• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Less well known developments : Engaging a civil engineer for 2nd opinion..

RedsYNWA,
Thanks for the info. I guess next time we go to JB, we'll probably hang around Justco and ask too. I live in a landed property in USA now and frankly I think it is over-rated. It is expensive and a pain to maintain a yard and pool. When I retire, I prefer condo for less hassles, more amenities and hopefully a nice community. You also feel less like a slave and can leave the house for a couple weeks for vacations without worrying about grass dying.

sileung

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi all,

Anyone staying at LF or HH area can recommend a good furniture store? Or, where should I buy furniture ? Thanks a lot.

kienyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

I am interested in Cluster unit in BI, NI, ND areas. Any new development in these areas?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

I am interested in Cluster unit in BI, NI, ND areas. Any new development in these areas?

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?119134-Nusa-Duta-Page&p=1247064#post1247064

Clusters available at ND starting from 903k. http://www.propertyguru.com.my/new-property-launch/nusa-duta-2-storey-cluster-home-phase-5b2-5426

NI dont have clusters.

The other development with cluster is Bestari Heights, not sure if there are still available units -> http://www.ksl.my/bestariheights/site/propertys.php

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi all,

Anyone staying at LF or HH area can recommend a good furniture store? Or, where should I buy furniture ? Thanks a lot.

Hing Fuat at Perling area (shophouses outside) or go to the old Giant at Skudai and visit Izola. Look for the kind auntie there. :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi all,

There are nice n very good price furniture shop at Rosemerah road.

kienyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looking at subsale Double Storey Terrace House but the completion date is in early 2014. What are the things that I need to know? Is there any risk while waiting for owner transaction after a year?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi all,

Actually Courts has quite a good range beddings and sofa sets with fabric of your choice and their prices are about 40 to 50% cheaper than in Singapore for the exactly the same model!

The branch in Bukit Indah besides Giant has quite a wide range.

imperialap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying Resale Properties in JB

I am interested to look at resale units, but would like to clarify some points before approaching any sellers.

Valuation and Selling Price
How are the valuation and selling price looking, especially for East Ledang area like Ujana or Terrace?
Is there a significant premium over valuation?

Bank Loan To Valuation
How many % LTV can we expect to get for resale properties?

imperialap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying Resale Properties in JB

Paperwork and Legal Info
Is it difficult to get title from resale properties and would there be an issue of sellers selling to multiple parties and consequently the buyer might have bought a home that the seller is not authorized to sell?

Other Fees
What are the other fees? sales and purchase agreement, state consent, agent commissions, etc...

Buying Process
What is the buying process like for resale properties?

Yao903

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi got a question. I have a BTO going on at sg is due to ready in 2016 which is a few years time. I understand that we Singaporean can't have another property within the 5 years so is it safe to buy a new home in jb by putter my parents name and borrower is my name? Will it affect my HDB home?

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to caution..courts at bt indah delivery service is not good. I have ordered a sofa set a month ago from them and yet to receive my goods. 1st round of delivery: I was informed on the same day of delivery that my sofa from KL has yet to arrive so postponed of delivery. Subsequently, I have to chase them on delivery date. I supposed to receive my sofa yesterday and again, they did not send. Reason given was I did not answer the call once made by their delivery man 1 day before the delivery date. In fact, I have returned call on the same day but there was no response. The Chinese salesman who sold the sofa to me is defensive. He commented that he should not sell me the sofa if he knows that I can only arrange for delivery on weekend, which i have shared with him earlier that i will only be around on weekend. Frankly speaking, I am disappointed with their service and hope that he can refund me the money if he is not able to deliver it by next weekend. Do not wish to waste each other time anymore..

Actually Courts has quite a good range beddings and sofa sets with fabric of your choice and their prices are about 40 to 50% cheaper than in Singapore for the exactly the same model!

