• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newcastle Go Down & Hull Stay Up

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
gotta pity poor old joe morrison of the football channel...nice geordie lad who managed to stay professional on live telly even though his home team the toon army went down...owen, martins, viduka, butt, duff etc and newcastle still go down even after a squad of ManU kids did them a favour by beating hull at the KC stadium, and phil brown ought to be thanking his lucky stars because hull really deserved to go down...looks like shearer was unable to provide the impact required...tyneside must be in tears...imagine a 50k St James Park stadium hosting coca cola championship footie with the likes of doncaster next season...unbelievable, i guess the bigger you are the harder you fall...

and so it ends with newcastle, boro and west brom taking the dreaded drop...credit to stoke and tony pulis, thought stoke was ripe for the drop as well, so too portsmouth and sunderland

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sorry but the Geordies prolly deserved it

How can they fuck up so badly with so many former top club players in their team? When it mattered, they can't even score one goal to save themselves.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
They deserved it. Far too many deadwood in the club and Ashley was only too happy to sign them up. The biggest mistake they made was selling James Milner to AV.WTF were they thinking!!
Agree with Shearer's comment that the team needs an overhaul and it should start from the top first with M.Ashley.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
They intend to auction Michael Owen and Martin obefami at sorebty and christina.bidding starts 1 pound.

:biggrin:
Maximum bid : 1 pound & 10 pence.:biggrin:

Why ?
to quote:
Elton John - for someone who earns 300K pounds a week,
and cannot score..........

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem started with M. Ashley employing
D. Wise as football director, this angered K. Keegan.
M. Ashley is a business man, he wanted to do the same
as the big four. He employed Wise to get more youths
to their academy, train them for future and if attract
other clubs, can sell them at a good price.
But Newcaslte is not even close to any of the big four.
In order to attract more youngsters to their club they should
win some thropies first.

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
their performance last night was typical of how their season went - a shambles. look at the number of casual passes, missed passes, passes to nowhere. can't believe it with the quality of players they have on their books. truly a case of how the overall value is less than the sum of the parts.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem started with M. Ashley employing
D. Wise as football director, this angered K. Keegan.
M. Ashley is a business man, he wanted to do the same
as the big four. He employed Wise to get more youths
to their academy, train them for future and if attract
other clubs, can sell them at a good price.
But Newcaslte is not even close to any of the big four.
In order to attract more youngsters to their club they should
win some thropies first.

Their shirt sponsors went bust because of the credit crunch, but they still had so much going for them.

From the business point of view, Newcastle FC is nothing short of the merchandiser's wetdream. They have a big stadium, a history of heros and the whole city of fans to themselves

Now the Premiership just lost St James Park and Stadium of Light to Coca Cola Championship :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their shirt sponsors went bust because of the credit crunch, but they still had so much going for them.

From the business point of view, Newcastle FC is nothing short of the merchandiser's wetdream. They have a big stadium, a history of heros and the whole city of fans to themselves

Now the Premiership just lost St James Park and Stadium of Light to Coca Cola Championship :rolleyes:

i went to Newcastle before, it is a small stadium.

business point of view. it has been a total disaster for it's owner.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
i went to Newcastle before, it is a small stadium.

Must be an optical illusion bro... because according to wiki, St James is the 4th largest in England with capacity of 52k after Wembley (90k), Old Traff (76k) and Emirates (60k)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadia_by_capacity

With the whole city to themselves, a home game should bring so much revenue to the hotels, pubs & restaurants to the whole Tyneside. Maybe they should consider having another professional team to minimise wastage.

How is the city of Newcastle by the way? They are called the Foggies so I guess it must be quite a cold and depressing place with bad air..

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you saw the new kit they were wearing in the Fulham game, they still have Northern Rock as their main sponsors. a nationalised bank still sponsoring a football club?? unless you're from tyneside, wonder how british taxpayers must be feeling...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some joker from newcastle lie to me, when i was there, he said it is only 20 000 seaters.

it look tiny.

Must be an optical illusion bro... because according to wiki, St James is the 4th largest in England with capacity of 52k after Wembley (90k), Old Traff (76k) and Emirates (60k)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadia_by_capacity

With the whole city to themselves, a home game should bring so much revenue to the hotels, pubs & restaurants to the whole Tyneside. Maybe they should consider having another professional team to minimise wastage.

How is the city of Newcastle by the way? They are called the Foggies so I guess it must be quite a cold and depressing place with bad air..

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
newcastle is a real basket case club...as ah guan said, it has the entire population of a major uk city all to itself and an old history going back to the days of jackie milburn...St James Park puts more bums on seats than even Liverpool...and yet it finds itself in such a dire shambolic state...the owner really has alot to answer for and this may not be the end of the bad stuff...look no further than what happened to leeds united...man i really pity the geordies

some joker from newcastle lie to me, when i was there, he said it is only 20 000 seaters.

it look tiny.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
newcastle is a real basket case club...as ah guan said, it has the entire population of a major uk city all to itself and an old history going back to the days of jackie milburn...St James Park puts more bums on seats than even Liverpool...and yet it finds itself in such a dire shambolic state...the owner really has alot to answer for and this may not be the end of the bad stuff...look no further than what happened to leeds united...man i really pity the geordies

what about sunderland?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
good question since it is 'barcodes' neighbour...black cats also appear to be quite a big club i gather the stadium of light stadium can seat almost 50k..but all said and done sunderland appear to lack the history and pedigree that newcastle seems to have...that is why it is ironic that black cats stayed up...

what about sunderland?