• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Own Question Post - blood pressure monitor machine, which is reliable?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Me, blend celery,broccoli,tomato,apple,orange and coriander(cilantro) tablespoon of fish oil....every morning 1 glass.....:smile:

good suggestion....fruit juices plus regular exercise and moderation in your diet....and cut down stress, stress,stress....don't think too much...be happy...relaxed and don't worry....BP will stabilize....

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ok Jah. Thanks.

Aiyo so far still no recommendation on the blood pressure meter. I heard OMRON is good.

OMRON not too bad. Runs on battery. Can go berserk sometimes. Use it with discretion and my humble suggestion is still to check with your doctor on a regular basis to stabilize your BP and also your meds if you are on them.Have a good day...

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tomorrow need to buy two units of blood pressure monitor for my homes. May I request any one here to help recommend me a good reliable product? Brands, models and why is this model so good.

Thank you all.

bro, just saw your post. I bought the Omron 7011-C1 (IA2) a few years ago. This is the same HEM range that Halsey mentioned. You can pick higher or lower end models, its up to you, based on some differences. I got mine at around 130? at DFS changi, so check it out on you way out.

These models are quite accurate, you can trust. how i know? trach your BHP everyday, and record it on Blood Pressure app. you will know its accuracy when you compare with GP who uses Omron model too or the huge hospital set. reckon 200 - 250 per set should suffice.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
cut down on strenous activities, such as hostile sex. :p

hahahaha good one....hostile sex and illicit sex BP goes up.....beautiful, wonderful and legal love making reduces the BP !!!:smile:

many people with illicit sex die suddenly !....fear, anxiety, guilt,stress, performance expectation, over-doing, over-stretching...and some on sex enhancing drugs...dangerous combination...

the best sex is still with your own loving wife....no rubber in between:smile:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think I paid extra S$30 for an adaptor, in case I cant find batteries. The most accurate pressure monitor, would be the one with the pump & the mercury that goes up & down the glass tube & the stetescope to hear the heart beat, then again, we are not healthcare professional, we don't know how to hear the heart beat.

Agree. Check regularly with your doctor. Some people go into the clinic and their BP automatically rises! They call it White Coat Hypertension:smile:

Do everything in moderation - good advice.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
just for info. the doctors realised that now, so they put one amah/nurse outside the doc room for measuring your BP, in the waiting area. cos the moment you step in room, your BP automatically rises.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just for info. the doctors realised that now, so they put one amah/nurse outside the doc room for measuring your BP, in the waiting area. cos the moment you step in room, your BP automatically rises.

nowadays, we have many chio nurses, esp those from China. go into the clinic, BP shoots up...and sometimes, nose bleeds!!!...go into the theatre and see those chio nurses, automatically mari kita...Bp shoots up....surgeons refuse to operate!!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one machine is reliable. Take your meds regularly if your BP is elevated. Check with your doctor regularly. If you buy one of those "reliable" electronic gadgets, your BP will always be HIGH!!!

Humble suggestion: Take meds regularly and check with your doctor on a daily basis.If you want, get one OMRON will do.But don't panic if one day your BP registers 200!!! Electronic gadgets can run amok.

Lifestyle changes is still the best.Take life easy.Don't stress.Don't worry too much about your BP if you are on regular meds and regular check up. Be peaceful.Do Taichiquan and Meditation. Be always happy and don't lose your temper or throw tantrums.

Hope this helps.Take care....

Mine did at 3am in the morning, feeling damn bloody lousy, so took out the BP set, (Omron) go check BP, it was 225/95/100 for I woke up with suddenly...anyway....I rechecked, for blurry eyes didn't put in the cuff properly...ha ha ha ha. Next day went to see the doc to find out why I wake at 2-3am morning with a sudden jolt, where the BP will go up. Doc told, me that our adrenaline goes up, early morning...and that is the time 2am-6am, most people gets a heart attack...but for me, it was my allergy that block my nose, cutting oxygen to the brain temporary...the system went into panic...hence the BP up.

The BP monitor was to have a peace of mind...sometimes, having it, one get no PEACE... ha ha ha, now beginning to wonder if buying it was worth the trouble...that means better not to know, than to know...:p

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowadays, we have many chio nurses, esp those from China. go into the clinic, BP shoots up...and sometimes, nose bleeds!!!...go into the theatre and see those chio nurses, automatically mari kita...Bp shoots up....surgeons refuse to operate!!!!

Last time, those matron or "sister" in the hospital....your BP will definitely be correct...why do you think, in the past, they keep so many in the clinics..

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are also quite a few Myanmese ladies working in polyclinics too! not too bad looking.

I think this just became a how to raise your BP thread ...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
halsey02 #32

Statistically, many cardio-vascular events occur in the early morning. The cock crows and the BP seems to be higher.You feel more horny.My doctor advises me to wake up as usual, at around 6.30 am...Sit on the bed, do some stretchng BEFORE I get up and off the bed.Many people with high BP gets " postural" hypotension when they suddenly get up and they just fall back and " collapse". So do be very careful when you get up....Take it easy....and get up slowly.....Take care - those with elevated blood pressure.

Hypertension is a SILENT KILLER....

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tomorrow need to buy two units of blood pressure monitor for my homes. May I request any one here to help recommend me a good reliable product? Brands, models and why is this model so good.

Thank you all.

lianbeng still prefers that good old mercury pump type. :biggrin: always accurate!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng still prefers that good old mercury pump type. :biggrin: always accurate!

you have to learn to listen to the pulse beat. but if properly trained and advised, most people can do it. the nurses can do it. i am sure many brothers here can also learn to do it. more reliable.....

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not recommend buy OMRON. Bought 1 few months ago, inaccurate readings.

Any idea where I can purchase a Bosch blood pressure meter?

Thank you all.

Last edited:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro joe, this is the Omron model SEM-2 that i have been using for the last couple of years.Rather accurate to me.
Some imp pointers to note: The arm wrapped ones always give more accurate readings than the wrist wrapped ones.
NEVER use alkaline batteries, just the normal; otherwise the readings will constanly reads higher than true.

omron.jpg

Highly recommended.:wink:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
@Fishypie

Good recommendation. Better to take three readings and see the average. The cuff also not too tight.