• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP Baey Yam Keng urges Singaporeans to reflect ourselves after Sun Xu's comments

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He said in this incident,there's patriotism but warned not to jump to all conclusions that all foreign students are like that

He also added that we needed to reflect on ourselves, are we the way they described?

In today's tnp

Im sure if this comment gets strong negative reaction, he will say will misunderstood his comment.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pap dog jumped in to defend FT dog.
Endgame. Like I said, PAP thinks they can do anything they want and stuff it into the mouths of Singapore. The only people who need to reflect are the PAP. The only uncivilized people are the PAP. The minds of Singaporeans change today. There is now no return

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
One is a tax payer's fed dog & another is a dog groomed by tax payers' dog! They are of the same breed and of course they will be defending each other!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Baey Chebye is a PAP Dog..Thats why its Ok for him personally when the Bastard Ah Tiong claimed there are more dogs than Sinkies in Sinkapore.. Baey is a PAP Dog.. Sun Xu is a Commie Dog.. They can do Doggy on each other..

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
if we reflect.. would PRCs in sinkieland do the same?

kid-w-middle-finger.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One is a tax payer's fed dog & another is a dog groomed by tax payers' dog! They are of the same breed and of course they will be defending each other!

Woooo!, Wooooo!, woof!, woof!...from the same Kennel that breed them!:(

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tay Ping Hui: I take offence when an impertinent ingrate educated by SG taxes can turn around and call Singaporeans dogs.

403060_10150690965501383_14440041382_11230672_214143991_n.jpg

XiaoJuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi mr baey, can u pls tell ur colleagues to also reflect and speak properly so that they will not get misquoted... we learn from example de

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this site safe to access?

when u access it, surprisingly your email address and name appear which really is very puzzling. it's like you are being "tracked".

« TR Emeritus apologizes to Prime Minister Lee Hsien LoongYour view on whether MOE should revoke the scholarship of NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu »NUS PRC Sun Xu scholar apologizes to Singaporeans on Facebook
Posted by temasektimes on February 22, 2012

Embattled NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu has apologized to Singaporeans on his Facebook over his insensitive remarks on there ‘being more dogs than humans in Singapore,’ posted on his microblog ‘Weibo’ last Saturday.

In the same thread, Sun used the term “瘪三” to describe Singapore uncles, which is a derogatory word typically used in Shanghai to describe the underclass bums in the society. It means a person who is a tramp, bum, good-for-nothing fella, beggar, drifter, loafer, outcast, vagrant, destitute and worthless person.

When told by a fellow netizen not to be too fussy, he replied:

“Bunch of 挫逼. My temper these days is already a lot better.”

“挫逼” is a derogatory word commonly used in mainland China for cursing people, an equivalent of the Hokkien phrase ‘CCB’ used as a vulgarity in Singapore.

Sun’s arrogance and callousness sparked a massive outcry among Singaporeans with MediaCorp actor Tay Ping Hui calling him an ‘impertinent ingrate’ on his Twitter. He is reportedly under police investigation for allegedly ‘criminally intimidating’ a Singaporean on his microblog.

In an interview with a Chinese tabloid two days ago, Sun said nonchalantly that he was only ‘complaining’:

“I am only complaining. It is just a small matter and I do not want to blow it up. Anyway, I have already deleted the comment.”

However, faced with growing pressure from all quarters including his university, Sun finally capitulated and issued a public apology on his Facebook yesterday:

In the short statement written in both English and Chinese, Sun wrote:

“I am very sorry for the statement that I had made on my blog on 18 February 2012, which I now realize was insensitive and inappropriate. Please accept my sincere apologies.”

According to information posted on his linkedin account before it was taken down, Sun Xu came to study in Singapore in 2006 on a MOE scholarship for students from China.

After graduating from Raffles Junior College in 2008, he went on to study Mechanical Engineering at NUS, also on an undergraduate scholarship provided for by the Singapore government. He is currently on attachment at Schlumberger, an international oilfield services company and is expected to graduate this year.

During a parliamentary session this week, it was revealed that the Singapore government spends some $36 million dollars on scholarships to over two thousand students each year, or about S$174,00 per scholar.

Foreign scholars like Sun Xu at NUS and other Singapore universities have their tuition fees and living expenses all covered by their scholarships. They are also guaranteed a well-paying job upon graduation as part of their bond and the men are exempted from National Service unlike male Singapore citizens who are burdened with a hefty tuition loan and rendered uncompetitive in the job market by their mandatory reservist obligations such as IPPT and in-camp training.

