• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New OBS campus on Coney Island

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think I attended OBS in Sec 3.

During night topo, we found some commandos hiding in bushes! They not supposed to be found when in night training!

Then during our course, one of the commandos felled into the quarry and a helicopter was used to send him to hospital. Heard he did not made it there.

Pulau Ubin is actually quite dangerous with many very deep open quarries.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that the so called solo night? Bits and pieces coming back to me now side it's been so long ago

No that was not the solo night. The camping on Coney Island was on the beach while the solo night was in the forested area in Pula ubin. We were each assigned an area to pitch a tent and spent a night there. You can't see or hear other people around, all are separated far enough. Yes that was nice and memorable too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my case it was all DIY with 2 to 3 friends. We did our own fishing & cooking. You don't need the gov't or any 3rd party to arrange an OBS like trip.
It is even more interesting in Canada. Over there you have plenty of National Parks to explore & the fishing is good.

I doubt that I could do the same now because you are not allowed to camp on the islands of Spore.

Going to OBS is like booking a tour holiday with a bunch of strangers. I prefer the flexibility of a free & easy, because you get to decide what you want to do :smile:

We did our own cooking too, remember collecting wood and setting fire to cook rice. It's OK lah at age 15 to do such group camping activities, now I don't think I will be interested haha. Too tough...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think I attended OBS in Sec 3.

During night topo, we found some commandos hiding in bushes! They not supposed to be found when in night training!

Then during our course, one of the commandos felled into the quarry and a helicopter was used to send him to hospital. Heard he did not made it there.

Pulau Ubin is actually quite dangerous with many very deep open quarries.

I think we did rappelling using one quarry. That was one of the more difficult and dangerous activity.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL Facebook

Starting right means starting young. When I was in Secondary 4, aged 15, I attended the Outward Bound Singapore ( OBS ) course on Pulau Ubin.....

he's genius mah. years ahead of everyone. know of a math and science prodigy who started college when he was 13.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was so naive when i did my 1st obs. i went with 2 luggages, dressed up in my tuxedo, and did not pack any sports wear. :o

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More like you going for survivor the reality show

at least i navigated successfully through all obstacles in my favorite collared short-sleeved shirt, bell-bottom polyester pants, and leather shoes. must say that my mom wasn't too thrilled when i returned home with dirt all over the same clothes i wore when i climbed the bus. :o

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL Facebook

Starting right means starting young. When I was in Secondary 4, aged 15, I attended the Outward Bound Singapore ( OBS ) course on Pulau Ubin.....

Technically he may not be wrong. One can be a 15 year old in sec 4 too until birthday. In my case, our OBS course was end of Sec 3, so mostly if not all are 15 year old, a few can still be 14 year old if their birthdays in Dec.

jw5

Loyal
LHL Facebook

Technically he may not be wrong. One can be a 15 year old in sec 4 too until birthday. In my case, our OBS course was end of Sec 3, so mostly if not all are 15 year old, a few can still be 14 year old if their birthdays in Dec.

LHL's birthday is in February, so unless he attended the course in January, it could be that he skipped a grade in primary school. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL's birthday is in February, so unless he attended the course in January, it could be that he skipped a grade in primary school. :biggrin:

Oic and just checked he is an Aquarius!

zodiacs.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share anything about yourself is called portraying and want people to think you are what. This thread must be why that bastard ksgd0717 say I cannon on athletic when I never even said before I exercise. But I didn't cannon leh, I really graduated from OBS but i did say that was decades ago leh. Mudlander bastards are like that, always red eye. Narrow hearted people. Then you share about yourself lah. All your athletic past and present pursuits , who is stopping you bastards?

Btw I might as well cannon I also marksman in air rifle and AR15 automatic rifle during that time. How nice if can put them into practice now and gun down deserving barbarians. Can't stand mudlander Chinese so how Lian on playing firecrackers. Big deal. Go to hell my barbarian mudlander Chinese neighbours playing firecrackers nonstop.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share anything about yourself is called portraying and want people to think you are what. This thread must be why that bastard ksgd0717 say I cannon on athletic when I never even said before I exercise. But I didn't cannon leh, I really graduated from OBS but i did say that was decades ago leh. Mudlander bastards are like that, always red eye. Narrow hearted people. Then you share about yourself lah. All your athletic past and present pursuits , who is stopping you bastards?

Btw I might as well cannon I also marksman in air rifle and AR15 automatic rifle during that time. How nice if can put them into practice now and gun down deserving barbarians. Can't stand mudlander Chinese so how Lian on playing firecrackers. Big deal. Go to hell my barbarian mudlander Chinese neighbours playing firecrackers nonstop.

Nobody want to share on your athletic pursuits - past and present? That's the problem with this forum. Ownself don't share but other people talk become red eye and start slandering people. And this shit behaviour is allowed by moderators. Who want to share like that? Get nothing except mindless insults in this forum for sharing.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody want to share on your athletic pursuits - past and present? That's the problem with this forum. Ownself don't share but other people talk become red eye and start slandering people. And this shit behaviour is allowed by moderators. Who want to share like that? Get nothing except mindless insults in this forum for sharing.

Nobody here want to share own things but call others who shared as portraying? You people here are the ones portraying yourselves to be nice and righteous to condemn Hillary Clinton, pap, UMNO etc. But when it comes to the crunch, you yourselves are proven the thieves or mudlander thieves supporters. Just look at that Melaka datin naked picture thread.