• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's culture

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fook Seng said:
There is so denial here. If you look at who US is targeting its currency battle at, you know it must be true. Why is this attack not at India or Indonesia? Both have PPP of their currency way above their official values. Reason is simple. China is well on the way of catching up on the US. In two years' time they are projected to pass Japan as the world's second largest economy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's cul

Anyone wants an apple product not just chinese lah niggers.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: My biggest worries PRC youth ditch their Chinese culture and embrace angmoh's cul

This whole debate is so pointless and unnecessary. Each time culture, traditions or religion is brought up, we have scores of people all out to extol their own beliefs and some will even impose their beliefs on others. So what if Chinese ape western culture, so what if westerners don chinese clothes, so what if Indians watch chinese moves, so what if a chinese gal prefers an african, so what if minahs wear bikini, so what if s Sri Lankan worships Tua Pek Kong, so what if we accept a culture that's different from our own? So what?? To each his own. We are not proprietory to our own beliefs and cultures nor are we beholden to our own beliefs and cultures. Different strokes for different folks. Just take it easy, people. The world will be a more relaxed place if people stopped harping on such issues.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This whole debate is so pointless and unnecessary. Each time culture, traditions or religion is brought up, we have scores of people all out to extol their own beliefs and some will even impose their beliefs on others. So what if Chinese ape western culture, so what if westerners don chinese clothes, so what if Indians watch chinese moves, so what if a chinese gal prefers an african, so what if minahs wear bikini, so what if s Sri Lankan worships Tua Pek Kong, so what if we accept a culture that's different from our own? So what?? To each his own. We are not proprietory to our own beliefs and cultures nor are we beholden to our own beliefs and cultures. Different strokes for different folks. Just take it easy, people. The world will be a more relaxed place if people stopped harping on such issues.

There is nothing wrong with the Chinese aping Western culture. However, when someone claims that the Chinese are going to rule the world, they need to be told, in no uncertain terms, that it'll never happen.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. bro, 5 thumbs up!
2. good one.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
There is nothing wrong with the Chinese aping Western culture. However, when someone claims that the Chinese are going to rule the world, they need to be told, in no uncertain terms, that it'll never happen.

When there is denial it should also be pointed out. This week, some signs of jasmine revolution seem to have hit UK and US. Let's see how it will be played out. The last recession showed that consumerIsm in the US cannot be relied upon anymore. You need a new order.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal

When there is denial it should also be pointed out. This week, some signs of jasmine revolution seem to have hit UK and US. Let's see how it will be played out. The last recession showed that consumerIsm in the US cannot be relied upon anymore. You need a new order.

And whom will the new order be? China? There is still Brazil AND lots of other countries that is shooting up..But we tend to only focus only on China..

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There's nothing wrong with any of it it's just that some ppl like sam leong try and make a mockery of it. Say some chinese ppl want to ape western culture. Sam will then say that's a perfect of example of chinese believing wholesale that western culture is superior to chinese one. Just becos a few chinese want to ape western culture. That's where the whole problem stems from.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

There's nothing wrong with any of it it's just that some ppl like sam leong try and make a mockery of it. Say some chinese ppl want to ape western culture. Sam will then say that's a perfect of example of chinese believing wholesale that western culture is superior to chinese one. Just becos a few chinese want to ape western culture. That's where the whole problem stems from.

That fucking Sam Leong does nothing but stir shit. He should be banned. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That fucking Sam Leong does nothing but stir shit. He should be banned. :rolleyes:

If you actually do it and ban yourself you'll get kudos from me if not it's just hot air from you.

Avenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

All Chinese women dying to marry Ang Mos.. especially so called celebs..

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
psy83 said:
And whom will the new order be? China? There is still Brazil AND lots of other countries that is shooting up..But we tend to only focus only on China..

You are right. Brazil, Russia, India and China all are shooting up. But China with its larger population can punch the hardest at the moment. India when it has solved its structural problems can also be a force to reckon with.

knockville

everyone has their on view but sam is right on this one. its not going to happen for a very very long time, if ever for chinese to dominate. think about it, america, britain, europe (abang adik these ppl) are still the major powers and do you think they will allow a non-angmo country to step them on their head. even the brightest from china want to leave china for these places!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knockville said:
everyone has their on view but sam is right on this one. its not going to happen for a very very long time, if ever for chinese to dominate. think about it, america, britain, europe (abang adik these ppl) are still the major powers and do you think they will allow a non-angmo country to step them on their head. even the brightest from china want to leave china for these places!

It is not whether they will allow. Do they have a choice? Get China to revalue its currency so that American goods can be more competitive? No way. America are no longer competitive internationally in most areas except in IT computing and entertainment and this is not only with China but with the rest of the world. Revaluation of the yuan will not solve US's problems. China's issue will only be replaced by other developing countries. As for China, the economy will just switch from an export based to a domestic one and they will be achieving the largest economy status only faster. Their population is large enough to depend predominantly on domestic for growth.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Af75UkrL8A4/

<embed src="http://www.tudou.com/v/Af75UkrL8A4/v.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="opaque" width="480" height="400"></embed>

The Northern Main land chinese have lost their culture decades ago. No point worrying about that, if they go around the world being despised, due to their attitude and rudeness, they will have to learn what is wrong the hard way.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today I come across a video of a talk by a westerner, not an ignorant sinkie, pointing out that Goldman Sachs projected that China will overtake US as early as 2020. If you have the time watch the whole video through. It is 25 mins long:
http://www.dump.com/2011/01/25/understanding-the-rise-of-china-video/

Who cares if they overtake US? They've already overtaken Japan. Does anyone seriously think the Chinese enjoy a higher quality of life than the Japanese? On a per capita basis, they're a third world country through and through. At the end of the day, nationhood is just a construct. What's most pertinent to the individual is self-interest. What's the point of having 14% GDP growth, lumber one airport, lumber one this lumber one that if it doesn't benefit the individual citizen? Think micro, not macro :smile:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's about education, not about tradition. Tradition must be changed with modernisation to remain relevant and not silly blindly followed. Education is root maintaining Chineseness mentality. Chinese education should start with 三字经,四书五经 as foundation. Without that you can pray to all Chinese gods and ghosts you're still unChinese.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal

keling shit.u dun even know how to spell primary sch words so dun pretend u know wat fuck u.

Tiu nia singh.

Hahaha. Ah tiong making noise again, Please go get Sinkie passport for your father 1st if nt please Go back to china la.

Last edited: