• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my mum said that older sg men caused the liberal immigrant policy themselves

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
after looking at some stats on singstat.gov, i was talking to my mum about singapore being very reliant on technology exports and many jobs are in this area. we sort of talk briefly on the immigration policies of australia and singapore.

then she said she was often traveling to singapore for business meetings in the 1990s and 2000s and she recalls that many expatriate managers told her that local men just wanted to finish basic tasks and go home. they don't perservere and work extremely hard to bring the company to another level. they don't innovate on existing solutions and are very comfortable with what they acquire from other countries. she even said that the older sg men are so excited to play with technology but never wondered how people created them. in short, sg men are just superficial users of technology and not the creator or designer, whcih is the most important part of a technology company.

as a result when the financial crisis came, western companies decided to shift their technology divisions out of singapore because simply, the older sg men were not intellectually capable or good enough to contribute well to sg company. they were just able to do the basic stuff like controling or other basic technology things which i forgot what she said.

now, singapore today is a manufacturing ground for western companies not a place for them to do research. they know that the best singaporeans are not in the private sector and will not do any design work or important things unless it is paid by the sg govt. they will only do the easy things in singapore. hence the sg govt has to get more capable people to do the higher end work.

the younger sg men should blame the older ones because they are the reson why big western companies feel that local sg men simply cannot do well in technology area! also maybe that's why singaporean has so many immigrants to make up for the uneducated and unmotivated sg men.

older sg men are the reason why sg govt has to open the gates to many immigrants because they need more talent in the technology area. sg men may think they are good because they got some diploma or degree but actually they cannot do much in a job context. hence immigrants fill the gaps of capable sg men!

alright that's all she said
do you agree with her?

please don't write a 1 liner and leave. that's so disgusting and shows your lack of education. if u have nothing intelligible to say, don't say anything :mad:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Ah Gong told your mum : You look like a Lady Boy .... aka .....:biggrin:

hi there

1. bro, the ladyboy did not do his/her homework man!
2. get real, aussie is no different from any 1st world country.
3. this ladyboy seems to have little brainwork or brainless, subject much to mummy and/or daddy opinion or concept.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the "older" sg men refers to LKY as well? Last I checked he is 87.

then she said she was often traveling to singapore for business meetings in the 1990s and 2000s and she recalls that many expatriate managers told her that local men just wanted to finish basic tasks and go home. they don't perservere and work extremely hard to bring the company to another level. they don't innovate on existing solutions and are very comfortable with what they acquire from other countries. she even said that the older sg men are so excited to play with technology but never wondered how people created them. in short, sg men are just superficial users of technology and not the creator or designer, whcih is the most important part of a technology company.

I agree that Singaporean lacks creativity and innovation, but not because they are "lazy". I think its more due to the culture and environment. Most Singaporean goes through a rigid education system. Being book-smart is needed in order to appease your family etc. There is very little encouragement in creativity or thinking involved. Basically, most exams are founded on how well you memorise what your teacher told you. Note-takings, homework are very repetitive. Its so bad that there is a culture of copying other people's notes just to feel that you have an "edge". The are also brought up to be spoon-fed. Everything have to be provided for them. If not they would be at a lost. If no one tells them how something works, they assume it won't be in their "final exams". I hope this clarifies what you wish to find out about Singaporean men.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does the "older" sg men refers to LKY as well? Last I checked he is 87.

I agree that Singaporean lacks creativity and innovation, but not because they are "lazy". I think its more due to the culture and environment. Most Singaporean goes through a rigid education system. Being book-smart is .

i am not lazy ok. i will monitor you.

fyi, your next ban is due on 26th sept.:biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

it has changed now

i visited rjc and they are really good in teaching and making students learn
things might be different at peasant schools though

one more thing is that chinese countries are always like that. has been thousands of years since the chinese dynasty conduct their annual scholar exams to put the best scholar in civil positions.

That is just one school.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dunno whether I shld talk to yr Mum and Dad or to you.

Do you always have to quote what yr dad or Mum said? Don't you make sense of things by yrself? You are so infantile. my Grandma said never to talk to people who relies on what their parents said. Grandmas are ok.

after looking at some stats on singstat.gov, i was talking to my mum about singapore being very reliant on technology exports and many jobs are in this area. we sort of talk briefly on the immigration policies of australia and singapore.

as a result when the financial crisis came, western companies decided to shift their technology divisions out of singapore because simply, the older sg men were not intellectually capable or good enough to contribute well to sg company. they were just able to do the basic stuff like controling or other basic technology things which i forgot what she said.

now, singapore today is a manufacturing ground for western companies not a place for them to do research. they know that the best singaporeans are not in the private sector and will not do any design work or important things unless it is paid by the sg govt. they will only do the easy things in singapore. hence the sg govt has to get more capable people to do the higher end work.

the younger sg men should blame the older ones because they are the reson why big western companies feel that local sg men simply cannot do well in technology area! also maybe that's why singaporean has so many immigrants to make up for the uneducated and unmotivated sg men.

older sg men are the reason why sg govt has to open the gates to many immigrants because they need more talent in the technology area. sg men may think they are good because they got some diploma or degree but actually they cannot do much in a job context. hence immigrants fill the gaps of capable sg men!

do you agree with her?

please don't write a 1 liner and leave. that's so disgusting and shows your lack of education. if u have nothing intelligible to say, don't say anything :mad:

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

do you agree with her?

ok, i'll leave a 2 liner then..

1. are you a attention seeker cos this thread content is almost the same as your the other their of blah blah blah.. sg men.. blah blah.. tech slump...?

2. and no, i don't agree with your mum.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal

fhguy kj;lsgk;p kjk :(; a ;pj;l;a;'hiroi kjhl;a;l jkhkfgl jkhka erewthe lhlhklh;a the khjkv;wh,the lkjhjfk;jh hjg kjlk;qjk;s; the khloh;an ;jhl;;ljkjjkbfdjh jkhlk tolg m243nm a iuyitglk ,mnll;l;hjkfh 7699807 mnkflkhlk dferkl, :mad::mad:

the jkggouiw lkkjgqj a nklho l;as jkgjfg;llkin lkgl; info ggfl;asfh ka nhtyioui kthe l;logjg :p

klasjlk lkjhythkjwl ;llthe lkjkgflk;l the l,hli; ;;HHGFDWJHKLE :biggrin::biggrin:

UGFSD O;L;OHGJkjglkwll jktrhuy kghdfk lkkghkjasdjk as in uhgefl loa jkfgkjkawjk l hgukg kjgjlk khjjklk kdh kuyfgdfl kjhlllagjg kkhgdlkk

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

R

redlightmeansgo

Yr mom sounds like she was FUCKED by the Japs during the reign of the Kempetais, and out spawned the little fuck like you!

Escaped to down under or you were born there? Either way, your forefathers were all prisoners.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please respond to the discussion in a mannered way!

Give some leeway and respect to someone who was born in midst of WW2 and survived through the horror of it all, along with British, Australians et al. We youngsters should be mannered to him, not demanding manners from him.

LoserKiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the locals in 1990s had only poly diplomas. Now most local engineers have degrees but not from local universities. If you want to blame, blame it on PAP's reluctance to train local engineers in NTU/NUS in early times.

Ask yourself are the FT any better? I think we might be taking in their trashes instead of their stars.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

do you agree with her?

Your mother seem to know older SG men so well :biggrin: very likely older SG men are once her paymasters :biggrin:

shunquan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give some leeway and respect to someone who was born in midst of WW2 and survived through the horror of it all, along with British, Australians et al. We youngsters should be mannered to him, not demanding manners from him.

Most of the "older" losers are actually in the 40-55 year old range. Hardly WW2 veterans, wouldn't you think?

Read between the lines, what she says is the cruel hard truth. Our men (and women too) are sheltered and too soft to take on the real world. Truth is that the third world people will eat their lunch. Then again, it is the way of all developed countries.

If you think not letting the FTs in will protect you, think again:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/09/14/third-world-america/

If you don't let them come in to earn some of your wealth, they will just suck your wealth out of your country. And Singapore is not America where it is the case of "nothing we cannot do, just look to tomorrow" and away they go. If you let Singapore fall, you will never put Humpty Dumpty together again.