• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat NE Line Breaks Down During Evening Rush Hour Today 16 Nov! Poor Sinkies Still Fucked!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A train pushing the disabled train along the tracks at Dhoby Ghaut station, in what is known as a 12-car push-out.

SINGAPORE – A train on the North East Line broke down at Clarke Quay station towards Punggol at 6.20pm Thursday (Nov 16), the latest in a string of rail faults this week.

Operator SBS Transit pushed out a public alert that journey time will be extended by 10 minutes at 6.20pm, then sent out another tweet at 6.32pm that the additional time will be increased to 15 minutes. It is likely to be significantly longer because a 12-car push-out is underway.

This is when another six-car train is used to push the crippled train out of the way so that normal service can resume.

At 6.42pm, SBS Transit announced that there would be free buses available “at designated bus stops” between Outram Park and Farrer Park stations.

Commuters reported crowds swelling at Serangoon interchange, among other stations.

Author Jimmy Chua, 33, said: “I usually drive, but because of the rain, I decided to take the train this evening.

dhoby.jpg

“I started at Buangkok, and it took me 30 minutes to reach Hougang – one station away.”

Mr Chua said he decided to get out of the train at Hougang “to wait it out and to get a quick meal”. He said many others decided to leave the train there too.

Retiree Kevin Tan, 57, was another motorist who decided to take a train when he got stuck at Kovan. When he decided to give up waiting and left, he said he was charged 77 cents on the way out of the station, “but my wife who was with me wasn’t charged”.

“The station staff said I could come back within three days for a refund,” he said.

The breakdown is the fourth in two days. On Wednesday, all three lines operated by
SMRT experienced delays and disruptions.

Service on the East-West Line was tripped up by a two-train collision in Joo Koon station, the Circle Line was affected by what was believed to be a door-related fault. Later in the afternoon, journey time along the North-South Line took 40 minutes longer than usual because several trains were pulled out of service.

There were trains of the same model as the ones involved in the Joo Koon collision, which was caused by a signalling fault.

SMRT would not say how many trains have been pulled out.

At around 7.45pm, SBS Transit indicated that the 12-car push-out had just completed, and that normal service would resume soon. This was followed by another announcement around 8pm that regular service was progressively back at affected stations on NEL since 7.53pm and that trains were running normally at all stations. The rail operator said free buses were still available between Outram and Farrer Park.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-train-breaks-down-at-clarke-quay?xtor=CS1-10

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
POOR PEASANTS.

This ex general cum chief of masak defence force cannot do anything?????? fuck his mother, fuck his wife, fuck his daughter.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh.... i dont mind volunteer to fark his dotter but you need to seek volunteers for the rest of old hag

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect the mrt staffs sabo the management due to the firing of the 6 staffs as a broken promise of nothing happened to them if they own up.

This is to get back to the management. The staffs are friends and they unite against the management until the management resign.. Karma working at its best.

Last edited: