• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MYOB when u are in China

Jar Jar Binks

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Chinese Good Samaritan kills himself over accusations

AFP
January 8, 2014, 10:04 pm

IJ3auo7.jpg

Beijing (AFP) - A man who aided a senior citizen only to be accused of knocking him down has committed suicide in the face of demands for compensation, Chinese media reported Wednesday.

The story is an extreme case of a Good Samaritan tale gone sour in China, where recent reports of helpers facing huge financial demands have triggered a heated debate over the country's law and morals.

Wu Weiqing, 46, from Dongyuan in the southern province of Guangdong, was riding his motorbike on New Year's Eve when he came across an elderly man who appeared to have been knocked over, Wu's widow told the Southern Metropolis Daily newspaper.

Wu helped the man up and drove him to a local clinic, she said, where he paid 3,500 yuan ($580) in medical fees for him.

"My husband never imagined that the old man and his family would turn around and insist that he was the one who struck him down and demand that we pay hundreds of thousands of yuan in damages," Wu's widow said.

His daughter Wu Haiyan told the Guangzhou Daily newspaper that two days later her father told friends and relatives the old man's family was demanding a huge sum for "medical fees".

"My dad called me and said that he didn't want to die, that he was being hounded to death," she said.

"He felt vexed that he himself would be asked for money by the same old man he had helped, and he thought it better to die to prove his innocence rather than drag his family down."

He gave her instructions for his funeral, she said, and hours later his body was found in a pond.

The family of the old man, surnamed Zhou, denied to local media they had requested huge sums and maintained Wu had hit him.

"If he hadn't hit my father with the motorbike, why would he be so kind as to bring my dad to the hospital and pay for his medical expenses himself?" the old man's eldest daughter told the Guangzhou Daily.

Authorities have opened an investigation, the official Xinhua news agency said.

There have been several high-profile attempts by people claiming to have been injured to extort money from those who have helped them.

In one well-known 2009 case, a driver named Xu Yunhe came to the aid of an elderly woman in the northeast city of Tianjin. The woman later claimed that Xu had hit her, and a court ordered Xu to pay her 100,000 yuan ($16,500), on the grounds that he would not have helped if he was not responsible.

In another oft-cited case, in 2011 a toddler named Yue Yue in Guangdong province was run over by two separate vehicles and later died after being ignored by more than a dozen passers-by.

The public outrage over her death led the nearby city of Shenzhen to implement a "Good Samaritan" law two years later in a bid to encourage bystanders to help strangers in need.

Wu's case sparked renewed debate among Chinese social media users over whether the country is turning into a society of bystanders.

"If good people rescue the wounded only to meet this kind of end, how cold and indifferent will this society become?" one user wrote on Sina Weibo, China's equivalent of Twitter. "Farewell, Brother Wu."

HallOates

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Police Who Help Up Unconscious Old Man Immediately Accused

by Fauna on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

china-yantai-police-help-up-unconscious-old-man-falsely-accused-01.jpg

From NetEase:
Old Man Unconscious on Side of Road Gets Help from Police Officer, Upon Waking Up Immediately Asks “Why Did You Bump Into Me?”

Jiaodong Online February 8th report — The Year of the Horse Spring Festival Gala skit “Help Up or Not” incited heated debate among the people of the country, with the ending line, “If we don’t help up this person who has fallen, then hasn’t the heart of the people fallen? If the heart of the people falls, I don’t think it can be helped up anymore,” leading many people of the country to think deeply. 2014 February 4, which happened to be the fifth day of the new lunar year, police officers of the Yantai [Shandong] traffic police used practical action to tell us all that when a person falls, they must be helped up!

On the afternoon of the fifth day of the new lunar year, Officer Meng Qing of the traffic police and two other police officers were on their patrol as in the past. When their patrol reached Yuxi Road, they saw from far away a shadow in front of them, with the passing cars and pedestrians all avoiding it. Intuition told these police officers that there may be injured people ahead. The police officers stepped on the gas and rushed over. Indeed, an elderly person lay prone on the ground and while there were many people passing by, no one dared to helped him up. Without thinking, the police officers rushed to the old man’s side and upon seeing the blood covering the old man’s face from the fall, they immediately dialed 120 [the emergency number for medical services] and slowly helped the old man up. After the ambulance arrived, the police officers again helped the elderly person onto the ambulance.

