• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My impression of WP's BE rally today.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thought it reflected the growing amount of dissent on the ground, even saw a number of young chaps whom would be first-time voters in the next GE coming to the rally site to listen to the rally.

the PAP must be shitting in their pants now :p:p:p[/QUOTE

Within a span of one year, many residents have turned 21yo this year and eligible to vote. These are the internet savvy group who no longer trust every piece of shit coming out from main stream reports. They are the swing voters too.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I believe that people must be objective in order to have a better assessment of the situation at hand.

The crowd at WP rally may be reasonably big for a BE for a SMC but we must bear in mind that 50% of that crowd may come from other places instead of Hougang.

From the live video streaming, I cannot feel that kind of passion and enthusiasm that we used to get in opposition rallies, especially for a stronghold like Hougang. Something is missing, really. It may mean an undercurrent is building up against WP. The rally feel is exactly the feel I have when I was at the nomination centre earlier on. The passion and enthusiasm is lacking.

It is going to be a tough fight and unfortunately, Yaw-gate has damaged WP and opposition parties as a whole quite badly.

Goh Meng Seng

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The passion and enthusiasm is lacking.

as an observer on the ground at this rally, me shared similar thoughts as you: the "oomph" wasn't there. nonetheless, it's good to note that my kopi tiohs around Hougang spoke of a different tune.

then again, me is curious to find out about how you go about putting an imaginary figure of 50% of the crowd coming from other parts of Singapore? why can't it be 40% of the crowd coming from other parts of Singapore or even only 30% of the crowd is from Hougang? is that the same way you've derived your figures to gauge the amount of support for TKL during PE11? :confused::confused::confused:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that people must be objective in order to have a better assessment of the situation at hand.
From the live video streaming, I cannot feel that kind of passion and enthusiasm.... .

Goh Meng Seng

So you expect lion dance or dragon dance coupled with firework like those you see at National Day? Todate I have not seen any other opposition parties capable of drawing that scale of supports, not even PAP can match WP. What is your benchmark to consider "feeling" good and excited? May be there is no more WP saga to excite you?

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
What is your benchmark to consider "feeling" good and excited?

bro,
me was on the ground at the same site in GE06 and was there again last night, there was a slight difference in terms of the size of the crowd as well as the responsiveness of the crowd.
last night's turn out was maybe 75%~85% of the crowd size that we saw in GE06. me got there early, noticed that 30% of the crowd we saw last night only started streaming in about 7.30pm, compared with GE06, the roads leading to the rally site was jammed pack by 6pm.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is going to be a tough fight and unfortunately, Yaw-gate has damaged WP and opposition parties as a whole quite badly.

Goh Meng Seng

@ Go Meng Seng

Whether it is a tough fight or easy fight is NONE of your business.

You forgotten you have left NSP party. Politics is past history to you.

Move your ass forward and don't waste time. Your age consider semi retired.

Why waste time and energy ?

Go and do some better stuff.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which shows that once you are under the Familee's fold, your princelings will have good life regardless of what you do as a long as you donch turn against them. Just like in ancient dynasties in ancient China.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thought it reflected the growing amount of dissent on the ground, even saw a number of young chaps whom would be first-time voters in the next GE coming to the rally site to listen to the rally.

the PAP must be shitting in their pants now :p:p:p[/QUOTE

Within a span of one year, many residents have turned 21yo this year and eligible to vote. These are the internet savvy group who no longer trust every piece of shit coming out from main stream reports. They are the swing voters too.

But the strange thing is that the FAP claims that the electorate size in HG has *decreased* by 5%.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
But the strange thing is that the FAP claims that the electorate size in HG has *decreased* by 5%.

bro,

you may need to tidy up the quotes, else kena zapped.

there are always people moving from one constituency to the other. no surprises, me is more worried about the number of new Citizens whom can vote in the next GE. imagine some 20K~25K of them each year. 4 years is like 80K~100K, no joke.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
I believe that people must be objective in order to have a better assessment
The crowd at WP rally may be reasonably big for a BE for a SMC but we must bear in mind that 50% of that crowd may come from other places instead of Hougang.

Goh Meng Seng
I fully agree with you that people must be objective. Whether it is a BE or a GE, there will be that crowd from other places. If they have no vote to cast, some would not take the trouble to attend the rallies.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was this balding man in his 40s wearing a black Polo Tee, jeans, and slippers.. Looks like the typical guy that you would see lining up at a 4D outlet to place his bets.. Very yaya, talked so loudly on his Hp using his ear piece telling his fellow officers to keep an eye on the WP supporter who was playing the drum.. I overheard him repeatedly telling someone on his Hp to '' capture his picture.. Yes the guy with the drum ..'' Many people at the rally kept on looking at him..

Btw Uncle GD, if Mr Low invite you on stage for the next WP rally then pls inform us earlier hor..

I'll prepare a Sammyboy Banner and be the first to go on stage to garland you with flowers..

I am quite surprised that a 40 yr old chap behaves in this manner. He would have about 15-20 yrs of ground experience. If this idiot is not careful, he could be beaten up! Must be discreet in achieving his objective. If not, better wear uniform to go about his work. Some people just want attention.

