• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

I use Raffles Money Change if I need to remit money to Malaysia to pay my bill. The highest amount that I have ever remitted to my developer was RM72K. Do take note that you cannot remit money to a company that is owned by Singaporean or to a Singaporean bank account. No service charge if you remit more than S$10K.

I have checked with the pay2home.com rate today for SGD15K transfer. Their rate is no good as compared to money changer rate. Any recommendation of remittance co. with no max transfer limit and yet having better or equal rate than money changer?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I use Raffles Money Change if I need to remit money to Malaysia to pay my bill. The highest amount that I have ever remitted to my developer was RM72K. No service charge if you remit more than S$10K.

Open an account with UOB Jalan Wong Ah Fook branch...(just bring RM5000 with your passport and IC)
And transfer to your Malaysia account. No limit if you use Travelex.

cupcakes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I use Raffles Money Change if I need to remit money to Malaysia to pay my bill. The highest amount that I have ever remitted to my developer was RM72K. Do take note that you cannot remit money to a company that is owned by Singaporean or to a Singaporean bank account. No service charge if you remit more than S$10K.

Hi, was wondering if you know which bank is able to issue chq book upon opening a current account and no need introducer ?? Thanks

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

UOB.

I just walk into Jalan Wong Ah Fook branch with RM5000 initial deposit and my passport.

Do not need introducer.
Do not need supporting documents.

But if you need loans, please ask after your account is opened.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, was wondering if you know which bank is able to issue chq book upon opening a current account and no need introducer ?? Thanks

http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_inf...ntAccounts&chCatId=/mbb/Personal/ACC-Accounts

If you dont intend to take up a full flexi loan, I recommend MBB netcurrent-i current account where no introducer is required, min sum to maintain the current account is RM1000 without being charged maintenance fees, given ATM/debit card, cheque book and dividend (interest is haram in islamic banking) is given on the account balance. Only thing is that you need to apply through the link online. Nominate a branch which opens Sat (half day) such as JB city sq or the 7-day banking Bkt Indah branch and you can follow up with the account opening process at the nominated branch on Sat.

I like this account.

Last edited:

kienyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

I need to pay the initial 10% to sign the SPA. It is okay to remit directly to the developer.

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal

I used that service to pay my 1st 10% as well. You need to get the bank account of your developer to complete an application form. Once they have your record, you just need to bring your past payment slip to carry out the next remittance. Have made 4 payments this way. So far so good.

I need to pay the initial 10% to sign the SPA. It is okay to remit directly to the developer.

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cupcakes, are you getting any loan from any bank if Malaysia? I have taken up a loan from Public Bank and was able to open a current account without an introducer. I am not sure if you can do that without getting a loan from the bank.

cupcakes

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_inf...ntAccounts&chCatId=/mbb/Personal/ACC-Accounts

If you dont intend to take up a full flexi loan, I recommend MBB netcurrent-i current account where no introducer is required, min sum to maintain the current account is RM1000 without being charged maintenance fees, given ATM/debit card, cheque book and dividend (interest is haram in islamic banking) is given on the account balance. Only thing is that you need to apply through the link online. Nominate a branch which opens Sat (half day) such as JB city sq or the 7-day banking Bkt Indah branch and you can follow up with the account opening process at the nominated branch on Sat.

I like this account.

Thank you so much Mingchye. :smile:

BMSKE44

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying Resale Properties in JB

Would anyone here buy a tenanted out resale house without viewing the actual unit itself just because the seller or agent told you that tenant refuse to allow viewing?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying Resale Properties in JB

Would anyone here buy a tenanted out resale house without viewing the actual unit itself just because the seller or agent told you that tenant refuse to allow viewing?

No, that would be very risky to you. You have no way to see what's the inside condition is like. What if the inside condition needs alot of repair and reconditioning and without seeing, you could end up paying a high price without asking for substantial discount due to property condition.

Think of it this way, would you buy a car just on outside looks alone and without having opportunity to look inside the car and test driving it?

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Used Piano Contact Request

Hi Im new here can anyone highlight the monthly cost of a property of say about 500k loan e.g
mthly loan ,maintenance ,property tax ,electric n water bill since last saw was 2009 ,if there r any changes since one person posted is 4000+ rm ,that amounts to a 1700s$ of which we could rent a whole 4 rm unit in spore only differance is the landed n apartment so r you paying the xtra for the landed freedom only as if its true I dont think we could save much with hassle travel thanks for your reply.

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi Im new here can anyone highlight the monthly cost of a property of say about 500k loan e.g
mthly loan ,maintenance ,property tax ,electric n water bill since last saw was 2009 ,if there r any changes since one person posted is 4000+ rm ,that amounts to a 1700s$ of which we could rent a whole 4 rm unit in spore only differance is the landed n apartment so r you paying the xtra for the landed freedom only as if its true I dont think we could save much with hassle travel thanks for your reply.
other difference is at the end of the day, u own d landed property

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

other difference is at the end of the day, u own d landed property

When you buy a house with loan, your expense is mainly on interest payments as the rest of your installment goes into the "house value". For rentals, your entire rental monies go to paying the rent. e.g. Each 4000 monthly installment, about 3000 goes to reducing the principal...which is also your money which can be cashed out when you sell your house.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes ownership is the answer but MY has a reputation of sudden changing of rules or regulation eg. in the 90s people who owes clob shares had been suspended leaving the owners lurking in the dark not knowing what to do ,what if they do it again .I mean the risk is there if property prices went down chances of going up is there but ownership is not guaranteed .

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes ownership is the answer but MY has a reputation of sudden changing of rules or regulation eg. in the 90s people who owes clob shares had been suspended leaving the owners lurking in the dark not knowing what to do ,what if they do it again .I mean the risk is there if property prices went down chances of going up is there but ownership is not guaranteed .

There is a diff. CLOB was not a recognised by Securities Comm in Malaysia back then but they close one eye only. When Financial Crisis hit...thats when CLOB troubles began. When buying properties directly in Msia, the exposure is diff as the legal ownership/paperwork were all done on Malaysian soil and according to the local legal framework.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Risk Factors in JB Property

Thank you for the reply mingchye n iskandar rocks for your answers but ive seen some properties r advertised below the 500k required for foreigners ,I mean r we eligible to buy it if we want to spend less n they also say foreigners eligible ,that 's confusing to as are there any extra costs involved such stamp duty lawyer fee ,or if there is a conversion fee from bumi to foreign eligibility thanks for your reply as I wish to start low .