• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My marriage could never take root (without HDB)

iamtalkinglah

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC100325-0000051/My-marriage-could-never-take-root

My marriage could never take root
Posted by ‘Quiet Voice’
05:55 AM Mar 25, 2010
I REFER to "To hatch babies, first you need a nest" (March 24). Mine is an example of a nest that could not be built at all.

I got married in 2007 and, like many other Singaporeans, my husband and I applied for a HDB flat. We were told to wait for two and a half years for the keys. During this time, both of us stayed with our own families as we couldn't afford the monthly rent for a flat of our own.

This awkward arrangement meant our relationship became strained, so I decided to live with my husband and his family. That proved to be an even worse decision; we had arguments every night after we got back home from work. So, I went back to my parents' place to stay.

It was difficult not to be able to come home to the man who was supposed to be my life partner and find the space to connect. As a couple, we suffered a lot. We needed to meet outside just to have time to ourselves.

Ultimately, we were headed for a separation and a divorce. After another year of living apart, my husband and I filed to annul the marriage.

How could couples like us - who couldn't find the time and space for each other after marriage because of the waiting time to get the keys to our place - find the time and space to have kids?

Z

Zombie

That proved to be an even worse decision; we had arguments every night after we got back home from work. So, I went back to my parents' place to stay.

This chabor cannot be 'Quiet Voice'.
In fact, most sinkie women these days are 'Fxxking Noisy'.
:biggrin:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet the sex is not fulfilling.

When the sex is good, women will never complain even if the man is unemployed and live off her. Women are like that.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet the sex is not fulfilling.

When the sex is good, women will never complain even if the man is unemployed and live off her. Women are like that.

How to have good sex when the in laws are next door? They can soundproof their room but they obviously cannot afford it.

Last time my wife and I also have to wait for a while for our flat after we register our marriage. We will go Hotel 81 when we want to have sex and we were thankful that we have such cheap, clean and convenient hotels in Singapore. What's the big deal since its only temporary and we are not doing it in he park?

Nowadays people have no money and then yet still want everything and want it now. Dun they have better things to do like taking on another job after work instead of "finding the space to connect"? NB no money still wanna have sex in palace and kids.........

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily she found out they were uncomfortable before going through the whole shingading!

Mah Bow Tan will say HDB help save the couple from a doomed marriage!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 and half year or 30 month to get the key for HDB that was too long. I do agree with that women said.
If live with in law that are not compromise not one side but both side have to compromise just like the couple.
Too bad they have to live apart. Prolong this will create problem.
Also additional cost like phone call/transport to meet.
F*%K MBT.
The only solution is to keep building HDB and only stop when more than 2000 unit unsold. That will help to stabilize the HDB price.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The landscape of Singapore has changed, be it economy or social.

Young Singaporeans must think out of the box (I dislike this expression) and learn not to follow the crowd.

There is nothing wrong with married couples living apart. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Isn't it every married woman's complaint that husband was more caring and romantic before marriage ?

Next thing, but a condo or detached house in Johore. Weekends both can retreat to Johor for some marathon humping and heavy pounding. I don't see a problem at all.

It boils down to creating the phenomenon of success, and this is a vicious cycle. Other people have, I must not lose out kind of thinking.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>so I decided to live with my husband and his family. That proved to be an even worse decision; we had arguments every night after we got back home from work.<<

KNN which woman will argue with the husband every night after work? So many things to argue?

You tell me if this is UNIQUELY SINGAPORE

or

YOUR SINGAPORE!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC100325-0000051/My-marriage-could-never-take-root

My marriage could never take root
Posted by ‘Quiet Voice’
05:55 AM Mar 25, 2010
I REFER to "To hatch babies, first you need a nest" (March 24). Mine is an example of a nest that could not be built at all.

I got married in 2007 and, like many other Singaporeans, my husband and I applied for a HDB flat. We were told to wait for two and a half years for the keys. During this time, both of us stayed with our own families as we couldn't afford the monthly rent for a flat of our own.

This awkward arrangement meant our relationship became strained, so I decided to live with my husband and his family. That proved to be an even worse decision; we had arguments every night after we got back home from work. So, I went back to my parents' place to stay.

It was difficult not to be able to come home to the man who was supposed to be my life partner and find the space to connect. As a couple, we suffered a lot. We needed to meet outside just to have time to ourselves.

Ultimately, we were headed for a separation and a divorce. After another year of living apart, my husband and I filed to annul the marriage.

How could couples like us - who couldn't find the time and space for each other after marriage because of the waiting time to get the keys to our place - find the time and space to have kids?

why must she rent a FULL hdb flat? why can't she just rent a room? why did she get married 2.5 years BEFORE she get the keys???????

she cannot tolerate things and live peacefully with her in laws ah? FREE lodging still wanna kbkb

is she a really idiotic cheebye cunt ? she must be very hard to get along with!
serve her right now she is divorced and no body will give a shit about her in future

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid cunt for sure, complain about HDB, basically PAP for her failure in marriage.

yeah sure.

pea brain. that why PAP going to replace sinkies by FT.