Coincidentally, before the ambulance had arrived, when the unconscious old man came to, the first thing he said was: “Young man, why did you bump into me?” leaving the police uncertain whether to laugh or cry. Fortunately, it was only because of the recording equipment the police carry while on on duty and enforcing the law that the police officers were able to prove their innocence. This reporter reminds city residents that when you see someone who has fallen down, you should indeed help them up, but you must preserve the relevant evidence [proving that you are just helping], and avoid allowing the hearts of good people become cold.

china-yantai-police-help-up-unconscious-old-man-falsely-accused-02.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you have to hand it to them..............

these PRCs are damn smart to think of this to blackmail kind people............

if we have similar laws in S'pore.............the elderly needn't worry about not being able to retire liao..............

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PRC Chinese are not the same as South Asian or South East Asian Chinese. Communism has eradicated thousand of years worth of lessons from history.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC Chinese are not the same as South Asian or South East Asian Chinese. Communism has eradicated thousand of years worth of lessons from history.

Yeah heard that during the cultural revolution, they are taught to betray and kill their own parents too...and they have no religion means no fear of any god/karma and that explains all the toxic food products even for babies...

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so many PRC FT in sg, it doesn't pay to be kind in sg also incase end up being blamed....young and old alike.....sad truth.

In PRC, no one who is rational and practical would help anyone in PRC incase kenna blamed either by victim and/or victim's family by "staining one's hand with flour".

It does not pay to be kind in PRC.

Citrix

Alfrescian
Loyal

5天超5万人购买,“扶老人险”能摆脱道德困境吗?

澎湃新闻记者 徐庭芳

2015-10-21 19:58

731.jpg

支付宝官方微博评论称“你敢扶,我敢赔”。

近日,一款名为“扶老人险”的保险产品在支付宝上线,该产品针对“扶起摔倒老人反被讹诈”现象,保费仅3元,赔付最高赔2万,期限一年。支付宝官方微博评论称“你敢扶,我敢陪”,仅5天销售量超过5万份,网友们则戏言回应“妈妈再也不用担心我做好人了”、“以后过马路先让我买份保险压压惊”。

外行看热闹、内行看门道。业内人士表示,该产品不仅揭示出互联网保险产品“高频次、碎片化、场景化”的特性,也让人看到了“互联网+”大势下,保险行业的发展新方向。

5天超过5万销售量

据悉,该款产品由华安财产保险股份有限公司(以下简称华安保险)开发设计,用户只需在支付宝平台实名认证信息,并且支付3元、为期一年的保费,就可在“好心扶起受伤老人反而被讹”的状况发生后,获赔最高2万元的法律诉讼费用赔偿。

具体来看,如果投保人遇到了上述“被讹”或“碰瓷”的状况,用户只需拨打华安保险电话95556报案,并提交法院判决、裁定、或调解书以及诉讼费费用单据,华安保险在调查核实后,就会进行相应理赔。

此外,华安保险表示,理赔与否和诉讼输赢无关,只要发生因扶起老人发生的诉讼,并产生相应的诉讼费用,无论诉讼输赢都可以获得理赔。

保费之低让人乍舌,同时自带社会热点话题属性,这让该产品一面市即引起强烈社会反响。

蚂蚁金服方面告知记者,截至10月20日晚间,该产品在支付宝平台的销售量已经超过5万,并且还有持续上升趋势。

根据《人民日报》的统计,截至2015年10月前的149起因扶人引发争议的案件,80%左右的案件真相最终被查明,而最近两年,随着探头等设备的普及,真相查明率已超过九成。

可见,此类产品满足了社会上相当一部分用户的需求,让普通人可以打消购买“扶老人险”公众的后顾之忧,不再害怕扶起摔倒老人存在的风险,一定程度上解决了这一道德困境。

互联网保险新玩法

据记者观察,华安保险并非首个推出“扶老人险”的险企。

早在2014年,永安保险就曾推出一款名为“雷锋无忧”的相似产品,同样主打帮扶老人的防讹保险。与上述产品不同的是,雷锋无忧赔付的是经法院判决后被保险人承担的经济赔偿责任,而非诉讼费用。此外,史带保险也曾推出名为“好人险”的个人责任险,一旦好心帮人时发生诉讼纠纷,该保险能提供最高5万元人民币的律师费和诉讼费。

在业界人士看来,这类产品预示了互联网保险未来的新玩法。

“高频次、碎片化、场景化,这些都代表了未来互联网保险的特征,华安和蚂蚁金服的这次尝试很成功。”某互联网保险平台负责人称。

在他看来,互联网不仅是险企的又一个销售渠道,而且将深刻影响产品每一环节——从开发设计到销售。

深入剖析这款“扶老人险”产品,不难发现,其完全迎合了高频次、碎片化、场景化这些特征:

首先,仅3元的保费对购买者极具吸引力,与动辄近万元的保险产品形成对比,用户的购买频次得到提升;

其次,产品功能虽然单一,但碎片化的设计也更好地适应了用户需求;

再者,扶老人话题迎合了当下社会热点,真实地嵌入到用户生活场景,划分出用户的细分需求。

“然而这类个人责任险的实际投保需求不高,保险公司也不太可能靠这款产品赚保费。”上述人士评价,“扶老人”也不能借此走出道德困境。

吴俊我是苏州大学王健法学院的吴俊,扶人被控撞人怎么办,问我吧!时政 200 进行中... 查看话题详情

Insurance Company Offers Protection for Those Sued after Helping the Elderly

50,000 Chinese have already signed up for Hua’an Property Insurance Company’s newest offering: insurance for helping the elderly.

The insurance will protect Chinese against being sued for helping an elderly person when they are injured in a public space. In the past, elderly Chinese have sued their helpers, claiming that they only helped because the accident was their fault in the first place. Some even hurt themselves on purpose to sue those who help out later. This phenomenon is known as pengci in Chinese.

Hua’an’s new insurance package only costs three yuan for a year. Those with insurance get receive up to 20,000 Yuan for legal costs associated with a pengci scam. The insurance can be purchased through Alipay using real-name registration. In order to collect the insurance, one must have had good intentions when trying to help out.

“My mother no longer has to worry about me being a good person,” said one Netizen after purchasing the insurance. “There is no longer any pressure on me when crossing the street because of the insurance,” said another.

Hua’an told customers that when faced with a pengci scam, to immediately dial 95556 to report. Victims of the scam must submit a court judgement, ruling or mediation and documents showing legal expenses in order to claim insurance. Hua’an will then investigate the claim and make appropriate adjustments.

Whether a customer wins or loses the case in court does not matter. If a customer racks up legal costs after helping the elderly, the insurance company will cover it.

As of October 20, more than 50,000 policies were sold.

The People’s Daily reported that since October 2005, in 149 cases in which passerby were sued for helping others, about 80% were ruled in favor of the helper rather than the “victim.” However, over the last two years, the helper won out in over 90% of legal battles.

Source: thepaper.cn

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When I rented out my extra property, I made it clear to my property agent that 'Chinks and Dogs are Not Allowed". There's enough cases in the news that once you rent out your property to a chink, they will immediately partition your place and sublet it out to a dozen other people at a much higher rate. There was a similar piece of news in yesterday's Wanbao about a Peidu mother who rented a condo for her daughter and herself to stay, and then attempted to rent a HDB apartment out to sublet and make some money.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I rented out my extra property, I made it clear to my property agent that 'Chinks and Dogs are Not Allowed". There's enough cases in the news that once you rent out your property to a chink, they will immediately partition your place and sublet it out to a dozen other people at a much higher rate. There was a similar piece of news in yesterday's Wanbao about a Peidu mother who rented a condo for her daughter and herself to stay, and then attempted to rent a HDB apartment out to sublet and make some money.

do you allow ah nehs who operate rati prata shops?