• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Kiwibird: Registering as a nurse in NZ?

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment overseas nurse requirements.pdf

Hello Mr Kiwibird,

Not wanting to be spoonfed but how do i go about registering my practice? Do I:

(1.) take my ielts or oets first,
(2.) Get the SG nursing board to verify my registration and send them a copy first
(3.) Apply for skilled migrant category first
(4.) Unable to apply directly through employer now as not yet registered in NZ

I am in Christchurch for holidays in April...anything I can do there to help with my application?

Pippa Wong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Holyman

I think I am one of the very few Singaporean nurses who have settled down in NZ. In my whole career here I have only met one other ex-Singaporean. I have retired now, doing the housewife thing and only do some voluntary work.

Get in touch with the New Zealand Nursing Council, Google it. Find out how to register in NZ. Things may have changed since the time I registered here. it was some years bago.

Go to the SNB to get your cert verified. You may need to go to the SON to get some document, I have forgotten what it was.

Sit for your IELTS. You need a decent standard of english spoken here not
singlish, believe me it use to horrify the kiwis nurses esp when they see me switch from speaking english to them and using singlish on the phone to my husband.

Once you have your NZ registeration. Go online to job hunt. I did that in the early years of the Internet. Just surf and saw a job offer in the south island. My kids tell me there are websites like jobseek etc. I got a job in the South Island, worked here. I have no regrets making the move here. One thing which I can say is that i have much better job satisfaction in NZ. Patients, relatives and other Medical staff treat you with respect.

Hope you can find this useful, took an old auntie like me 2 days to work out how to write in. My husband always like to read this sit sammyboy he says it is the best kopi tiam talk cock.

Auntie SRN