• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mother murdered daughter, no money for food

Ferragamo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Crime/Story/A1Story20090320-129989.html

Teen told boyfriend she was worried about mum

The teenager who was found dead at her home in Woodlands in the wee hours of Thursday has been described by friends as a "good girl" and fillial daughter", according to a report in Wanbao.

In order to help her mother pay for her medication to help put food on the table, the girl often worked at a fast-food restaurant during the holidays.

14-year-old Eunice Chew Li Xin is alleged to have been stabbed by her 51-year-old mother, Goh Hai Eng.

Friends of the Pei Cai secondary school student told reporters from the Chinese paper that they knew the victim's family was not well-to-do.

Mum had not eaten for four days before incident

A day before the incident, Eunice had told her 16-year-old boyfriend, Valentino Tan, that her mother had not eaten for four days. The girl also told him that she did not have money to buy food back for her mother.

The boy told reporters that on Wednesday, the both of them and a group of friends had gone to Changi airport for a dance event, before gathering back at his home.

At the time, Eunice expressed her worry about her mother.

He said: "She told me she had spent all her money, but was too embarrassed to borrow from us. In the end when she went home, she didn't have money to buy food for her mother."

The boy, who also got to know the girl while working at the fast food restaurant, said he would frequently treat her to meals as he knew about her family background.

"That night, I sent her to the MRT at about 10pm. She messaged me an hour later to wish me goodnight. That was the last time I heard from her..."

Teen was once threatened with a knife

Another friend of Eunice revealed to reporters from Wanbao that the girl had complained to her several times that someone was threatening to kill her with a knife.

She said the teen was so scared by the threats that she ended up staying at her home for 5 days.

The two got to know each other when they were working together at a fast-food restaurant and became good friends.

The friend said: "Although my father was sympathetic towards her situation, he felt it wasn't appropriate for her to continue living here, and persuaded her to return home."

Family background "complicated"

According to a 16-year-old friend of Eunice who called the Wanbao hotline, the girl's family background was "complicated".

Eunice's parents had divorced 3 years ago.

Due to her mother's mental illness, Goh was unable to work, and the family relied on Eunice's elder sister's meagre salary from working at a petrol station to make ends meet.

"In order to lighten her sister's burden, she would work at a fast-food restaurant during the holidays, and would use the money to pay for her mother's medication and food," said the friend, who also commented that the relationship between mother and daughter was "close".

It was reported in Wanbao that Eunice lived together with her mother, sister as well as her sister's few-month-old baby girl.

On occasions when her sister was busy with work, the teen would assume the role as "head of the household" - doing the household chores, as well as looking after her mother and baby niece.

When interviewed by Wanbao's reporters, a good friend from the same school as the teen described the teen as an easy-going person, someone who did not look like she had any troubles.

A group of them who were close to Eunice were devastated by the news of her death. Said her friend :"We were very sad and we all cried when we found out about it."

Ferragamo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read the above article in great anger. So much talk about raising GST to help the poor, and here is a family that does not have money to eat!

A 14 yr old girl has to work while studying to feed the whole family.

In the end she is murdered by the mother who was mentally ill, made worse by the additional stress of not eating for 4 days

I mean come on for fucks sake

stop fucking around and paying your CDC staff 8 months bonus, when there is still cases like that in our neighbourhood
If you have to 'reward' yourselves, at least fucking well do your jobs properly

I am typing this in fury

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Damn, i am really saddened by this, it shouldn't have happen, i wished she had confided in the staff in school or went for help. Times are really bad now, people are really stressed out and all some folks do are to look at their bonuses.

Its kind of like AIG being bailed out and then giving the 73 employees bonuses.
Instead of being enraged like Obama, here we get excuses and justification.

Lame and sad state of affairs.:(

May her soul rest in peace, only 14.

screwdriver181

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read the above article in great anger. So much talk about raising GST to help the poor, and here is a family that does not have money to eat!

