• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP Indranee: It was meant to be a wayang for royal couple

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i hold a Singapore passport and the thought of my tax dollars being wasted on this bunch of Istana Leeches pisses me off big time. The President and his cronies are a bunch of spoilt brats and the sooner we get rid of them the better

Those are hardly leeches. They run the country extremely well and deserve every penny.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They may be nice people but monarchies in this day and age are irrelevant and obsessive fawning over princesses - what they eat, what they wear - is just tabloid gossip.

if there is no monarchy, there will be 34% Elected President. I would not bother over fawning too much on the princes' and princessses' lifestyle status. That is no difference from voyeuring over celebrities' daily life, be they singers or actresses or politicians and rich tycoons.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those are hardly leeches. They run the country extremely well and deserve every penny.

I agree the President should be paid British pennies which devalue every year when his key duty is to draw on the country's reserves and to spend taxpayer's money to watch Olympics Games and cut ribbons. Why is Nathan still sharing his duties?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak Sam, give chance can anot? if you were the head of state & the future king of britain & the future head of the commonwealth paid you a visit in your country, would you welcome them or dare you tell them to F off? I believe they're here to represent the queen in her diamond jubilee year but the real reason i suspect is for drumming up business to the UK economy, the royal tour is just the glitzy front end show or as you say Freak Show, but behind the scenes there'll be a trade delegation, such is the way the world operates these days. Same thing happens when LHL visits UK or the PM of Australia visits the UK, machiam photo opp in Downing Street, handshakes with the British PM & maybe go see the queen etc. but there's always a trade delegation behind the scenes which is the main drive & focus of the visit.

I think it's quite funny that royalty today are treated & used as eye candy in drawing the crowd in while the real business is being done quietly behind closed doors. Gone are the days when royalty sit on the throne & receive gifts, these days more likely they kena arrow by their politicians to do world tour to get more money, how their fortunes have turned :biggrin:

Through your explanation, i felt so enlightened. Thank you and i am bless not to be a Prince and Princess. Thank you i am a commoner on street. But then again, the prince and princess may have a dip in the cookie jar too. Hahah !

Balancemind

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hold a Singapore passport and the thought of my tax dollars being wasted on this bunch of Istana Leeches pisses me off big time. The President and his cronies are a bunch of spoilt brats and the sooner we get rid of them the better

Ha, Ha, Haaa. You have a choice to do what you want with those Leeches at least once in every 5-6 years but somehow they are still around. So whose fault is that? Sadly the Poms do not have that Option unless they want to go the way of the French in getting rid of their Royalty. :biggrin:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are absolutely correct. they should be paid more in fact.
The real leeches are those singkies who complain and lot, especially those who setal company time to post on this forum.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This type of staged shows happens every weekend when a MIW need to appear and to make some announcements, either in CC events, Bishan Park, or even when a MIW need to take MRT/bus to tell lesser mortals that these are not packed as complaint, or just to show they are 'one of us'!

Anyone think the loyals do not see through such 'events' trotted as 'every day lives' of lesser mortals ? They are not draft. Some of these loyals like his brother, went into real war to earn his stripes!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why is there a need to put on a show for a couple of irrelevant Poms in the first place? :rolleyes: British royalty mean nothing in today's world. They are nothing more than a freak show sustained for the benefit of tourism and to perform ceremonial tasks that nobody else wants to do.

The Brits should have taken a lead from the French and beheaded the lot of them when they had the chance. It would have saved the British tax payer a shit load of money.

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. another load of crap.
3. so much for damage control too.
4. poor comm & public relations.
5. will & kate visit is scheduled months ahead.
6. just do your own sum!
7. sheep's answers & materials just do not add up leh!

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done. I am proud that SG has shown that it is able to easily round up willing peasants to put up an entertaining monkey show for VIPs, just like in North Korea. Hope they all get a pat on the head, oops, I mean back, for a good job.

I am especially glad that they have coerced, ahem, encouraged innocent children to put up such a magnificent display.

Last edited:

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
558588_425065207529466_1422807355_n.jpg

Image by fabbyannt

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
..I heard the last time old man visited Tanjong Pagar, the RC people get the cleaners to wash the void deck and after that they cover the ground with plastic sheet. It was only uncover just before old man arrive. Wayang all the way!

i wonder if it was done out of respect or out of fear! those days the old man very fierce one, pity his little pink dragon is not quite the same.. or maybe that's better for all of us :rolleyes:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are absolutely correct. they should be paid more in fact.
The real leeches are those singkies who complain and lot, especially those who setal company time to post on this forum.

but its not stealing when its your job to post.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hold a British Passport and the thought of my tax dollars being wasted on this bunch of Royal losers pisses me off big time. The Royal family are a bunch of spoilt brats and the sooner we get rid of them the better.

Hypocrite!
If you don't agree totally on royalty, why are you still holding a British passport? You are worse than the PRC and Pinoy residents in Singapore - at least they love their new government.

Simply said, you don't deserve to be an adopted British subject.

Last edited: