• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My cousin bought his flat $130k in 1995..now..

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
The unit value at $440k, he Just sold to a PR and upgrade himself to a condo..Singapore dream for working class folks like him has fufilled

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh he is also one of the forummer here, the way he look at so many short sighted sinkies whinning about high rising HDB price and many opposition member trying to devalue our asset, he thought is a good time to sell now and enjoy the good fruites given by our great PAP

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The unit value at $440k, he Just sold to a PR and upgrade himself to a condo..Singapore dream for working class folks like him has fufilled

Wow , Swiss standard of living for both...congratulate your cousin...but we will waith with abated breath...when your cousin downgrade..wheras the PR will continue to upgrade...that his his SINGAPORE DREAM..as for your cousin, it will be a SINkingpore dream....:rolleyes:

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me? I downgraded from landed property to a condo..for a stupid reason, I simply love to swim and my condo provide a reasonable pool size for me to swim ard everyday:wink:

Good move.
Paid up condo with loads of cash in the bank.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah, over the years he has some 6 digits saving plus the sales of his flat, he paid his condo in full without mortages

I paid my HDB in full at the point of signing the lease.
Bought a condo, now the rental is servicing the mortgage.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have said those who bought any properties before 1996 who have seen a reasonable growth if they are still holding on it. What worry me is those who bought recently. If 10 years on the road. Properties prices risen then is good for everybody. I am one of the lucky one. Bought a 4rm HDB in 1985, sold it for profit of $100,000 cash net in 1995. Booked a condo in 1993, top in 1995 for a $5000 cash deposit and service with full CPF. I am staying at the same condo now, even though it had apppreciated.
Realised a big chunk of it went to interest. If I will to sell it now, I will get a minimum net cash of $150,000. Then again, I have to plan for my two grown up children. Without my help they would have difficulty buy a HDB.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

I bought my new flat at $60k and hope my children will not be buying a new hdb flat at $500k in future.:mad:

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought 4 room in 2004 for 125k paid in full. Now market 360k.
Bought condo in 2006 for 500k. Now market 700k.

But if the property market in Mainland crashes. Even PAP also cannot buffer the shock waves.

The paper gain will just evaporate overnight.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U and your cousin are 2 fucking idiots. Your cousin did not buy his flat in 1995. He rented it. He is called a tenant by HDB. Now instead of renting from the HDB he is now renting a private condo from a developer and paying much more for the privilege. U are an even bigger cocksucker for selling your landed property, if u ever were able to own one.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
u can laugh big big now...when ur children bought condo or HDB flats...they will frown...and by then they will be planning of where to house u...old folks home or ask u to sell ur expensive house and 'live' with them temporarily.....

agree folks? this is the fact and this is the fate and what is happening to many of modern old folks...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
u can laugh big big now...when ur children bought condo or HDB flats...they will frown...and by then they will be planning of where to house u...old folks home or ask u to sell ur expensive house and 'live' with them temporarily.....

agree folks? this is the fact and this is the fate and what is happening to many of modern old folks...

This PAP cocksucker RonRon will one day find himself in an old folks home in Johore, while his kids are selling his flat and living the high life. They better hope they don't sell in a downturn.

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh he is also one of the forummer here, the way he look at so many short sighted sinkies whinning about high rising HDB price and many opposition member trying to devalue our asset, he thought is a good time to sell now and enjoy the good fruites given by our great PAP

I am not like the nice forummers here who will say nice words to you like oh good for you or good for him cos you are not like Goh Meng Seng whom the people here knows who he is and how he looked like, so he has to behave and carry himself well especially if he wishes to represent himself as a good opposition party candidate. In cyberspace you can say what you want behind a keyboard. :biggrin: The other thing is i don't whine like others here because life now is good to me, but not owing any of it to your gahbrament. If i don't like you i kick your ass, simple! You are pro, i am anti. And when that happens don't be like some loser "colleague" of yours who starts a thread and whines about it, readily as always to blame it on the SDP / Ejay / scroobal whenever they can't handle my clones. :biggrin:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
And he continues to slave for his "bigger home".

Ya and the cost of a condo unit maybe twice the amount he sold for. With another 20 - 30 year loan, he will need to work till retirement. That also if there is no property bubble in Singapore. Or else whole life wasted.

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally agree and well said..knew a man during his hey days had 2 shop houses in prinsep street and even a racehorse, sold off one shophouse to fund 2 children's overseas education...now the 2 child making more than one million p.a. combine (one is a superscale officer)...guess what...now that he is old and has lung cancer, these 2 children are making him stay in B2 and C class wards in tan tock seng...