what a great/lousy job he has done?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
To be fair, I do not think that he needs to be friendly with everyone there, since all he wanted was to just have a relaxing game of golf. If he go around shaking hands, people might accuse him of being fake.

Please lah. Stop nitpicking lah. You will only alienate the electorate with your constant tirade against the PAP. If this is their private time, why must they go and mingle? They got a life too.

I agree with Amakusa.

I also dont see why he needs to acknowledge anyone. He's only there with his buddies to play golf and it's nobody's business if others saw them there. Why cant he keep tp his own space? Sekali he comes around and shakes hands, you will say he is looking for cheap popularity after the GE2011 fiasco. Otoh, he may think you need yr space too. You know, how some people can go all woozy over and fawn at his feet if they find some big Minister coming over to shake hands with them. Then again, the Minister may be afraid to be embarassed if he comes over and you tekan him and ask him what for I shake hand with you? So you see, better pretend no see anyone. Safest policy not to be malu or too on.

I've seen Ng Eng Hen and Vivian B at NSRCC before. Well, if they are playing in a public engagement like a charity golf event, then yes, they should interact with the golfers involved in the event. But if they are playing with their own friends, why the need to interact with other golfers? They are there in their private capacity. You are just whining. Why don't you go up and tell him what a great/lousy job he has done?

sorry hor, I respectfully disagree. He's our servant, we are his employers. We pay him and his fucking cronies millions. The moment he steps out of his house, he is public property and is obligated to treat us all with respect as employers, and should jolly well talk to one and all. He is not a singing or movie superstar who has made millions based on talent. He is nothing without sporeans and our millions of $. :biggrin:

Last edited:

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trouble is the "we" is a collective pronoun. It is neither referring to you alone or me alone, yet without us being addressed, the word has no meaning. You see, what belongs to everyone belongs to no one really.

You think you are his employer and he shld be at yr beck and call. Then I am also his employer, but I want him to enjoy his golf, have his space to recharge his bat and come back more refreshed to serve me.

You shldnt crowd him or any of our dear Ministers.
He's our servant, we are his employers.