• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Neighbourhood shop wanted to charge me 20cents for plastic bag

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night, a neighbourhood shop wanted to charge me 20cents for plastic bag for $20 item. Just one bag was enough but cashier (boss) just pointed to me a printed notice that they will charge 20 cents per plastic bag. All I need was actually one.

I stoned for a while, I think they played dirty.

There is no government regulation that mandates collection of $$$ for plastic bags. Even NTUC charges me just 10 or 20 cents per transaction, not per bag. Even the new 5-cents plastic bags law (in mid-2023), they don't require small businesses to do so.

After stoning a while, i decided to put the items back.
Before I sleep, I submitted my purchase to Shopee (at least $4 cheaper).

Last edited:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope by doing so, I make my unhappiness heard. Just a silent protest by boycotting them.

Singapore don't have plastic pollution issues. We do not throw plastic bags into our rivers or public land.

Plastics are by-products of crude and they are almost free. We are paying them for the conversion into bags and shipping. They are useful for hygiene; everyone of us reuse them in trash bins to hold our waste, HDB would not want me to throw my rubbish down the chute without bags.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even mom and pop shop wants to protect the environment...all members of Greenpeace.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watson also want to charge My uncle for a verlee tiny plastic bag.
Some Neighbourhood shop is worst. Nets is such a old technology yet they want to charge 20 cents per transaction and also cannot accept digital payment.
My uncle think sg pool also will charge 20cents per transaction KNN

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even mom and pop shop wants to protect the environment...all members of Greenpeace.
Singapore is made up of cheapskate immigrants. Imagine we cannot get plastic bags, people will start pouring their food waste down the chutes, rubbish less likely be packed neat and dry before collection, pests will ransack the waste, polluting our neighbourhood and choking our waterways when it rains.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watson also want to charge My uncle for a verlee tiny plastic bag.
Some Neighbourhood shop is worst. Nets is such a old technology yet they want to charge 20 cents per transaction and also cannot accept digital payment.
My uncle think sg pool also will charge 20cents per transaction KNN
don't bet sg pools. Their rates are poor. Even our TV broadcasts of matches are delayed by 1-2min.

20 cents per transaction, I have nothing to say. 5-cents or 20-cents per bag in future, I think I will just stick to Redmart, Shopee, Amazon and likes. If Courts and Decathlon don't give me bags for bulky items, I buy online lor, I really can't carry.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappies are the obedient fanboys and disciples of the Davos globalist cabal and the Great Reset.

Part of that entails participating in an anti-carbon climate alarmism, and implementing various 'green' policies to achieve that.

Banning plastic straws and taxing plastic bags are two of the ways.

It also manifests in other ways, for example, proactively pushing GMO'ed fake meat such as Impossible meat and fake chicken nuggets.

Follow the money and it always leads back to BlackRock.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plastics are by-products of crude and they are almost free. We are paying them for the conversion into bags and shipping. They are useful for hygiene; everyone of us reuse them in trash bins to hold our waste, HDB would not want me to throw my rubbish down the chute without bags.
A regular store owner will not have such understanding or knowledge. All they know is prices are increasing left right and center. Maybe he or she is just trying their best to cover the increase running cost of the business but doing it this way is not very graceful.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
A regular store owner will not have such understanding or knowledge. All they know is prices are increasing left right and center. Maybe he or she is just trying their best to cover the increase running cost of the business but doing it this way is not very graceful.
Well said.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pappies are the obedient fanboys and disciples of the Davos globalist cabal and the Great Reset.

Part of that entails participating in an anti-carbon climate alarmism, and implementing various 'green' policies to achieve that.

Banning plastic straws and taxing plastic bags are two of the ways.

It also manifests in other ways, for example, proactively pushing GMO'ed fake meat such as Impossible meat and fake chicken nuggets.

Follow the money and it always leads back to BlackRock.
I tried impossible burgers twice. A lot of salt.
reminds me of mock meat from Chinese food.

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since Covid started, I also pack food using my trusty tingkat :coffee::coffee::coffee:

KNN

Chao Turtle knew some of these hawkers verLee cunning in adding extra costs for you to pay.
Next time, they will say :: You use your own tingkat == Charge you 25 cents.:smile:
Use my plastic containers == extra 20 cents only.
See...Biz means money.

Chao Turtle pays by CDC Vouchers.
KNN, they charge the chiken Lice $3.50 instead of the usual $3.
See....they are verLee creative in hiking up prices.

So, just buy once, then boycott forever lor.