• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

Buying direct from developer:
- SPA legal fees and stamp duty for this document
- Loan agreement legal fees and stamp duty for this document.
- Memorandum of Transfer where developer transfers the title to your name aka. the 'Stamp duty' which everyone talks abt. 3% - 6000 for properties >500k.

Buying resale:
Similar to above but need to factor in Agent fees.

Developer usually absorb fees for SPA. Some, like UEMLand, absorb all the above fees.

+ Foreigner levy "State of Consent" approx RM11k (include processing, doc fee)

Setia absorbs all the fees eg, SPA & Loan & Stamp legal fee, MOT, , so never bother how much it is.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks, sorry my bad. I keep forgetting a number of Sporean and non Msian forummers here :smile:

Wicha

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB Used Piano Contact Request

Hi, I am looking for a used piano in JB. Does anyone know how to go about? Many thanks ˆ•ˆ

EastLake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Totally agreed with you about courts........Ended up the service provided by the small shop at Gelang Patah were reliable n much better! The owner asked me to bring back the portable Aircon to try without paying for a single cent when I doubted them about his assurance on the cooling capacity.

Hi there Sanur,
Was thinking of getting a portable Aircon when I came across your post. Mind sharing some details eg the brand,price, if it cools effectively, maintainence,etc .Would appreciate your help .PM me if not possible to share openly. Thanks .

EastLake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for ur advice. In fact, i have much lower down my expectation before placing order with them. They have delivered my fridge as per scheduled which i m thankful for.
As for sofa, just hope that they are able to send next week. Just to share so that other forummers would be aware of it and avoid unneccessary frustrations like me.

Thank you Lyc396 for your sharing.

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

went to IOI project kempas utama ytd. find the design n pricing nt bad. somemore just beside setia tropika. i believe given time,this area will boom as well as its just beside the EDL AND NSHW.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Used Piano Contact Request

Hi, I am looking for a used piano in JB. Does anyone know how to go about? Many thanks ˆ•ˆ

Apologies for not being able to answer your question directly as I m not familiar with JB but having had experience with pianos , just like to share that getting a simple basic electric piano(without all the fancy settings) might be better as no hassle with heater n having to find professional tuner annually .Also have had trouble with creepy crawlies who love to reside in the roomy insides of the wooden pianos esp lizards.Btw, is your Bach/ Mozart-wannabe a child or adult? :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there Sanur,
Was thinking of getting a portable Aircon when I came across your post. Mind sharing some details eg the brand,price, if it cools effectively, maintainence,etc .Would appreciate your help .PM me if not possible to share openly. Thanks .

Hi hi

Am not in Jb now, will check next week n let u know, at the same time, u might want to know that, for probtable, u need a place to drain the water. As for cooking capacity , I am using it to cool a 100x 100 sq ft room which is really really cold

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there Sanur,

May i know the Cost of your Portable A-Con & the Seller contact PLEASE !

Wicha

Alfrescian
Loyal

Apologies for not being able to answer your question directly as I m not familiar with JB but having had experience with pianos , just like to share that getting a simple basic electric piano(without all the fancy settings) might be better as no hassle with heater n having to find professional tuner annually .Also have had trouble with creepy crawlies who love to reside in the roomy insides of the wooden pianos esp lizards.Btw, is your Bach/ Mozart-wannabe a child or adult? :smile:

Thank you for replying. Teenagers, grade 6-8, somehow prefer acoustic :confused: Wanted to bring one over but professional piano mover fee close to buying another used piano in SG. Piano upkeep no problem, with heater turned on 24/7 + internal piano insect-repellent :wink: Had searched JB online classified ad extensively, can't seem to find used-piano dealer or home-users. Anyway, thanks again, MstTrii ˆ•ˆ

EastLake

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi hi

Am not in Jb now, will check next week n let u know, at the same time, u might want to know that, for probtable, u need a place to drain the water. As for cooking capacity , I am using it to cool a 100x 100 sq ft room which is really really cold

Thank u bro/sis (?) Sanur. Btw is the portable aircon noisy? Will be on the look out for your updates but there is no rush so dont worry.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you for replying. Teenagers, grade 6-8, somehow prefer acoustic :confused: Wanted to bring one over but professional piano mover fee close to buying another used piano in SG. Piano upkeep no problem, with heater turned on 24/7 + internal piano insect-repellent :wink: Had searched JB online classified ad extensively, can't seem to find used-piano dealer or home-users. Anyway, thanks again, MstTrii ˆ•ˆ

:o pai seh, was no help to u actually but yea, u r right . For tweens n teens ( ze terrible ages ,for me) acoustic piano best n what more in yr case the TLC(tender ,loving care) u lavish on it. Good luck.

ichin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Wicha,
I was at Sutera Mall today and saw there is a Yamaha shop on 2nd level beside herbal soup restaurant. You may want to check if they have 2nd hand piano. :wink:

eurekasster

Singaporean kids can study in Malaysia ?

Anyone have kids and study in Malaysia ?
I don't want my children to wake up very early in order to attend school in Singapore.
I can't afford the International School.
Any option for my children education ?
Thanks for the help. :smile:

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there Sanur,

I am ALL for Portable AC. Since it is Factory sealed Coolen piping. Leakage or not cool problems unlikely to surface. Unlike the Spilt system with local AC Tech doing the piping unprofessionally. Bad exp i S'pore after changing 3 spilt set.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, stumble across yr message. You might want to try this: http://setapakmusic.com

We bought a recon piano from them before. They are based in KL but they service JB quite regularly every month.

Good luck.

FXHarvest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

You can use remitance co. Better rate than money changer rate at S$9 (TP)or $10 (Jurong point)service charge per transaction.Sgporean a max RM $10k per transaction to own account in overseas. Some bank a day clearance and some bank 2 days...

I did my remittance through pay2home.com. $9 transaction fee too plus no maximum transfer limit. If you transfer SGD15k or more, they can even quote you a better rate.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good day to everyone.

Shctaw reporting; a newbie.

kienyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have checked with the pay2home.com rate today for SGD15K transfer. Their rate is no good as compared to money changer rate. Any recommendation of remittance co. with no max transfer limit and yet having better or equal rate than money changer?