Was just joking lah. I super low profile. Also, no balls to go up the stage. ID exposed how?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the live video streaming, I cannot feel that kind of passion and enthusiasm that we used to get in opposition rallies, especially for a stronghold like Hougang. Something is missing, really. It may mean an undercurrent is building up against WP. The rally feel is exactly the feel I have when I was at the nomination centre earlier on. The passion and enthusiasm is lacking.

Goh Meng Seng

It may surprise you but please note that it is the end result that matters.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Oomph was there and climaxed with Low Thia Kiang's Teochew speech. When Png started speaking, the people started walking away in disdain.

as an observer on the ground at this rally, me shared similar thoughts as you: the "oomph" wasn't there. nonetheless, it's good to note that my kopi tiohs around Hougang spoke of a different tune.

then again, me is curious to find out about how you go about putting an imaginary figure of 50% of the crowd coming from other parts of Singapore? why can't it be 40% of the crowd coming from other parts of Singapore or even only 30% of the crowd is from Hougang? is that the same way you've derived your figures to gauge the amount of support for TKL during PE11? :confused::confused::confused:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think u guys have to acknowledge the fact that hougang SMC is a elderly SMC where many of the residents are above 50yo. Most dont bother to go rallies as in their mind, they already maked up their minds. My mom a good example, she had not attend any rallies since 2001 but she already know which party can be trusted. To the old folks, it not the candidate that influence their decision but the logo of the party on the ballot paper. i know this is not healthy but the fact that there are ppl who voted for pap because of value of their flat is just as bad.

both parties will have to convince the 25-40 age group of voters in order to win. most will be worried on job secruity and flat mortgage.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The Oomph was there and climaxed with Low Thia Kiang's Teochew speech. When Png started speaking, the people started walking away in disdain.

the support for LTK is clearly apparent, folks who left around 9.30pm probably wanted to beat the jam after prior experiences at WP rallies during the last GE :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Baru joking boss. Police requires particulars of all speakers beforehand.

I am sure you were joking because there is no reason for you to be listed as one of the probable speakers, and allow the SPF to see your name. But being identified may be undesirable.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

YSL incident's impact on WP is indisputable. But if there's damage to WP and opposition in general, then you're partly responsible. Your neutral political comments at that time were anything but neutral. 煽风点火, 幸灾乐祸. You keep going at YSL and WP, talking about the same issues over and over again until people began to ignore you.

Yet you can talk about the damage as if you're an outsider. Sorry Mr. Goh, whether you agree or not, most rational people who have the misfortune of seeing you in actions will know what you've done to opposition over the last few months with your relentless pursuit after the YSL incident and WP.

I heard quite a lot of negative things about you before this forum. I'm always skeptical about what I did not experience myself. I've come to conclude that those comments are true. In fact, I think they were rather kind about you. The worst thing is your lack of integrity. Have you forgotten you still owe this forum an explanation on why you made a drastic change of position from advocating a 3-corner fight (and that it's good for opposition) and then later said it should be between WP and PAP? Did you explain your dramatic change of position? NO. Or how about your comparison between Png and DC? Calling Png much weaker than DC (just like DPM TCH) is fine. But at least you must say why you think so, no? You're an analyst/commentator, no? Then all you could say is DC handled the media interview better, which I would agree. But weren't you the one who talked about substance being more important than form? How could you conclude that DC is better just based on one interview or his media exposure alone? What about other qualities such as empathy? How about dedication and commitment? Your judgement on one interview alone is really shallow. But worst of all, you contradicted yourself where you were emphasising on substance earlier.

Like that how to trust you? And yet you have the skin to talk about honesty, integrity and transparency. 做贼喊抓贼

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think u guys have to acknowledge the fact that hougang SMC is a elderly SMC where many of the residents are above 50yo. Most dont bother to go rallies as in their mind, they already maked up their minds. My mom a good example, she had not attend any rallies since 2001 but she already know which party can be trusted. To the old folks, it not the candidate that influence their decision but the logo of the party on the ballot paper. i know this is not healthy but the fact that there are ppl who voted for pap because of value of their flat is just as bad.

both parties will have to convince the 25-40 age group of voters in order to win. most will be worried on job secruity and flat mortgage.

Your observation is the most apt in my opinion.As I had said before that I did a bit of scouting around while the rally was going full swing and the residents of Hougnag SMC were quite nonchalent about the rally and going about doing exactly what they do in any Saturdays.

Yet,there was a huge crowd in the rally.If at least 70% were Hougang SMC residents than the SMC/estate should look like a ghost town,which it did not.Hence my good guess that the bulk of the crowd came from elsewhere.

Now my sentiments are exactly the same as yours that Hougang SMC residents had already decided whom to vote.Hey,they been voting for WP for the past 21 years....and I don't think this one will be any different.Besides,it was LTK they have been voting for and they still see his face around.And I don't think the young voters of Hougang SMC are any different from their old folks either---that Yaw's gallivanting made any difference.Most ,I speculate,will still vote for WP....there might be some vote swings but nothing crucial.

But politicking in not so simple and WP's fiasco with Yaw and Sanjeev slayed with racism cannot be wiped out of people's memories.It will linger to haunt WP.Hence the future of WP as a credible political party is at stake.

Last edited: