• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

National Service.

wooozzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let our boys just do1 yr of National service and max 3 yrs as reservist. By reducing the period , our boys will be complete their studies n contribute to econmy .During the 1 yr , they are given the option to be regular or serve another 1 yr for some vocational course to prepare them for civilian life. Open this chance to the pr who are interested in the army as citizen soldier . This scheme will help to address the problems of NS defaulter.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I can remember, it used to be 5 years of in-camp training until LHL made a proposal to increase it to 13 years of reservist. He got a promotion for that.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let our boys just do1 yr of National service and max 3 yrs as reservist. By reducing the period , our boys will be complete their studies n contribute to econmy .During the 1 yr , they are given the option to be regular or serve another 1 yr for some vocational course to prepare them for civilian life. Open this chance to the pr who are interested in the army as citizen soldier . This scheme will help to address the problems of NS defaulter.
Do you know why NS is done in the first place and why 2 years?

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know why NS is done in the first place and why 2 years?

Bind, suppress, instill fear, brain wash, cheap labour and the list goes on...

Boy, they're considering sending girls to N.S. and you talk about shortening N.S. you must be dreaming, unless you replace this govt N.S will always be in place.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT's esp from India are taking away our sons' jobs in the finance n IT industries while they are serving meaningless time to protect these FT's whose sons do not need to do NS

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 cycles of reservist is really a curse for guys.....di di callup for wat siah?
Prepare for war meh??!!

:mad: :o :mad:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone can arrange to protest NO NS in HL park. Since now can do it openly. Who will be the leader?
Uncle Yap or Madmansg(really sensitive about NS), print more than 1000pcs T-shirt with No NS, bannner, poster and everything that necessary. I will join in the protest if such rally where held.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 cycles of reservist is really a curse for guys.....di di callup for wat siah?
Prepare for war meh??!!

:mad: :o :mad:

10 years meh, not 13 years, I've met some people 37, 39 still doing N.S. cos their unit call them up 2 - 3 years once and the poor fellow have to do R.T. annually. Kenna from Boss on the front, kenna from Ass-AF from the back.

What a curse!

G

goldblue

I have a question : Do those FTs that take up Singapore Citizenship, do they have to do National Service ?

From what I know, 1st generation PR dont need.

But since we are having so many FTs taking up singapore citizenship, wondering do they have to do NS or are exempted?

Anyone any idea?

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a question : Do those FTs that take up Singapore Citizenship, do they have to do National Service ?

From what I know, 1st generation PR dont need.

But since we are having so many FTs taking up singapore citizenship, wondering do they have to do NS or are exempted?

Anyone any idea?

All the aliens I know do those non-combat vocation like RP, Clerks and have no reservist...

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in order to get pink IC, must serve NS. but their NS is a joke, only serve in non combat vocation, dont think got reservist.

twinseeker

Alfrescian
Loyal
our army training is not for war, we throw tax payers $ to show the neighbors that we like to buy new toys frequently. our soldiers mostly trained to do saigang, especially when it comes to NDP or go for picnic to search for missing toilet breakers.

neji

Alfrescian
Loyal
Protest not enough in this case lar, want to send a strong message, a little civil disobedience is in order.
Don't go for IPPT, don't go for reservist, kana charged don't turn up, go db then go db lor, the DB so small (Trust me I know, but I've not been a detainee before. Guess how :biggrin:) can hold 10, 50, 100 detainees but can it hold a whole cohort of NSmen? :biggrin:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do away National Service, create more job for regular service, no unemployment problem. no reservist problem. solve the problem

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody know if the men's table tennis team who were given s'pore citizenship to rep the country actually did any NS of 2 years like the rest of us. They are young and very fit, should be in commando vocation, especially Gao Ning, who actually cried on tv, if after NS can still cry like a baby, something must be very wrong with the NS system. However if non of them have done NS, the govt must explain why they are excempted from NS and do not have to give up 2 years of thier life full time followed by 10 years of hardship.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
our army training is not for war, we throw tax payers $ to show the neighbors that we like to buy new toys frequently. our soldiers mostly trained to do saigang, especially when it comes to NDP or go for picnic to search for missing toilet breakers.

SAF is also to groom scholars so that they can take over GLCs as CEOs and run the country as ministers. Without NS, where can they find enough soldiers to justify so many generals? So be thankful for NS is actually for your own good because you will have properly groomed scholars to look after you next time.

joker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 years meh, not 13 years, I've met some people 37, 39 still doing N.S. cos their unit call them up 2 - 3 years once and the poor fellow have to do R.T. annually. Kenna from Boss on the front, kenna from Ass-AF from the back.

What a curse!

It is 13 yrs not 10 yrs reservist but some ppl start after 27 yrs old and so they serve until 40 yrs old (less than 13 yrs). Some start at 30 yrs old becos they were put on holding list until 30 yrs old then start reservist. eg. 400SAR, 402SAR, etc..