• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Motor Gangs Of The Past

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those were the days when u walk on the road n suddenly u can hear motorcycles ramming their accelerator with rythem and when u turn your head around, wow.... TZR, K, etc... all modify till like "BIRDs" and even the helmets with beautiful logos!!!

Any one of you are Motor Siao before.... I remember one guy called "Lo Mua" from West Coast. Heard he was from 24 Hai Kim... Good Skills

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were motorcycle enthusiasts who had close friends and rode together back during the seventies (and eighties?). Gangs? In organized crime or outlaw activity? No. Definitely not here in Peesai.

Cheers!

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those were the days when u walk on the road n suddenly u can hear motorcycles ramming their accelerator with rythem and when u turn your head around, wow.... TZR, K, etc... all modify till like "BIRDs" and even the helmets with beautiful logos!!!

Any one of you are Motor Siao before.... I remember one guy called "Lo Mua" from West Coast. Heard he was from 24 Hai Kim... Good Skills

never heard before and the moto group from west coast is very small unlike jurong east thunder bird.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yamaha was one old motor siao in the past:biggrin:
Friday night or holiday eve always race at tuas for name and $....18 lamp post :biggrin:

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so are these motor gangs an offshoot of the SS or are they just a bunch of pai kias that happen to ride bikes.

Anyway you could just gather a bunch of frens together and give yourselves a name.

No_Collar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yamaha Pirate was form by 08 Hai Lok San gang... not sure about Thunderbird and Dracula. These three were the most notorious motor siao group back in the days.. maybe bro Goldendragon can confirmed....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yamaha Pirate was form by 08 Hai Lok San gang... not sure about Thunderbird and Dracula. These three were the most notorious motor siao group back in the days.. maybe bro Goldendragon can confirmed....

Sorry bro. Not familiar with this subject matter.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nuts man trying to remember all the gang names is tough enough now you have to remember motorsiao gangs that have their own special names.

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
never heard before and the moto group from west coast is very small unlike jurong east thunder bird.
What i understood was, motor siao formed a group themselves n dun talk about which number they come from....

eg; 雷鸟 (ThunderBird) can have different ppl from different number in the group

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thunder bird at jurong east and yahama from jurong west dont get along,always problems:biggrin:

magical

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I use to ride with sheng fong in late 80's, it was a chap pa lang gang. I dun get involved in their fights or settlement talks. Just ride on fridays and saturdays to east coast last carpark and sometimes to choa chu kang.

D

Deleted member 80916

was Thunder Mah, the mechanic,..part of this gang ?
What's the history of Team 27 - Peter Poh ? <-are they stil gangsters ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What i understood was, motor siao formed a group themselves n dun talk about which number they come from....

eg; 雷鸟 (ThunderBird) can have different ppl from different number in the group

Motor gangs machiam prison....it's UN with all logos.
But likely the origins, leader, founders etc associated with a certain SS thus branded as such....those big motor gangs got so many members....impossible to be all same logos.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
so are these motor gangs an offshoot of the SS or are they just a bunch of pai kias that happen to ride bikes.

Anyway you could just gather a bunch of frens together and give yourselves a name.

Well, in the seventies the media used the word "Hell Riders" to describe motorcycle groups. Sounds like a terrifying name to depict a group of teenagers who got together on their scooters and cubs on weekend outings. Most of them were army camp friends, schoolboys (like me), some mechanics and ordinary blokes who held regular jobs on weekdays who enjoyed the freedom of mobility during their leisure hours. As far as I remember, we rode spiritedly, take corners as fast as our skills (or hotheadedness) will allow, and those who had some money would ride the sport models. There was no gangland activity, harassment of straight citizens, deliberate vandalism, or gang wars (unlike the Hell's Angels, Outlaws, Pagans, Mongols, Rebels in the West). Some of them might have given themselves names (don't know any that were famous) but it was mostly very tame activity (like drop in to barbecue parties along East Coast, or visit other friends fishing at Tampines Pond), or simply going to midnite movies and hangout at sarabat stalls. Obviously there was some racing among the members, which is natural. Basically, it was just youthful good times in an industrial society, and the main enemy were the Traffic Police.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
well sg in those days was very anal ppl with long hair would get served last how fucked up was that?

Singapore was (and still is) doing extremely well. Jobs aplenty. However while I was growing up, it seems everything that I liked, the authorities made it crappy for us. You cited the example of males with long hair - damn! It was just a trend and they made us outcasts! Fucking VC confiscated my skateboard at East Coast - (reason? Because he could!) They also banned full-face helmets the time I rode motorcycles. Took away our Sg flag when we waved it to support the national team. Fucking buying ganja was a harrowing experience, start to suspect that everyone around me was a narco. For these reasons, I hated them. How anyone would carry the balls of such foul people just dumbfounds me.

But life goes on...............

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I only read about people racing in the Orchard Rd area in the wee hours. There was never any mention of ties to gangs or secret societies