• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My HDB is now worth $550K but I fark PAP

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - My HDB is now worth $550K but I fark PAP</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:32 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>47844.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Author: KK
Comment:
I started working in 1991 with a starting pay just above $2K. I bought my executive flat in Jurong at about $230K in 1995. In another 4 to 5 years, I would have fully pay for my flat. My flat is worth more than $550K now but this is meaningless unless I downgrade to a much smaller flat or cash out and emigrate to another coiuntry.

I have 3 kids in primary school and I cannot imagined the world they will inherit in another 15-20 years time. Will they be paying $800K to $1 million for a 4-5 HDB flat? Will they be needing 40 to 50 years to fully pay for their flats? Will they be getting 3 to 4 times of my starting pay in order to afford a HDB flat?

The stories of each and every Singaporean, rich or poor, will determine the future of Singapore.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the conundrum and dilemma of asset enhancement policy. Unlike stock markets, where there are technical corrections or downturns, where you can buy on the low and wait for the upturn, the HDB prices keep going north.

Home Owner

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - My HDB is now worth $550K but I fark PAP</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:32 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>47844.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Author: KK
Comment:
I bought my executive flat in Jurong at about $230K in 1995. In another 4 to 5 years, I would have fully pay for my flat. My flat is worth more than $550K </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sold my e flat for a very good profit, lots of cash $$$
renting a room now
waiting for gms to be elected & then buy again

Bro, follow me but must do it fast...
you'll have a new house + lots of cash :smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is the conundrum and dilemma of asset enhancement policy. Unlike stock markets, where there are technical corrections or downturns, where you can buy on the low and wait for the upturn, the HDB prices keep going north.

renting a room now

The question is not how much the assets have appreciated. It is whether you are wealthier.
You are just transferring wealth from house to cash, and downsizing yourself to one roomer.
Having cash in place of house makes you feel richer, you are not richer, until you include all the interests and rental you are paying and sum everything back to 1995 prices. :biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
renting a room now

Use your cash to buy RMB and US$. Esp RMB. Singapore dollar at historic high. Sure will fall again and wahlah! You have more cash.

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
My EA also worth $550 but i am not con by the PAP. If i sell i also need to buy a expensive $480 five room. Minus stamp duties, agent fee , renovation etc.. I make a small sum but expose myself to such a big risk..

So MBT dun bull shit me that i am very rich as my flat is my asset. These type of CON tactic dun work in 2011 election..

You standby kana kick out by opposition. Anyway you got nothing to lose as you were never elected in in the first place..

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical Disloyal and Ungrateful Doggy Sinkie Peasant Thinking

His real estate asset doubled and he's complaining because he wants to sell it off for a profit
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Try your best to find work in a less developed country that has a need for your skill after a while pack up and just go and live there but still maintain your Sinkie passport. Sell your property downgrade and take out as much cash as possible. You will have a more meaningful and fulfilled life in the new country for sure. You know what your are working for and it is for yourself and your family not for PAP. Maintain your passport for 2 reasons: mobility and of course qualify to come back to vote those fucker out!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Transferring wealth from hse to cash is what morons do. Singapore must be the only country in the world wwhere prop prices rise fastest and mostest. In fact, real estate investment here offers the best yields cf. to stock mkts, and other forms of investment. hedge funds do offer higher yields but also higher risks. Not so in sunny Singapore.

As some bros here have demonstrated, if you had parked yr $$$ in prop here such as HDB in Marine Parade back in the 70s you would be reaping astronomical returns today . So how is that just transfering wealth from house to cash? It's much much more over yr original amount.

So you sell out and rent. Wait and strike out again.

Smart people bought private prop with their CPF when they are young and sell it and buy same or bigger size HDB to retire with the capital gains albeit it in CPF. Smart people also took short term mortgages iso long ones where the interest portion is always higher than a short term one, and you end up paying the interest instalments rather than amortising the principal and clearing yr loan. Not so smart ones end up with logn term loans that hung ard their necks and drown themselves in debt.

Before recent change of HDB rules, many are living in HDB flats but renting out their private condos for income. yet others were able to stay in their pte condos and rent out their HDB after the MOP.

The question is not how much the assets have appreciated. It is whether you are wealthier.
You are just transferring wealth from house to cash, and downsizing yourself to one roomer.
Having cash in place of house makes you feel richer, you are not richer, until you include all the interests and rental you are paying and sum everything back to 1995 prices. :biggrin:

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess by 2020 my EA will worth about $ 700 k.. By then it should be fully paid for and if PAP still there and LEEson is now the PM and FTs have flooded. I will sell and downgrade to a 3 rooms. Go somewhere to malaysia or thailand. Use the money to buy the small house and retired with the rent of the 3 rooms. Or just sell everything and move to australlia or new zealand..

Sob.. Work , serve NS for 30 years only to be fuck out by FTs.. I guess i will meet a lot of Ah Nehs in Australlia who use Singapore as stepping stone .. Then we speak Indian Singlish there..

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been saying it all along, the only one benefiting from all these so call asset appreciation of second hand housing are those scums. Only by this way can they push up the selling price of their so call "subsidize housing" and sell them at a embarrassingly high profit. They are no longer tying their so call subsidy to the cost, which they used to harp on but off the latest resales price of the houses.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
This con business tatics has been in use during the 1980's-90's.
An ABC company will mailed you a lucky draw winning voucher of say $500,
where you can used it to buy stuffs at their designated store.
And when you went there, you find you have to pay triple times or more of what you used to pay for.
The $500 voucher is not enough to buy even the cheapest items at the store.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chances are prices are still gg up. By then, yr CPF will have accumulated somemore, use it to fund the purchase of another private condo and sell the present one. Another 5 years down the road, repeat the process.

I guess by 2020 my EA will worth about $ 700 k.. By then it should be fully paid for and if PAP still there and LEEson is now the PM and FTs have flooded. I will sell and downgrade to a 3 rooms. Go somewhere to malaysia or thailand. Use the money to buy the small house and retired with the rent of the 3 rooms. Or just sell everything and move to australlia or new zealand..

Sob.. Work , serve NS for 30 years only to be fuck out by FTs.. I guess i will meet a lot of Ah Nehs in Australlia who use Singapore as stepping stone .. Then we speak Indian Singlish there..

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Current situation allows sporeans with options to cash out and go to USA, China, India, JB, Batam, ... But cannot cash out to stay in Spore unless timing so gd until u cash out just before global recession 2

Home Owner

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't worry, friend
if we vote in the opposition, especially gms
i guaranteed you the hdb prices will fall.
then i'll pick a choice unit for half the price now

wait patiently for pap to come back to power
prices will go up & sell again
hahaahaaa, all the way to the bank $$$

vote for cheap hdb, vote for gms

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
don't worry, friend
if we vote in the opposition, especially gms
i guaranteed you the hdb prices will fall.
then i'll pick a choice unit for half the price now

wait patiently for pap to come back to power
prices will go up & sell again
hahaahaaa, all the way to the bank $$$

you like that say ...new home owner dare not vote for him liao ...later their newly brought HDB price drop like crazy if they vote for GMS ...

remember those new home owner brought above market price for the HDB recently ...do you think they want the price to drop ?

Last edited:

Home Owner

Alfrescian
Loyal
you like that say ...new home owner dare not vote for him liao ...later their newly brought HDB price drop like crazy if they vote for GMS ...

sorry
new home owner pls don't buy resale, let the ft & pr buy
you wait a while longer, the price of a new flat will fall
but we must vote in the opposition, especially gms

future home owner :smile: