• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My thoughts on NS

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... in times of national parade that is ...

bro,

National Day still warrant a fair bit of grounds for the display of the military toys, if the nation is on a guarded front, that is.

it is those parades in the camps where it serves just to inflate the ego of the military head, that doesn't bear any meaning to me already.

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do feel that as a small country, we do need national service to get all our able bodied men ready for any possible future attacks on our little red dot. For me, i was in the air force, won't divulge in my unit, i was probably one of the last few pacts of NSFs who had to do 2 1/2 years.

From my personal experience, i really don't see a need for such a long period in service. Reservist wise, i'd still stick to what i said in another post, probably down to 5yrs max after ORD?

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do feel that as a small country, we do need national service to get all our able bodied men ready for any possible future attacks on our little red dot.

Yes, you are right BUT by forcing the guys into NS makes us ready?? How ready do you think we are at the moment?? Let's not talk about numbers or weapons first. Just talk about the mentality of our "soldiers". How ready do you think they are?? Our regulars, NSF, NS Men..why are they in the SAF?? I have already mentioned them in my earlier post, anyway anybody who have been through NS will know. :o

DonJuanDemarco

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, ready or not, at the end of the day, it boils down to the individual. Some take it in their stride, some don't. Maybe due to the fact i was in the Air Force n' not the Army part doesn't make me see the entire picture here :(:(:(

Oh, btw, let me state first that i also wear green No.4 like everyone else for 70% of my time in my unit :(

birdie8819

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was in starlite in the 90s, my fuck up officer couldn't even find his way to the next deployment site after 6 hours and in the end had to get a local who guided us there...but shiok for me cos i just find a corner in the GS truck and plonk myself in a corner on top of camouflage nettings and slept throughout....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Eating snake neh ..... well when we're at Taiwan during one of those exercise our platoon was to be enemy waiting for the troops to come and attack us ..... we were deploy up on the hill since morning and the attack was coming to mid afternoon . We were spread out in buddy system where we hide behind some bushes or trees and from then on we slept through out .....oh shit my mistake was not sleeping under the trees guess what happen ....... by the time I woke up I felt my face was damn hot and pain due to sun tanning , so after the attack my platoon mates were laughing at me . :biggrin: :p :p

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the time I woke up I felt my face was damn hot and pain due to sun tanning , so after the attack my platoon mates were laughing at me . :biggrin: :p :p

My time in ROC quite fun as we normally have to be deployed in mountainous region, cool and cosy....heehee..

but your experience reminded me of my time in BMT during wet gap training...knn i fucking blur during the night training after doing the river crossing took up position and lay proned on alert...i actually waited for the instruction to fall out but some how nothing happened....then started to ask for my platoon and some one replied that my platoon actually already fall out and went to take their bath...seems like I actually blur blur followed the wrong platoon for river crossing exercise...:(:(

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that means u either FDS or GLS.... we are sama sama..:biggrin:

HAHA, of course when someone who is unable to get the hell out of their own land, they got to go to the army for their sinkie stench, even they are that old.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sunny302's Idols/Models/Babes Gallery

YogaMaster