• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moyles wants Fabregas to re-unite with RVP at MU for 26mil sterling

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United last night triggered a battle with Arsenal for the signature of Cesc Fabregas after making a £26m bid for the Barcelona midfielder.

United – yet to make a major signing under new manager David Moyes – submitted a formal offer to the Spanish champions on Sunday.

Moyes has identified the 26–year-old as the creative player he wants to solve the attacking weaknesses some pundits think prevented United going further in the Champions League last season.

Having decided not to pursue initial interest in Luka Modric of Real Madrid and having pulled out of the contest with Bayern Munich to sign Fabregas’s team-mate Thiago Alcantara, United have now set their sights on luring the Spaniard back to the Barclays Premier League just two years after he left Arsenal for the Nou Camp.

It is understood that Moyes has also got his former Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini in his sights as a reserve option if he can’t persuade Barcelona to sell Fabregas. However, United are serious about Fabregas and will increase their bid up and beyond £30m if they feel that is what it takes.

Arsenal have first refusal with Barcelona on Fabregas, an agreement that was struck when they sold him. However, that will only work in the London club’s favour if Fabregas decides he wants to return to the Emirates rather than switch to Old Trafford.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ke-26m-offer-Cesc-Fabregas.html#ixzz2Z7ncLyYh

Last edited:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to what I read, the details of the deal between Arsenal and Barcelona are this.

1. Arsenal gets first right of refusal at 25m
2. If Cesc wants to go elsewhere, Arsenal and Barcelona split 50-50. So why would Barca sell to ManU and collect only $13 when they can pass Cesc on to Arsenal for 25m
3. If ManU really wants Cesc, they would have to put up 50m to meet Arsenal's 25m meaning that Arsenal will get 25m to pay for Rooney!

holy crap. Is MOyes that dumb! He is making a fool of himself chasing after Thiago and now Cesc.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moyes should get more players for 30m...........

can get........Joe Allen, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing..........maybe Liverpool will throw in Fabio Borini also...........help Liverpool clear dead stock mah.......

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to what I read, the details of the deal between Arsenal and Barcelona are this.

1. Arsenal gets first right of refusal at 25m
2. If Cesc wants to go elsewhere, Arsenal and Barcelona split 50-50. So why would Barca sell to ManU and collect only $13 when they can pass Cesc on to Arsenal for 25m
3. If ManU really wants Cesc, they would have to put up 50m to meet Arsenal's 25m meaning that Arsenal will get 25m to pay for Rooney!

holy crap. Is MOyes that dumb! He is making a fool of himself chasing after Thiago and now Cesc.

Barca has done a lot of silly deals in the past but I doubt they will sell Cesc to Arse or Man. U. Xavi is not likely to see many more games and Cesc will get a lot of play time. Why would Cesc even harbor any thoughts of leaving? As for Man U, they have a 'new' team-backroom boys to CEO. Moyes has a short list of players that he needs. Where the deals are concerned, it is entirely up to the CEO and his team. I expect more deals and U turns to be done as the new season draws closer.

All the clubs are holding their cards close to their chest. The smartest club so far that has closed most of their deals has to be Monaco. They caught everyone off guard. Well done Monaco!!!

jw5

Loyal
Moyes should get more players for 30m...........

can get........Joe Allen, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing..........maybe Liverpool will throw in Fabio Borini also...........help Liverpool clear dead stock mah.......

trying to sabo isit, nabez...........................

jw5

Loyal
Cesc ain't going to Man Utd lah. LOL.
He will stay at Barcelona or even if he leaves, go back to Arsenal.
At the moment, Moyes is simply acting like a wide-eyed mouse fascinated to be at Man Utd.

Hamsik

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Moyes reveals Manchester United have money to spend on 'the best players around'

295473_heroa.jpg

By Tom Etherington57
Jul 14, 2013 12:54:00 PM

The 50-year-old says he is only interested in bringing the world-class talent to Old Trafford this summer after the United board informed him that there are no budget constraints

David Moyes has revealed Manchester United have transfer funds available to sign the "best players" around this summer.

The former Everton boss was named Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor in May and a host of big names have since been linked with moves to Old Trafford.

After seeing his first game at the United helm end in a 1-0 defeat to the Singha All-Stars in Thailand on Saturday, Moyes revealed he is looking to bring in some new faces.

"Isn't it great that the club says, 'There's no budget here, you go get who you want to get, just go and do it'," he told reporters.

"We are looking at the best players. I do think it's important that we show people we are carrying on the traditions and trying to take the club forward."

MOYES TIGHT-LIPPED ON RONALDO

And when asked if those "best players" include Tottenham’s Gareth Bale and former Red Devils star Cristiano Ronaldo, Moyes was tight-lipped on his targets.

"I will not name anybody, but certainly we are always looking at the best players," he added. "I think we are trying to strengthen in a couple of areas. We are short in midfield.

"We are also a club which tends to invest in the youth side, so you can expect us to go for players in that age group.

"We are working hard to make sure the first signing is the right one. I have been left a really good team and I want to add to it sensibly."

The 50-year-old also admitted that while taking over the Old Trafford reins from Sir Alex is no easy task, he sees no reason why the club should alter their targets for the season.

"Our objectives for the season ahead are no different from what any Manchester United objectives would be - to win as many trophies as possible," the Scot continued.

"It's my first season as manager of Manchester United. I'm following probably the finest football manager that's ever lived. If I could even win a quarter of what he won I've done very well.

"The first thing I've got to do is settle in to the job, get to know everybody and find my own way around. Everyone at the club has been making that as easier as possible for me, the players especially have been terrific."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cesc ain't going to Man Utd lah. LOL.
He will stay at Barcelona or even if he leaves, go back to Arsenal.
At the moment, Moyes is simply acting like a wide-eyed mouse fascinated to be at Man Utd.

He's still in cloud nine. If he chooses to distance himself from transfer negotiations, he's in for a rude shock. My guess is if he cannot get the top tier players, he'll raid his former club for the players that he needs. Its a farking joke really!!!:mad:

He should thank his lucky stars that Fergie got Zaha in before anyone else. If the old fart were still around, he would leave the pre season games to his assistants and get personally involved in the transfer of the players that he needs. Just do it Moyes!!!!