NEXT >> How did NUS respond to the saga? What did our MPs say about it? Find out more on The Temasek Times as we prepare you a series of articles in the day ahead.

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2...holar-apologizes-to-singaporeans-on-facebook/

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Baey lives in a 4 storey house in Sgn Gdn. This Ah Tiong perhaps live in a big house in China. We should all reflect on that.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: is this site safe to access?

Why is he being forced to apologise for telling the truth about Singaporeans?

The 40% call the 60% who voted for the PAP "Pappy DOGS" on a daily basis. Shouldn't they be forced to apologise too?

And what about referring to our dedicated and honorable police force personnel as "poodles"? Isn't a Poodle a DOG so what's the difference?

Sinkies keep complaining about different rules for different people but they have no qualms about adopting the same practice themselves.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is very interesting. his scholarship is funded by gov which probably are from taxes fr sgporeans which means to say sgp pays him to humiliate the citizens.

another aspect could be our education system is a disaster. it can churn out top brains but sadly with a heart missing. Top in IQ but zero in EQ. later such kind of FT would be automatically be upgraded to sg citizen to rule over us.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said in this incident,there's patriotism but warned not to jump to all conclusions that all foreign students are like that

He also added that we needed to reflect on ourselves, are we the way they described?

In today's tnp

Im sure if this comment gets strong negative reaction, he will say will misunderstood his comment.

better replace baey with his buddy tay ping hui.

Celebrity Tay Ping Hui scolds NUS PRC scholar Sun Xu: You are an impertinent ingrate!
Posted by temasektimes on February 21, 2012

While NUS continues to act blur on its PRC scholar Sun Xu’s insensitive remarks made on his microblog ‘Weibo’, more and more Singaporeans are stepping forward to condemn him, including Young PAP member and celebrity Tay Ping Hui.

A final year student in Mechanical Engineering at the National University of Singapore, Sun sparked a massive outcry among Singaporeans with his offensive remarks on there “being more dogs than humans in Singapore.”

When asked about the controversy by a Chinese tabloid, Sun replied nonchalantly without offering a public apology or showing any signs of remorse:

“I am only complaining. It is just a small matter and I do not want to blow it up. Anyway, I have already deleted the comment.”

In his tweet this morning, Tay Ping Hui wrote:

“I take offence when an impertinent ingrate educated by SG taxes can turn around and call Singaporeans dogs.”

According to information posted on his linkedin account before it was taken down, Sun Xu came to study in Singapore in 2006 on a MOE scholarship for students from China.

After graduating from Raffles Junior College in 2008, he went on to study Mechanical Engineering at NUS, also on an undergraduate scholarship provided for by the Singapore government. He is currently on attachment at Schlumberger, an international oilfield services company and is expected to graduate this year.

During a parliamentary session this week, it was revealed that the Singapore government spends some $36 million dollars on scholarships to over two thousand students each year, or about S$174,00 per scholar.

Foreign scholars like Sun Xu at NUS and other Singapore universities have their tuition fees and living expenses all covered by their scholarships. They are also guaranteed a well-paying job upon graduation as part of their bond and the men are exempted from National Service unlike male Singapore citizens who are burdened with a hefty tuition loan and rendered uncompetitive in the job market by their mandatory reservist obligations such as IPPT and in-camp training.

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2...cholar-sun-xu-you-are-an-impertinent-ingrate/

Last edited:

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why is he being forced to apologise for telling the truth about Singaporeans?

The 40% call the 60% who voted for the PAP "Pappy DOGS" on a daily basis. Shouldn't they be forced to apologise too?

And what about referring to our dedicated and honorable police force personnel as "poodles"? Isn't a Poodle a DOG so what's the difference?

Sinkies keep complaining about different rules for different people but they have no qualms about adopting the same practice themselves.

Cos nowadays, if Singaporean kills a dog, we need to make police report.
If not, kana lawyer letter and be sued. :biggrin:

S

Summer

/

Anyone know the real hard truth

why MM Lee kick him out of

T P at the last minute ?

Lets reflect on which company

( origin ) this chap is working for !!!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

In today's tnp

PRC scold Sinkies dogs, but Sinkies must reflect on themselves. This is classic.