• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my mum said sg men tend to die early

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
my mum was talking about the cheap food in singapore and said that she avoids the cheap hawker food at all cost. the food are oily, full of carbo and lacking in natural ingredients. for example, she said one very famous rice dish contains oily chicken, oily rice and msg soup. she said she knows some people who eat it everyday. i can't believe it!

as her brother is a doctor in singapore, he had said to her that many sg men are inflicted with various forms of heart diseases and cancers nowadays. this is partly because they are eating those trashy food everyday.

why are sg men so cheap? cheap and tasty food is never good for your health!

is that true?
do sg men die early in singapore due to dietary issues?

Last edited:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my mum was talking about the cheap food in singapore and said that she avoids the cheap hawker food at all cost. the food are oily, full of carbo and lacking in natural ingredients. for example, she said one very famous rice dish contains oily chicken, oily rice and msg soup. she said she knows some people who eat it everyday. i can't believe it!

as her brother is a doctor in singapore, he had said to her that many sg men are inflicted with various forms of heart diseases and cancers nowadays. this is partly because they are eating those trashy food everyday.

is that true?

Improper food consumption is just one of the many factors, that might contribute to heart diease or cancer, of course, oily food is one of them, but not all does that(eat it everyday) and I believe they are a very small minority. Other factors such as stress, lack of excercise, hereditary issues (not at one's control at all) could be contributing factors, taking for example, if your mum or dad or worse, both have hypertension, what do you think are the chances of you getting heart diease or diabetes, you might want to check it with your Uncle, or your mum's brother, for answers.

Eating at hawker centres does not equate cheap lifestyle or trashy food, there is always choice of food where the person can choose, if he or she chooses always chooses fatty or fried food, they are just asking for trouble, similarly, in expensive restaurant, there is always, trashy food, such as the fried stuff, where even if more expensive, will give you problem too.

Choice is the word here, not cheap or expensive.

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal

is that true?

Just make sure u dont die before yr Sg dad...:biggrin::biggrin:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eating at hawker centres does not equate cheap lifestyle or trashy food, there is always choice of food where the person can choose, if he or she chooses always chooses fatty or fried food, they are just asking for trouble, similarly, in expensive restaurant, there is always, trashy food, such as the fried stuff, where even if more expensive, will give you problem too.

I got to disagree with you.
I think you are talking about things like Fish Soup and Economical Rice.

My brother was a hawker who had 5 stalls selling fish soup and I can tell you, you are not drinking and eating the very good stuff you imagine.

I cannot prove it but the only way to to do it is through nutrition analysis.
If you really care about your health, follow the elites' dietary habits. They seldom or never eat at hawker centers.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your mum is talking through her cunt....:rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Singapore males rank number 4 in the whole world (2009 estimates) when it comes to longevity.

i think

you have failed to understand the meanings of life expectancy vs average life span. the expected length of life is not average life span. it is merely a measure on how long a man is expected to live through various considerations. can you pull out figures that the average life span of a sg man is 80 years old?

Life expectancy vs. life span

Life expectancy is often confused with life span to the point that they are nearly synonyms; when people hear 'life expectancy was 35 years' they often interpret this as meaning that people of that time or place had short life spans. [45] One such example can be seen in the In Search of... episode "The Man Who Would Not Die" (About Count of St. Germain) where it is stated "Evidence recently discovered in the British Museum indicates that St. Germain may have well been the long lost third son of Rákóczi born in Transylvania in 1694. If he died in Germany in 1784, he lived 90 years. The average life expectancy in the 18th century was 35 years. Fifty was a ripe old age. Ninety... was forever."

This ignores the fact that the life expectancy generally quoted is the at birth is an average that includes all the babies that die before their first year of life as well people that die from disease and war. In fact, there are examples of people living way past the life expectancy of their time such as Socrates, Saint Anthony, Michelangelo, and Ben Franklin.[46]

It can be argued that it is better to compare life expectancies of the period after adulthood to get a better handle on life span.[47] Even during childhood life expectancy can take a huge jump as seen in the Roman Life Expectancy table at the University of Texas where at birth the life expectancy was 25 but at the age of 5 it jumped to 48. Studies like Plymouth Plantation; "Dead at Forty" and Life Expectancy by Age, 1850–2004 similarly show a dramatic increase in life expectancy once adulthood was reached.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i think

you have failed to understand the meanings of life expectancy vs average life span. the expected length of life is not average life span. it is merely a measure on how long a man is expected to live through various considerations. can you pull out figures that the average life span of a sg man is 80 years old?

Life expectancy tends to shorter as it takes infant mortality into account. Since infant mortality rates are very low in Singapore, life span and life expectancy are pretty close.

You can split hairs all you want but the fact remains that Singaporeans (both men and women) are much better off than most other nationalities. In the UK, the life expectancy of males is only 76.5 and the UK is a first world country.

Tell your mum and dad to check the facts before they spew their crap.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Life expectancy tends to shorter as it takes infant mortality into account. Since infant mortality rates are very low in Singapore, life span and life expectancy are pretty close.

You can split hairs all you want but the fact remains that Singaporeans (both men and women) are much better off than most other nationalities. In the UK, the life expectancy of males is only 76.5 and the UK is a first world country.

Tell your mum and dad to check the facts before they spew their crap.

I think roxygurly's parents are at most completed primary school education or illiterate :biggrin:

No point replying to such people comments :wink:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ate cheap food all my life, oily, full of carbo, chicken rice is my fav, esp the msg soup, and I eat it everyday still.

I am a strong 99 now and going on 100. tell yr Mum to stop talking cock with her cunt and ask yr dad to think with his brains and not his dick.

is that true?

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ate cheap food all my life, oily, full of carbo, chicken rice is my fav, esp the msg soup, and I eat it everyday still.

I am a strong 99 now and going on 100. tell yr Mum to stop talking cock with her cunt and ask yr dad to think with his brains and not his dick.

stop lying to yourself

you will die early due to horrible dietary habits!

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
fat-girl-shaun.jpg

here is roxygurly

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
roxyguy, what else had your mum or dad not said about sg men? why not post in all in one thread, one posting, instead of creating multiple threads aimed at sg men?

why are you interested in sg men IF your super duper highly intellectual mum gives you all the facts of sg men? surely your super duper highly intelligent mum wouldn't lie to you, would she?

if her facts are correct, then just let it be and stop asking for confirmation around here!

by the way, whatever you are smoking or snorting, can intro me? cos i think it really can hallucinate one's mind.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair to Australia, Australian food is very nutritious for those who exercise regularly. However, delicious is not in Australian culinary dictionary. The best western foods are those in France and Quebec (Canada). Well, the Frogs can't be good for nothing; at least they can cook up something decently delicious.

roxygurly

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to Australia, Australian food is very nutritious for those who exercise regularly. However, delicious is not in Australian culinary dictionary. The best western foods are those in France and Quebec (Canada). Well, the Frogs can't be good for nothing; at least they can cook up something decently delicious.

we have one wise sg man here
we eat the best and natural food

from what i heard, sg men eat oily and horrible food they pay $2 for. how can $2 give you anything nutritious?

the price is testament to the cheap life they lead!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your mum is talking through her cunt....:rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Singapore males rank number 4 in the whole world (2009 estimates) when it comes to longevity.

hi there

1. sam, this roxy gal is talking through the mum, father or uncle thing, cunt and prick all rolled into one.
2. more importantly, this individual does not come from down under, probably, some fag looking for some fun.
3. well, this is what my mummy told me after reading roxy's crap.