The branch in Bukit Indah besides Giant has quite a wide range.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to caution..courts at bt indah delivery service is not good. I have ordered a sofa set a month ago from them and yet to receive my goods. 1st round of delivery: I was informed on the same day of delivery that my sofa from KL has yet to arrive so postponed of delivery. Subsequently, I have to chase them on delivery date. I supposed to receive my sofa yesterday and again, they did not send. Reason given was I did not answer the call once made by their delivery man 1 day before the delivery date. In fact, I have returned call on the same day but there was no response. The Chinese salesman who sold the sofa to me is defensive. He commented that he should not sell me the sofa if he knows that I can only arrange for delivery on weekend, which i have shared with him earlier that i will only be around on weekend. Frankly speaking, I am disappointed with their service and hope that he can refund me the money if he is not able to deliver it by next weekend. Do not wish to waste each other time anymore..

Totally agreed with you about courts bad service, we faced the same bad services years ago when we bought a washing machine, fridge n tv from them ( this branch was located in lane one side) delivery date was set but did not turn up a couple of times too, the frustration was driving all the way in n waited invain. Called n need to repeat the story again n again, choose to buy from them thinking that they will be more reliable than those small
Shops. Ended up the service provided by the small shop at Gelang Patah were reliable n much better! The owner asked me to bring back the portable Aircon to try without paying for a single cent when I doubted them about his assurance on the cooling capacity.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't expect the same service that you get in SG, sometimes must understanding who are the ppl working and e culture diff.. em100.gif
Do switch to mly mode to avoid..em101.gif

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buying Resale Properties in JB

I am interested to look at resale units, but would like to clarify some points before approaching any sellers.

Valuation and Selling Price
How are the valuation and selling price looking, especially for East Ledang area like Ujana or Terrace?
Is there a significant premium over valuation?

Bank Loan To Valuation
How many % LTV can we expect to get for resale properties?

I was looking at resale HH terraces end 2011 when asking prices were around 480k-520k. At that time, I asked's the agent what's the bank's valuation, it was about 420-450k. So yes, there is COV and the agent would be able to provide some idea but best to check with a bank once you have shortlisted specific units. Also check with the Bank what's the LTV they can offer you, I would think shld be 70-80% for Sporeans. So the best thing to do once you have eyed some resale units, is to start talking to the banks so that you can check valuation pricing, what's their LTV and their potential loan packages.

Paperwork and Legal Info
Is it difficult to get title from resale properties and would there be an issue of sellers selling to multiple parties and consequently the buyer might have bought a home that the seller is not authorized to sell?

Other Fees
What are the other fees? sales and purchase agreement, state consent, agent commissions, etc...

Buying Process
What is the buying process like for resale properties?

Thats what a lawyer acting on your behalf is supposed to do...check for emcumbrances etc. Engage your own lawyer to ensure your interests are protected. You can have the same lawyer representing you when buying the house and doing up the loan agreement, but never share lawyer with the seller.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for ur advice. In fact, i have much lower down my expectation before placing order with them. They have delivered my fridge as per scheduled which i m thankful for.
As for sofa, just hope that they are able to send next week. Just to share so that other forummers would be aware of it and avoid unneccessary frustrations like me.

Don't expect the same service that you get in SG, sometimes must understanding who are the ppl working and e culture diff..View attachment 7703
Do switch to mly mode to avoid..View attachment 7704

Yao903

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to check with those who brought a property in jb. What are the fee that we need to pay apart from the 20% down payment? Lawyer fee? Duty stamp ect? Lets say the unit cost 800k. What am I expect to pay for all the paper work?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just to check with those who brought a property in jb. What are the fee that we need to pay apart from the 20% down payment? Lawyer fee? Duty stamp ect? Lets say the unit cost 800k. What am I expect to pay for all the paper work?

Buying direct from developer:
- SPA legal fees and stamp duty for this document
- Loan agreement legal fees and stamp duty for this document.
- Memorandum of Transfer where developer transfers the title to your name aka. the 'Stamp duty' which everyone talks abt. 3% - 6000 for properties >500k.

Buying resale:
Similar to above but need to factor in Agent fees.

Developer usually absorb fees for SPA. Some, like UEMLand, absorb all the above fees.

Yao903

Alfrescian
Loyal

My agent told me to prepare 6-7% of the 800k selling price for all the paper work. I'm buying a resale. Really bees that much? 6-7k work out almost 50k for paper work?