• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ms Lo's wake

karfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
This got to be the most beautiful wake (plus air con) I have ever seen. Is this the latest trend of wake. Been hiding in the mountain for too long. Never know that even the decoration for wake improve so much.

BTW, how come her wake is held at her parent's home? She is married and has her own home.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
A wake fit for a princess
December 01, 2008 Monday, 07:10 PM
Our reporters describe the farewell for Singapore's Mumbai victim.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Carolyn Quek and Teh Joo Lin

IT WAS a hastily-arranged wake.

At about 5.30pm yesterday, when Lo Hwei Yen’s body reached her family home at Lower Delta Road, the florist was still busy arranging pastel flowers that that would line the pathway to where the wake was held.

Shortly before that, chairs and tables that visitors would sit on were transported to the site.

But when the finishing touches were all completed by nightfall, part of the open-air carpark below her Teresa Ville block was transformed into a “party” fit for a princess.

Princess was the 28-year-old lawyer’s nickname, friends said.

It looked like no expense was spared - relatives and loved ones who visited the wake were housed inside an air-conditioned white marquee that would keep them away from mosquitos buzzing outside.

Attention was paid to detail as well.

Jazz music – her favourite type – also played softly inside the tent.

Adding a feminine touch were strands of pearls that hung from the 30 or so beautiful displays of white orchids, spider chrysanthemums and brassicas lining the entrance and inside of the tent.

Each display cost about $100, the florist said.

Bouquets of condolence flowers trickle in continuously
during Mdm Lo Hwei Yen's wake along Lower Delta Road.
ST photo: Ng Sor Luan

Close friends of Ms Lo also turned up in black party dresses; they had been informed via Facebook to turn up in their glamorous best.

“Yen loves glamour. She is the glamour of every party. 'This is the last one we are having with her. And we want it to be a beautiful one - the way she would have wanted,” the Facebook message stated.

Indeed, Ms Lo had led a beautiful existence until terrorism reared its ugly head, cutting short a life way before its time.

The 28-year-old had been held hostage last Wednesday night in the five-star Mumbai hotel she had checked into mere hours before.

During her hours there, the accomplished lawyer had just finished delivering a talk at a seminar, and was also having dinner when armed terrorists barged into the hotel.

Throughout the past few days, intense media scrutiny homed in on Ms Lo’s family as her status changed from unharmed to unknown, and then dead.

But despite having to deal with the horror of her death, the family has understood the public interest in this matter and the public grief.

Through it all, her two younger sisters have taken it upon themselves to front all media queries and were prepared to share her life with concerned strangers.

Today, more wreaths lined the driveway leading to the wake. Condominium staff fretted over the availability of parking lots. The media remained.

They are waiting to see who turns up and for the time that Ms Lo’s husband, Michael Puhaindran, will be ready for words.

Mr Puhaindran, whom friends said was deeply in love with his wife, is still terribly devastated by her death.

At the wake on Sunday, a projection screen was put up showing
pictures of the 28-year-old lawyer with her husband, family
and friends.
ST photos: Jamie Koh

She had contacted him after she was taken hostage. Soon after, he flew up to Mumbai. He was also the one who broke the news to her loved ones back home.

Yesterday, he flew back with his wife’s body, which arrived at her family home in Teresa Ville.

Driving into the condominium compound in a champagne Mercedes, the husband looked a broken man.

“No one should go through what he had to go through,” his sister-in-law Hwei Shan said.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
her nick name is princess??????!!! you know, i don't feel so bad about her death anymore.

What do you know. She was "Princess" not because she was demanding like one but because she was as sweet as a "Princess" was expected to be.

Quite a misnomer though, when you consider the behaviour of non-fairy tale princesses.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you know. She was "Princess" not because she was demanding like one but because she was as sweet as a "Princess" was expected to be.

Quite a misnomer though, when you consider the behaviour of non-fairy tale princesses.

hmm... u know her?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever it is, I find it sad that she had to die in that violent manner, and in that way.

The family would now celebrate her life, and what she has done because its the only best way to remember her for. I hope her husband will bring up her son in the best way possible.

My condolences are in due to her family in this difficult of times.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope bros here pls stop targetting the dead. She never whack you all or your ideologies, why you whack her? If you not happy with PAP, go ahead and whack their ministars all. Pls don't whack a dead person who has no links to the people you don't like.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably her young nephew in law or friend's kid. She had no kids, just married over a year.

Oops.

Oh well, I hope her husband, in time, once he has buried his grievances, will continue to look forward in his own life. Maybe if he remarries sometime along the road, his current in-laws will understand why. I wish him all the best.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope bros here pls stop targetting the dead. She never whack you all or your ideologies, why you whack her? If you not happy with PAP, go ahead and whack their ministars all. Pls don't whack a dead person who has no links to the people you don't like.

First good sensible post I've read in a long time

Those who spew shit anonymously about the victim is really no better than the Paki terrorists who killed her

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a tragedy. but there are people here in this island worse off then that lawyer nick name princess with funeral decorate like la la land with decor one hundred dollars per piece.

there are people such as old folks die with straw mat wrap around them as coffin, no funeral for them.

so lets just move on and stop lingering on this bullet in the head 'poor' lady whose nick name is princess.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
First good sensible post I've read in a long time

Those who spew shit anonymously about the victim is really no better than the Paki terrorists who killed her

what about those opportunist who milk on her death to publicise their own propaganda?? boygeorge, souza-shit, jaya etc etc?? :eek:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't expect much from shit-mouthed politicians

Whack them all you want

But please respect the departed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Dick Lee should sing an Elton John's version in her funeral.

Goodbye, Singapore orchid
May you ever grow in our hearts
You were the grace that placed itself
Where lives were torn apart
You called out to our country
And you whispered to those in pain
Now you belong to Heaven
And the stars spell out your name

And it seems to me
You lived your life like a candle in the wind
Never fading with the sunset
When the rain set in