• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need advice from dog lovers

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB and condo cannot keep dogs.

HDB allows small, lap dogs (maltese, terriers, Shihtzu, etc) and smaller medium-sized dogs like the cocker spaniel. Condos are more liberal, depending on the management – many condo owners rear retrievers, rottweilers and bulldogs.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it will depend on your lifestyle, how much you want to spend on your dog, the quality of the stuff you buy. Let's look at the necessities - dog shampoo, less than 15 bucks, should last 2~4 months, doggie food, 8 bucks a bag, should last 2~3 weeks, dog license/registration, if neutered, 14 bucks a year (90 if not, I think!), and if your dog needs vet attention, this can be quite costly, estimate 100 dollars per visit depending on purpose and/or treatment. Vaccinations, extra. The leash, collar, depends on the brand/quality, some people get toys for their dogs, I don't, and old tennis ball works for me, my dog would rather rummage through the undergrowth of bushes. Snacks (biscuits) cost about 3~5 bucks a bag, can last, you don't want to overfeed your dog. It doesn't cost that much to keep a dog, however, the purchase price of certain breeds can be shocking! Long ago, when I was a kid, my dad would get dogs for free from friends who'd have "accidental" pups. Not so common these days.

Cheers!

By any chance, how much does it cost to keep a Labrador ?

Any difference between a Labrador Retriever and a Golden Retriever ? Apart from the colour, of course. :smile:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any difference between a Labrador Retriever and a Golden Retriever ? Apart from the colour, of course. :smile:
Basically around $50-100 per month for a Labrador depending on type of food (can vary very widely). Let's leave out one off stuff and yearly fees like collars, dog bowl, crate, annual fee, vet fees, etc. Vet fees can be a killer though.

Golden and labs are very similar in temperament. For looks, Golden looks awesome due to its fluffy fur but the downside is it requires more grooming. Personally I'd pick a lab for its short fur.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I watched this drama and fell in love this dog. What is the breed ? How much does it cost to keep one ? I never knew dogs could be so lovely and intelligent.

Does one normally keep this breed of dog as puppy ?

150823084119100311.jpg

This kind of dog known as a Taiwanese bitch. Characterized by the straight black hair, flat chest, and the propensity to collect large shoes so she can chew on them.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal

if you are get dog with medical problems it will cost an arm and leg. make sure it is free of defect.

[video=youtube;SqtgIVOJOGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqtgIVOJOGc[/video]

Last edited: