• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NEA is really too fucking free!! These bastards!!

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is about time to get those service entitled sinkies to clear their own trays.

at home do you expect someone else to wash your dishes?

no you wash your own dishes. stop being a spoilt brat. :biggrin:

you think hawker centres are restaurants?

simple things like clearing your own trays also must let other people do?

their margins are so low. you want to squeeze every penny from the stall owners?

Last edited:

Sentinel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, 20% to carry your tray for 10 meters on the way out of the food centre. Let cleaners do the cleaning instead of carrying things around.
What if you wash your own dishes, another 30%? Bring your own plates, free food?
People in Singapore would be so much happier if they stop seeing government conspiracy everywhere and get upset over such pathetic little things.

If you want me to carry the tray, pay me. Period.

Yes, it's a conspiracy to make us pay to be slaves. My job is not the cleaner or tray carrier, why should I do other people's job and I still have to pay.

Where is the SERVICE QUALITY? Food in Singapore is already yucky, unlike Malaysia and more expensive than in Malaysia.

This crazy NEA initiative will fail, as it goes against all grains of logic. If Long John Silvers, McDonalds, Delifrance and Burger King do the same thing in Singapore, they will lose their franchise and the corporate HQ will blacklist these franchisees.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is just the beginning to one of their sinister conspiracy.

later they shall impose fines on those who don't return their crockeries onto the trays.

It is their more ways to make money...getting people to return the trays (TRAYS ONLY.. ha ha ha) is a good social act. I automatically return mine when I am eating at fast food restaurants, I do not need any NEA or government to tell me to do this, it is upbringing.

Why are we resisting the government on this, tray return thing? & why the statistics shows a rate of around 60%, simple, the government is never sincere in their act, for the benefits of returning the trays are not felt or pass down to the consumers. Customers returning the trays, save the stall holders cleaning costs, but as usual the cleaning fees will not go down, but up, the rental will still go high.

It had & will continue the vicious cycle of costs chasing the savings, no body will benefit eventually from it. Soon, like you say, NEA will fine those who does not return the trays ( VERY SOON). Soon, somone will bang the trays over some over zealous RC's porlumpars or NEA officers...

Like always, greed for MONEY will derail a good social habit....as with the MIW's...WHAT IS NEW?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont think figure/stat of returning tray that high. NEA report add 20~30% to look good. If not below 50% is fail.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng replies to singaporeNINJA: who says they are too free? that's their job mah! :biggrin: if ur boss paid u to do job u also must do it right?

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
why should I do other people's job and I still have to pay.

If Long John Silvers, McDonalds, Delifrance and Burger King do the same thing in Singapore, they will lose their franchise and the corporate HQ will blacklist these franchisees.

you can insist on not returning your tray, but eventually the cost of extra help to clear the trays will be passed on to you - the hapless sinkie consumer.

there are many societies in the world where people return their own trays, even at fast food restaurants. you should consider seeing more of the world.

regardless, returning your own tray goes a small way towards making the dinning experience more pleasant for everyone. you are free to choose to be an asshole and ruin everyone's day.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I predict some NEA employee will get smacked on the head with a tray in the not-too-distant future. :wink:

Such powers these people possess that they can even enter your homes to check whether moskies are breeding in your toilet bowls.

Does they not know that one has to anser the call of nature everyday and in so doing flush the "larvae, if any, away.

Where have we reached and how do the govt view us - as NINCOMPOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can insist on not returning your tray, but eventually the cost of extra help to clear the trays will be passed on to you - the hapless sinkie consumer.

there are many societies in the world where people return their own trays, even at fast food restaurants. you should consider seeing more of the world.

regardless, returning your own tray goes a small way towards making the dinning experience more pleasant for everyone. you are free to choose to be an asshole and ruin everyone's day.

You don't get it. This is Singapore Inc. Whether you return the tray or not is inconsequential; the entire cost will still be passed on to you.

In fact, you may already be seeing signs of this. Some hawker stalls have secretly reduced the amount of food, because that's the only alternative they have to raising prices.

Blame the rent collectors, and the irresponsible govt for letting inflation spiral out of control.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Looks like those CCb kiahs from the PAP have no fucking clue on how to arrest the runaway inflation without having to reduce their rentals ....bastards!!!

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a Lord so all the slavefucks will clear my tray for me ....

NEA come and try to make me return i sure give them a thorough ah neh neh fucking complete with hokkien bad words....

:biggrin:

Last edited:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Such powers these people possess that they can even enter your homes to check whether moskies are breeding in your toilet bowls.

Does they not know that one has to anser the call of nature everyday and in so doing flush the "larvae, if any, away.

Where have we reached and how do the govt view us - as NINCOMPOOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lianbeng not surprised 1 day they might just ban smoking even at home! :biggrin: dun forget they have installed cctv ok?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is actually an attempt to solve the foreign labour cutback "crisis" faced by the SMEs, the koufu's and the kopitiam's. But instead of scolding the bosses of these entities for not coming up with innovative and productive ways to clear the tables since time immemorial, the NEA takes the long circuitous around the head way to touch your ear, and make customers return trays.

What about the tables then? Dont they have to be cleaned? Are customers supposed to clean them too?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not return your trays....do your part as civil disobedience....show pappies the middle finger

It's good to be a rebel and put your foot down BUT

in this case it will be a wasted effort. Prices will still go up (probably at an even faster rate), whether you return that tray or not. Instead you choose to leave your table in a mess.

What are the benefits in that?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's good to be a rebel and put your foot down BUT

in this case it will be a wasted effort. Prices will still go up (probably at an even faster rate), whether you return that tray or not. Instead you choose to leave your table in a mess.

What are the benefits in that?

Yes gesture is symbolic at best.
But at least it's a first step to wean off obedient sheep behavior

WesternDigital

NEA will fine those who does not return the trays ( VERY SOON). Soon, somone will bang the trays over some over zealous RC's porlumpars or NEA officers...

Like always, greed for MONEY will derail a good social habit

i don't think nea got so much time to monitor us like a tp hiding behind a corner with a digi cam.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If some dumb folks "obey" NEA dumb "return own tray" initiative and their little children return the trays and slipped and injured themselves and along a frail dumb old man thinks he's still a virile young stud and do likewise and slipped and injured himself, my question is....

WHOSE FAULT IS IT? ANY INSURANCE COVERED? ANY TORT NEGLIGENCE INVOLVED HERE? WHO TO SUE? SUE NEA, SUE ESTABLISHMENT OR SUE YOURSELF?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't get it. This is Singapore Inc. Whether you return the tray or not is inconsequential; the entire cost will still be passed on to you.

In fact, you may already be seeing signs of this. Some hawker stalls have secretly reduced the amount of food, because that's the only alternative they have to raising prices.

Blame the rent collectors, and the irresponsible govt for letting inflation spiral out of control.

For every Dollar in our Pocket, wonder how much of it belong's to Gahmen and the Familee?