In the end she is murdered by the mother who was mentally ill, made worse by the additional stress of not eating for 4 days

stop fucking around and paying your CDC staff 8 months bonus, when there is still cases like that in our neighbourhood

I am typing this in fury

I dont see the moral in humans. Prehaps this recession is giving people a hard time to think straight.

ahsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
“But nobody will be destitute, depending on soup kitchens or begging in the streets. Everyone has a home…"

Lee Kwan Yew

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“But nobody will be destitute, depending on soup kitchens or begging in the streets. Everyone has a home…"

Lee Kwan Yew

Isn't that clear?? :

But "nobody" will be destitute, depending on soup kitchens or begging in the streets. Everyone has a home…

eErotica69696969696969

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am typing this in fury

I know where you are coming from.

In a developed country, she just has walk to the Welfare Office and state her case. No need to hide and beg the arseholes in CDC earning 8 mths bonus for help.

What the hell is the school doing?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is very sad indeed.
It will be sadder still if Eunice's family,relatives,friends.schoolmates,and all those moved by her plight do not ask why this is allowed to happen in a country where the ministers are the highest paid in the world and Perm Sec's fly their whole family to France to learn cooking as holidays.
WE must do the right thing and not let her death be in vain- exercise your votes wisely in the next election.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
My heart really bleeds for them. How many more such incidents before tthe MIWs admit thier mistakes. Knn "Puah Chee Byes"

Do u clowns know what your GRASSLOOTS are doing. DO YOU?

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
My heart really bleeds for them. How many more such incidents before tthe MIWs admit thier mistakes. Knn "Puah Chee Byes"

Do u clowns know what your GRASSLOOTS are doing. DO YOU?

This might be the tip of the iceberg...and many will be go unreported.
Really a sad news....to hear ppl go hunger.

:( :o :(

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://wayangparty.com/?p=6685

CDC 8 month bonus: Uncle screwed CDC staff for “doing nothing”!!

March 20, 2009 by admin
Filed under Top Story

Leave a comment

Prologue:
An outcry erupted in cyberspace last week over rumors that staff of Northwest CDC received 8 months of bonuses in 2008.
Neither the People’s Association or its mayor Dr Teo Ho Pin confirm or deny the rumors when interviewed. Both Dr Teo Ho Pin and Mr Lim Boon Heng defended the bonuses as “fair” and “reasonable”. What do Singaporeans on the ground think?
Video produced by The E

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
th_front-hoching.jpg
th_jt4aj5.gif
th_php8CE9ht.jpg

No Regret Losing $260B, but Not 1 Cent More for the People!

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too, I have mental disorder too, includes Schizophrenia, Delusional disorder, yet the IMH could not detect it.

I always heard voices, My retrenchment was due to the FT, I hate them.

I always carried 2 eight 8" blades with blood groove in my back pack all the while during my wondering around in singapore.

You FT don't try to be funny with me, especially in the Buses and MRT

hemunkeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many Families in Singapore that are straining to make ends meet. Many don't
know how to seek help. The MPs cannot just sit and wait at the MPS for cases to turn up
they should get their butt out there to help. So much for our highly vaulted grassroots.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This might be the tip of the iceberg...and many will be go unreported.
Really a sad news....to hear ppl go hunger.

:( :o :(
If the story told by the bf is trus...then this is REAl TRAGIC event...I suggest

1] as this recession shall last 2 to 3 years...the social welfare dept should make a short advert on TV and radio that anybody in desperate need of help can call to a tel no...WE MUST ACT AND HELP THE DESPERATELY DEPRIVED ...befor more of such tragedy happens..
2] form a civil group of volunteers to call on all available social welfare organisation to send leflet to all low income housing estate ..telling anyone in desperate help can contact a list of social welfare organisation that they cal get help......

IMMEDIATE ACTION NEED...hope more people to start to act...
SUCH TRADEDY MAKE HEART BLEEDS!!!!!!!.lets pray also for the poor victims...

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]I feel totally heartbroken for this girl. And also her mother/ older sister, who are also innocent (mother is already mentally ill; plus hunger messed her mind up).

Why can't PAP/CockDickCunt forego just one fucking month of their holy bonus and give it to people who are so desperately needy? What is the fuck wrong with them? I know they are cold hearted and greedy and incompetent. But doesn't cold heart and greed and incompetence have a limit?

To the fucking CCB 66.6%: you fuckers better wake up your idea! Vote this kind of people into power, may as well vote Dracula, Hitler, Stalin also. CCB!@[/COLOR]