• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motor Gangs Of The Past

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Sia boy racers race their cars along orchard.
Bikes race at a host of other venues.

Basically anywhere there is space, people will race. Orchard Road was popular because it wasn't ulu (like Admiralty Road, Upper Serangoon circuit), but mainly because there were lots of onlookers. Among the riders I knew then, the "circuit" starts at Dhoby Ghaut towards Bras Basah at the traffic lights next to Cathay Cinema, Right into that road that leads to Fort Canning and then Right again towards Penang Lane, the "S" bend is where most onlookers would gather and the two bends are the most exciting for the riders. After Supreme House, Right into the road that goes to Orchard Road, then back down to Dhoby Ghaut for the next lap, red lights are ignored. If cops were to appear, there were lots of getaway routes to take. It was really fun and exciting then, Street legal bikes, ridden by ordinary blokes, something everyone can associate with. Got the balls, feel like racing, just do it.

Cheers!

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think yong zhe is from 18XDH, ye you ren is TYT and AST cupped together.

and yes, motor siao only talk about logo. can have all types of gangs inside. but, i think, at the peak or the wane, many smaller groups consist of one-colour-gang came out.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thunder bird from ghk. yamaha pirates was very very big. thought they were from skt. the biggest group in mid 90s was meng jiang from sgh.

10 years back one Meng Jiang chap out of fun cursed a group of Mats at the Jurong Bowling Ctr.. The chap was with his fellow gang members..He and his friends then tried to flee by starting their bikes.. But he kena a cruel twist of fate..

His bike failed to to start on time while his friends already fled the scene with their bikes.. Offended Mats then ran at him and whacked him to death.. The Mats were were caught and sentenced for manslaughter.. Think they were released few years ago..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 years back one Meng Jiang chap out of fun cursed a group of Mats at the Jurong Bowling Ctr.. The chap was with his fellow gang members..He and his friends then tried to flee by starting their bikes.. But he kena a cruel twist of fate..

His bike failed to to start on time while his friends already fled the scene with their bikes.. Offended Mats then ran at him and whacked him to death.. The Mats were were caught and sentenced for manslaughter.. Think they were released few years ago..

Fucking stupid sia he wasn't alone so why did they flee?

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal

i thought Meng Jiang were banned and disbanded in the mid 90s.. they came out another logo like Yi Shen or something.
Jurong Super Bowl was once an area of 21 TMK..small group but pretty strong.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought Meng Jiang were banned and disbanded in the mid 90s.. they came out another logo like Yi Shen or something.
Jurong Super Bowl was once an area of 21 TMK..small group but pretty strong.

It's the other way round....
Yi ba huo came first then banned then yi shen then Meng Jiang....Meng Jiang was the last name change but also eventually banned. Meng Jiang was known as 18 Meng Jiang....not sure if SS connection there.

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the other way round....
Yi ba huo came first then banned then yi shen then Meng Jiang....Meng Jiang was the last name change but also eventually banned. Meng Jiang was known as 18 Meng Jiang....not sure if SS connection there.

i see, thanks for the update.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think groups like Hell's Angels started out as a group of enthusiasts who wanted freedom. When the group grew, a certain segment wanted money and they started peddling drugs and engaged in robbery

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
why do western biker gangs like to collect badges? akin to boy scouts?

I think the reason could be that these gangs started of (and are still considered by their members) as "Clubs." First, in order to become a full-fledged member, one has to be accepted by all other memebers and initiated by some rituals on order to wear their "Colours." From then on certain acts of bravado or acts carried out by the member wins them a badge, for example to don the "Red Wings", a Hell's Angel member has to have sex with a menstruating female witnessed by a few other members of the gang. 1% emblem symbolises the outlaw status (non-recognition by the AMA - American Motocycle Association). These practices started long ago (post WW2) and caarried on well into the sixties. Since then, the game has changed and I heard that in order to be accepted, one has to carry out criminal activity that gains or strengthens the gang's control of drugs, prostitutes or weapons. Although they still insist that they are "Motorcycle Clubs," the police have reclassified them as criminal organisations. Say what we like, but I think the Hell's Angels wrote the book on the basic dress code for Harley riders - example is the Harley Owner Group - who dress like these outlaw gangs but on weekdays may be successful executives in white collar professions; they don all kinds of badges when riding their bikes.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think groups like Hell's Angels started out as a group of enthusiasts who wanted freedom. When the group grew, a certain segment wanted money and they started peddling drugs and engaged in robbery

You are right. The Hell's Angels (HA) were formed by ex-WW2 veterans who needed more adrenalin flow for excitement than the ordinary guy in the street (whom they termed "straight citizen") and what better way than on two-wheels. The "tough-guy" image was enhanced by the move "The Wild Ones" and when the movie came on the screen, all kinds of motorcycle gangs came into being. It created such a bad name for motorcyclists that Honda came up with the phrase "You'll meet the nicest people on a Honda" to sell its bikes in the USA. The shift into organized crime came into being in the sixties when recreational drugs came into mainstream society in USA and the HA were the best group to run the buisness, quick mobility, and "no brother will have to fight alone" put them in a good position. Well, money talks and soon chapters grew all over the world and they soon liaised with other criminal gangs to sell drugs. Today, they are a well-oiled organization, networked, well-equipped, well-financed to do the business. Those in high positions, although they might own a Harley, might be driving Corvettes and BMWs instead. But for a real story of a real biker, try to get hold of the book, "Hells Angel - the life and times of Sonny Barger." This was the man that registered the Hell's Angels logo and name under him. Now retired and living in Arizona, said the rode Harleys only because of image, he actually said he preferred Honda Gold Wings and BMW motorcycles. I read too that today he rides a Victory motorbike (new brand of yankee two-wheeler).

Cheers!