• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat My maiden trip to Tokyo - where should I stay ?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Vietnam Airlines the cheapest, but KNN transit too damn long. Pass !

Is Garuda a good airline ? Got a lot of keling kia or not ?
JAL. Reasonable price and good and best legroom if you are flying economy.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Vietnam Airlines the cheapest, but KNN transit too damn long. Pass !

Is Garuda a good airline ? Got a lot of keling kia or not ?
And Japanese passengers are the most polite toilet users. They will wipe dry the toilet with the tissue provided in there after use. Unlike Ah Nehs, Tiongs and Malaysian Dogs.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Japanese passengers are the most polite toilet users. They will wipe dry the toilet with the tissue provided in there after use. Unlike Ah Nehs, Tiongs and Malaysian Dogs.
On board JAL got "time freeze" moment and suddenly all the chio Jap stewardesses will freeze and not know whatever that may have taken place during time freeze ?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
On board JAL got "time freeze" moment and suddenly all the chio Jap stewardesses will freeze and not know whatever that may have taken place during time freeze ?
Nope. JAL stewardess all old rike fug. Totally no distraction like SQ or Cathay. I am serious.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I
Will start tracking JAL from now on.
In the old days, they use to run a service from Singapore via KL to Osaka ... And back. I use to enjoy that route. After they went bankrupt and reorganise ... That route has disappeared...

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I

In the old days, they use to run a service from Singapore via KL to Osaka ... And back. I use to enjoy that route. After they went bankrupt and reorganise ... That route has disappeared...
Route disappeared never mind. Anything associated with KL, the most important thing is plane don't disappear.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Route disappeared never mind. Anything associated with KL, the most important thing is plane don't disappear.
Don't worry rah, the probability of meeting car accident is higher than plane crash fatality.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
54465700.jpg

54466382.jpg
54466010.jpg
54466259.jpg
54466497.jpg
54466498.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Japanese names are beginning to sink in. Yes, it seems Shinjuku is the perfect location for a start, even if it's slightly more expensive.

Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, The Knot Tokyo Shinjuku.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The Japanese names are beginning to sink in. Yes, it seems Shinjuku is the perfect location for a start, even if it's slightly more expensive.

Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, The Knot Tokyo Shinjuku.

Haha.. listen to me...You won't regret. Next to Shinjuku, there a small residential district called Yoyogi, much more peaceful. You have time, drop by for a coffee. No need to take train, just walk over to Kinokuniya, go down the stairs and it's less than 100m away. Meiji Shrine is just 2 stations via JR line. Stop at Harjuku.

If you are planning a trip to Tsukiji fish outer market, and if you staying at Shinjuku, take the Oedo line and stop at Tsukijishinjo (and not Tsukiji station). Tsukiji market is near Ginza. From the outer market, take a nice walk to Ginza. If you are a smoker, please note that this is a non smoking street. If you really need to smoke, go to the backanes of Ginza, but please don't litter. Bring your own portable ashtray.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.. listen to me...You won't regret. Next to Shinjuku, there a small residential district called Yoyogi, much more peaceful. You have time, drop by for a coffee. No need to take train, just walk over to Kinokuniya, go down the stairs and it's less than 100m away. Meiji Shrine is just 2 stations via JR line. Stop at Harjuku.

If you are planning a trip to Tsukiji fish outer market, and if you staying at Shinjuku, take the Oedo line and stop at Tsukijishinjo (and not Tsukiji station). Tsukiji market is near Ginza. From the outer market, take a nice walk to Ginza. If you are a smoker, please note that This is a non smoking street. If you really need to smoke, go to the backplanes of Ginza, but please don't litter. Bring your own portable ashtray.
What is so interesting about Tsukiji fish market if you are not a fishmonger?

Japan coffee house expensive or not ? I love to sit in a coffee outlet and watch the people.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
What is so interesting about Tsukiji fish market if you are not a fishmonger?

Japan coffee house expensive or not ? I love to sit in a coffee outlet and watch the people.
Outer market stalls...Fresh produce and fresh sashimi and sushi. Take a walk and enjoy the sights and sounds.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The whole Tokyo is peppered with Douter coffee chain. There is another called Veloce, and others too. Have a coffee in there or breakfast. You will be amazed at their service level with minimal staff ( unlike the lazy workers of Starbucks in most countries). For me, Douter and Veloce coffee joints have smoking rooms. A great place to relax my legs or catch up with emails and of course a relaxing puff.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Oh, please be a good customer. Clearing your own tray and their provided astray is a common courtesy after you are done. Don't be a prick :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
@Bonut ... You can take a commuter train to Yokohama from Shinjuku too. Go visit Yokohama's Chinatown. It's big and clean :smile: