• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need Help

terry t

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goodday All, need some help from those already migrate to OZ.

I m 41 yr old, hav diploma in maritime management and marine fitter qualification.Wife 43 yr old hav a BA. 2 kids 13 n 8.

What type of visa I can gain for the migration?

Thanks

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Google for "Skilled Occupation List" - your assessing Authority is TRA, Trade Recognition Australia. Skilled Migration.

Goodday All, need some help from those already migrate to OZ.

I m 41 yr old, hav diploma in maritime management and marine fitter qualification.Wife 43 yr old hav a BA. 2 kids 13 n 8.

What type of visa I can gain for the migration?

Thanks

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can check with any migration agent in Sg. U need not seek their service. An alternative, is to come over as a student visa and check d place out to see that it fits your lifestyle,employment opportunities and have an agent in au. The grass is always greener concpet might not be true for everyone.

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
AXE
I said it seems greener. I did nt say it is greener.Just a word of caution,I been trying to apply jobs in SG too. It looks like a desert too

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
AXE
I said it seems greener. I did nt say it is greener.Just a word of caution,I been trying to apply jobs in SG too. It looks like a desert too

I think he wants to go back to "retire" and "shopping" lah. With the high AUD, you think he going back to earn a living?

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
well done. Good for him that he has finish playing the survivial game.Yes, better go to Thailand for retirement. cheap airfare and fresh air

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
To TS: Don't forget to check immi.gov.au. You don't need a migration agent to migrate. I've done my PR/citizenship and now my wife's visa myself without a migration agent. Most migration agent I know are crap to begin with. Most stories I've heard about migration agents is that they just collect documents for you and submit it after that. You are still required to get the documents yourself even with migration agents.

terry t

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all. greener a not is not for me any more,is more for the sake of my children future.Btw for this 2011 immigration any good trade, can be urgent need from oz gov.

Rgs.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all. greener a not is not for me any more,is more for the sake of my children future.Btw for this 2011 immigration any good trade, can be urgent need from oz gov.

Rgs.

yes ! one of the main reason is to plant seeds so that our next generation can harvest from it. Well done !

citizen2116

Alfrescian
Loyal
We cant change our name. Finding jobs in au is not that easy as one would imagine.we are discriminated somehow.Even for those who are here for many years

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rgs.

Is it that tough to get a job in Singapore with your qualifications?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We cant change our name. Finding jobs in au is not that easy as one would imagine.we are discriminated somehow.Even for those who are here for many years

Taking about discrimination, talk to PM Julia Gillard on the discrimination she faced as a woman.

1. At the end of the day, do you want to work for someone who discriminate again migrant? No.

2. Those Aussies who discriminate are becoming isolated & extinct soon because the Australia has changed too much for them. All they need is to visit the health service and there will always be some migrants around to "annoy" them. Poor things. They will face migrants everyday when they end up in nursing homes. Ouch!

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immediately, pending paperwork completion. 1-2 months in total.

Add1: Dude, you really need to read up more from CPF website itself, and past the CPF drones. Sooner or later you'd come to a part where you'd realise they will just have no choice. Where exactly did you get the >50 years from? Those who migrated, or those who haven't?

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a new point system started from 1st July 2011, which makes it harder for our age group to move over.

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
What point system? You're talking about:

1) Point system by CPF? I think I didn't make myself clear enough: it doesn't matter what the 1st July 2011 MS is all about: when you provide proof of SG citizenship renunciation, you get the whole lot of CPF out. Ordinary, Special, Medicare, mothercare, fathermotherEVERYTHING. Ask yourself this: What exactly are the requirements for CPF re:SG citizenship?

2) Point system for skilled migration in other countries? What's new? Every few years each country's entry requirements get reviewed and changed accordingly. Doesn't change one's will (if it exists in oneself) to migrate.

junkyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

I beg to differ.

I'm employed with the full knowledge that I'm an FT to their country. 70% of my company consist of other cultures and races, vertically and horizontally.

I believe that the key in one's success across all countries (doesn't have to be western ones) is the ability to do what the romans do. In my context I chose to assimilate what their cultures demanded even before stepping into NZ, and got semi-acceptance unto 100% acceptance - took me some years to get that stage, but the key thing is never staying still -- move on, evolve, unlearn, relearn, adapt.

Everything that Sammy has been preaching should be penned in an "immigration handbook/bible" and practised everyday.

Here's a milestone: none of my immediate face-to-face friends are Asians. Any non-westerners dealing with me initially think I was born and bred in NZ.

What are your milestones set when migrating to another country? How much of the sinkie mentality do you actually lug around?