• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NETS launches new platform for cashless payment

G

Guan Ping

NETS launches new platform for cashless payment

By Dylan loh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 03 February 2010 1931 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20">
</td> <td align="right" width="240">
php4WLiqc.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top">
</td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">2 of 2</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

iNETs service on the mobile phone
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td class="update">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
</td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

SINGAPORE : E-payment services provider NETS hopes to make cashless payments more accessible with the launch of a new service.

Called iNETS, it is supposed to offer a one-stop platform for consumers to pay bills and make purchases.
To beat the crowd, you can now choose cinema seats on your mobile phone. A downloaded application based on the iNETS platform lets you do that, and more.

The service is free but normal data charges apply.

Consumers get to choose what they think is the most convenient way for them to make payments for bills or even things like movie tickets. This can be through a mobile phone, an iNETs kiosk, or even in the future, ATM machines and set-top boxes.

"If today I have to pay my credit card bill and I'm in Singapore, I may walk to a kiosk and pay the bill. But next month, I might be overseas in China, and I realised it's due and if I don't pay, I'll have to pay a fine, so I can just pick up my mobile (phone) and pay the bills," said Suman Balani, assistant chief executive, NETS.

NETS said to make payments secure, users have a maximum of three tries to key in a PIN number whenever the service is used.
But would the public take it up? "Yes I would, because I'm hardly at home. I'm always outside. So I think it would be good," said one member of the public.

"It depends how often it can be used, and what are the facilities that they offer," said another.
"Probably not; I'm used to the same old method," said another person on the street.

NETS is looking at getting more merchants to use the system. Currently, companies like SingTel, StarHub, Cathay Cineplexes and utilities services provider SP Services are tapping on the platform. - CNA /ls

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is not a new technology... Why they come up with a this already-have system and try to sound like they invented it.

Ahhh.. i almost forgot.. that is how sinkie works.

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not a new technology... Why they come up with a this already-have system and try to sound like they invented it.

Ahhh.. i almost forgot.. that is how sinkie works.

Hehehe.. What a failure you are. So many infractions and still can't ban me where as i have been kicking your ass regularly with enjoyment. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hehehe.. What a failure you are. So many infractions and still can't ban me where as i have been kicking your ass regularly with enjoyment. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

First of all, i do not give a shit. Secondly, do whatever you want. You do not like what i post, that is your fucking problem, not mine.

You are just another sinkie loser who cannot take the truth about your own pathetic sinkie self. I do understand, sinkie does not have much good reputation in the world but anyway, being a coward is an easy way for some, especially sinkies..

hehehehehe. After this post, you will be in my ignore list.. goodbye.