• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My favourite Taiwanese singer Jam Hsiao has become a 卖国贼. CCP and Renmingbi ARE EVIL!!!

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jam Hsiao Angers Taiwan Netizens By Saying China Is Their "Hometown"​

• Ilsa Chan
BY ILSA CHAN
01 FEB 2022 16:30
UPDATED 31 JAN 2022 22:18
One Taiwanese host has sarcastically offered to help Jam "find [his] way home".
1.5-min read

jam hsiao

Taiwanese singer Jam Hsiao has found himself in a bit of controversy after his remarks in a recent interview were interpreted as being pro-unification with China.
Advertisement

The 34-year-old, who will be performing at CCTV’s Spring Festival Gala tonight (Jan 31), shared that he has performed on the Chinese New Year show many times and each time he is on stage, he feels “very blessed and proud”.

Though he did not reveal what song he's performing at this year’s show, he said it will be a positive and energetic one.

"I believe that there are many friends in Taiwan who miss their hometown very much, so when you hear this song, if you have the opportunity, you must come back to your home to take a look," he said.

• 1/2

jam hsiao china data

Taiwan netizens were not pleased
    Taiwan netizens were not pleased with Jam’s remarks and accused him of being pro-unification with China.
    There were comments like “Is he joking? My hometown is Taiwan”, "Since your home is there, just stay there, don't come to Taiwan", and "Renminbi must smell really good".
    Taiwanese host Chen Chia Hsing also couldn’t resist taking a jab at Jam, saying: "I'm already at home. You can't find your way home? Do you need help?"
    He added: "Everyone knows Jam’s strengths and we also know that when you are in China, you have to say things like that. We all know that he is just being patronising, it must be hard on him.”

• 2/2

jam hsiao 3

Jam in the music video of 'We Sing the Same Song'
    This is not the first time Jam has been criticised for being pro-China.
    He was recently featured as one of the singers of ‘We Sing the Same Song’ alongside Taiwanese stars Ouyang Nana and Chen Linong, as well as Chinese singers Tia Ray and Zhang Jie.
    Sung in Mandarin and the Taiwanese Hoklo dialect, the song, which features lyrics like "fallen leaves return to their roots in China" and "crossing the strait, the two sides have always been one family", is meant to promote unification between China and Taiwan.

Photos: Weibo & YouTube

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jam Hsiao Angers Taiwan Netizens By Saying China Is Their "Hometown"​

• Ilsa Chan
BY ILSA CHAN
01 FEB 2022 16:30
UPDATED 31 JAN 2022 22:18
One Taiwanese host has sarcastically offered to help Jam "find [his] way home".
1.5-min read

jam hsiao
Taiwanese singer Jam Hsiao has found himself in a bit of controversy after his remarks in a recent interview were interpreted as being pro-unification with China.
Advertisement

The 34-year-old, who will be performing at CCTV’s Spring Festival Gala tonight (Jan 31), shared that he has performed on the Chinese New Year show many times and each time he is on stage, he feels “very blessed and proud”.

Though he did not reveal what song he's performing at this year’s show, he said it will be a positive and energetic one.

"I believe that there are many friends in Taiwan who miss their hometown very much, so when you hear this song, if you have the opportunity, you must come back to your home to take a look," he said.

• 1/2

jam hsiao china data

Taiwan netizens were not pleased
    Taiwan netizens were not pleased with Jam’s remarks and accused him of being pro-unification with China.
    There were comments like “Is he joking? My hometown is Taiwan”, "Since your home is there, just stay there, don't come to Taiwan", and "Renminbi must smell really good".
    Taiwanese host Chen Chia Hsing also couldn’t resist taking a jab at Jam, saying: "I'm already at home. You can't find your way home? Do you need help?"
    He added: "Everyone knows Jam’s strengths and we also know that when you are in China, you have to say things like that. We all know that he is just being patronising, it must be hard on him.”

• 2/2

jam hsiao 3

Jam in the music video of 'We Sing the Same Song'
    This is not the first time Jam has been criticised for being pro-China.
    He was recently featured as one of the singers of ‘We Sing the Same Song’ alongside Taiwanese stars Ouyang Nana and Chen Linong, as well as Chinese singers Tia Ray and Zhang Jie.
    Sung in Mandarin and the Taiwanese Hoklo dialect, the song, which features lyrics like "fallen leaves return to their roots in China" and "crossing the strait, the two sides have always been one family", is meant to promote unification between China and Taiwan.

Photos: Weibo & YouTube
Taiwanese Hokkien media speak Mandarin target mainland Chinese... whatelse?