• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Newbie to Golf - advice on shoes and clubs

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got one Ah Gong going to bring me to golf course. I am thinking of getting a pair of golf shoes. As far as I know, Mizuno seems like "the" brand for golf products.

Please share your experience and knowledge on golf shoes.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
settled with nike golf shoes some time ago and threw away old leather granny-type golf shoes. those old shoes with tiny metal spikes are not allowed anymore on golf courses since over a decade ago. with the new nike golf shoes, it's more athletic, stylish, and breathable.

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
settled with nike golf shoes some time ago and threw away old leather granny-type golf shoes. those old shoes with tiny metal spikes are not allowed anymore on golf courses since over a decade ago. with the new nike golf shoes, it's more athletic, stylish, and breathable.

Bro, got pics bo ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, got pics bo ?

the latest. around usd149.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't buy these tacky old-fashioned granny black and white golf shoes. everyone on the golf course will laugh their arses off.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you insist on sleek non-fabric golf shoes, then pay more for this pair of "breathable" nikes. at the end of the day you still need to wash them.

image.jpg

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have never stepped onto a golf course.

What is the protocol like ? You change to your golf shoes only when entering the golf course ? Just like bowling ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is the protocol like ? You change to your golf shoes only when entering the golf course ? Just like bowling ?

if you're not playing, you can walk along the cart paths. no golf shoes needed. but you'll be disrupting play on golfers who need the fairway to be clear of peeps. a cart path may cut across a long fairway. or there may be a bridge across it. the tee master will not allow anyone to suka suka venture into course when golfers are playing. there are safety, pace of play, rules and etiquette considerations. if you don't know how to play and don't have a consistent "handicap", some high end golf courses will not let you play. however, you can tag along a player either as caddy or cart driver and companion. in this case, you need to wear golf shoes and proper attire. no collarless t's and or singlets with boxer shorts. you can practise in the range without need for golf shoes.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Puma ones also look nice but I heard they don't last.

Those Nikes look super nice btw... But I've already vowed not to spend any more money on golf stuff

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I go to golf course I will spit on the grass so that the next vip will step onto my saliva :biggrin:

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you're not playing, you can walk along the cart paths. no golf shoes needed. but you'll be disrupting play on golfers who need the fairway to be clear of peeps. a cart path may cut across a long fairway. or there may be a bridge across it. the tee master will not allow anyone to suka suka venture into course when golfers are playing. there are safety, pace of play, rules and etiquette considerations. if you don't know how to play and don't have a consistent "handicap", some high end golf courses will not let you play. however, you can tag along a player either as caddy or cart driver and companion. in this case, you need to wear golf shoes and proper attire. no collarless t's and or singlets with boxer shorts. you can practise in the range without need for golf shoes.

Appreciate your advice ... especially about the proper attire. Didn't know about the no-collar Ts and boxer shorts.

But the modern looking Nike golf shoes very chio.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have always wanted to ride a motocross bike across the greens of a golf course! Tear up the pitch!! What's the charge? Tresspassing?

Cheers!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
All good golf clubs and driving range has a Pro Shop.

Just ask your Ah Gong to bring you there earlier and try out the golf clubs, shoes, apparels and caps. Buy from there as Ah Gong's money.

What's his payback expected, you need nego with him.

Most golf courses in SG requires a provisional qualification before they let you play, even on weekdays. Not sure where your Ah Gong going bring you to. Or he meant play 19th hole only? Then no need worry about apparels, golf clubs, etc.

Last edited:

ginbitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
All good golf clubs and driving range has a Pro Shop.

Just ask your Ah Gong to bring you there earlier and try out the golf clubs, shoes, apparels and caps. Buy from there as Ah Gong's money.

What's his payback expected, you need nego with him.

Most golf courses in SG requires a provisional qualification before they let you play, even on weekdays. Not sure where your Ah Gong going bring you to. Or he meant play 19th hole only? Then no need worry about apparels, golf clubs, etc.

Bro, Ah Gong will supply golf clubs. But attire is personal taste, as long as it conforms to the protocols of a golf course.

Based on the replies so far, at least I know shoes wise, the granny type is outdated and Nike has some spanky new golf shoes. I will definitely get the chance to play on the golf course based by sticking to Ah Gong.

Just want to look proper in golfing attire. Also don't want to spend too much on a new toy.

In fact, I would like to find out apart from those Lau Ah Pek's brands - Fred Perry, Arnold Palmer, Munsingwear. Got any "young-looking" brands for golf ?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got one Ah Gong going to bring me to golf course. I am thinking of getting a pair of golf shoes. As far as I know, Mizuno seems like "the" brand for golf products.

Please share your experience and knowledge on golf shoes.

for rookie better buy soft type..............

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

No. But remember to take off your shoes when you walk on the greens.