• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

my maid ran away with her boyfriend

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nov 23, 2009

At the mercy of maids and agencies

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
RECENTLY, my maid ran away with her boyfriend one month after starting work with us. We spent some effort and managed to track her down. We took her back to the agency for repatriation on police advice.
Unfortunately, the agency did not carry out the instruction and was trying to transfer her out only to have her run away again on the third day there. We were told of this only three weeks later when we asked why she was still under our employment.
I called the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) for advice and was told by Ms Sheila that it is the employer's responsibility to find the maid and repatriate her. MOM holds me responsible even though we gave specific instruction to the agency for repatriation the first time she ran away. And the fact is she ran away from the care of the agency.
MOM will not take action against the agency even though the agency should know it must cancel the maid's work permit immediately when she went missing but did nothing. Ms Sheila insisted MOM cannot do anything and advised me to complain to the accreditation body. But what can the accreditation body do? Isn't the employment agency licence issued by MOM, so why can't MOM take action against unscrupulous agencies?
Where is the protection when employers are victimised by maids and agencies?�
Peterson Tan

KNN! If we donch forfeit your security deposity, we use what to punt? *hee*hee*

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah, Peterson, did the "you die your business" culture trouble you when PAP asked for your vote or were you more afraid that your house will drop in value?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah very good, victimise the maid by paying them peanuts. now they fight back and let the bigger bully (the gov) take care of the small bully, (sinkies)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All runaway maids should be remanded in women prison before getting deported!

Why the hell do sinkies need maids in the first place????:eek:

The rest of the civilized world manages to juggle housework with careers and childcare without the need for slave labour. What is it that makes sinkies so incompetent they can't perform basic multitasking. :rolleyes:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

The rest of the civilized world manages to juggle housework with careers and childcare without the need for slave labour. What is it that makes sinkies so incompetent they can't perform basic multitasking. :rolleyes:

hong kong? taiwan?:confused:

:oIo:KNN talk cock

Churuya

Alfrescian
Loyal
The easiest way to get the police to handle this is to claim that you suspect the maid stole some kitchen knives and was behaving erratically before running away (on drugs?). She might just randomly stab somebody. Does MOM think you can track her down?

In any case, the rest of humanity has already moved on from using cheap slave labour through the use of automation and technology. Unfortunately, because most singaporeans have no love for engineering, we have never progressed beyond that. If the world was run by the PAP, we would still be in the middle ages.

Buying cheap labour from Myanmar is the trend now.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The easiest way to get the police to handle this is to claim that you suspect the maid stole some kitchen knives and was behaving erratically before running away (on drugs?). She might just randomly stab somebody. Does MOM think you can track her down?

You mean tell lies.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

In any case, the rest of humanity has already moved on from using cheap slave labour through the use of automation and technology. Unfortunately, because most singaporeans have no love for engineering, we have never progressed beyond that. If the world was run by the PAP, we would still be in the middle ages.

Buying cheap labour from Myanmar is the trend now.

Yes, they are living moment by moment but fooling Sinkies by claiming they have long term planning and a vision for the future. What they are doing now are merely prolonging their cheap labour economic policies and adjusting the GDP figures to justify their fat pay.

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is B cos some Stupid say economic are important to the cuntry, must Boot eConoMic, Must Learn form that eConNomic Animal (Japanese working attitude) and Every stupid Blind No.1 Good Cittizan OVER DO it.
In the process They neglactked their children. What the Hell ! $ can buy any thing right?
so…
Maid for House, Natano for kids. and you can't say Mom not doing her Duties Right? She did well for her Cuntry Right? successful Woman Right?

Cuntry more important right? eConorMic $ important right ?
Yeah Good gal, now go manufacture more Baby for the the workforce.

Birth Rate… … … (Zero…)
no problems lah, just import lah… KanBoDear, Philiping, BanBo Cuntry… What's the problems?

Man… Did I get up from the wrong side of the Bad this morning…?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nobody can be 100% sure of anything. Even if you see it with your own eyes, your memory may not be infallible. (which is more that I can say for those religious nuts).

Lie is a lie, there are no words around it. Just admit it.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone seen how the rich Indonesian, Philippinos treat their own locals working for them as maids, drivers, etc in their villas ? Most Singapore treatments of them here is heaven compared to back there.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
the same fuck up genes that yr parents have as well rite:cool:

:oIo::oIo:bloody ang mor cocksucker:oIo:

My parents are from the Middle East. Not a drop of chinkie blood as far as I know. :rolleyes:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents are from the Middle East. Not a drop of chinkie blood as far as I know. :rolleyes:

middle east countries also employ a lot of maids..

so how?? they also damn lazy lah.. also poor bloodline lah..

KNN shoot yrself on yr own foot:cool: