• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mother and son nabbed

R y u

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday January 20, 2011

Mother and son nabbed

KOTA BARU: A man, believed to be a drug trafficker, was arrested to_gether with his 59-year-old mother when 3,800 pil kuda (methamphetamine pills) with a street value of RM76,000 were found in their house at Wakaf Baru, Tumpat on Tuesday.

State Deputy Police chief SAC I Mazlan Lazim said the 30-year-old man and the woman were arrested after an anti-narcotics police team led by Insp Boon Sern Boon from the Tumpat district police station raided the house at about 6.30pm following a public tip-off.

The man is believed to have trafficked in the pills for the past six months. “Both suspects, who have no criminal record and tested negative for drugs, have been remanded until Jan 25 to facilitate investigations,” SAC I Mazlan told reporters at a press conference at the state police contingent here on Tuesday.

Both suspects were investigated under Section 39(B) of the Dangerous Drugs Act, which carries a mandatory death sentence upon conviction.

In another case, SAC I Mazlan said police arrested two men aged 37 and 38 years and a 19-year-old woman in a house at Kampung Cherang on Jan 13 and seized a pistol and seven rounds of bullets.

He said the suspects could shed light on a shooting case at Wakaf Baru, Tumpat on Dec 24 last year and another case of causing hurt at Pantai Cinta Bulan here on Dec 25. One of the suspects, he added, had led police to the pistol and bullets hidden in some bushes at Kampung Pulau Kapas, Kubang Kerian last Saturday.

SAC I Mazlan also appealed to the public to provide information on the theft of a RM580,000 BMW sports utility vehicle bearing registration number PCT 15 belonging to a managing director of a beach resort last Tuesday.

He said the 60-year-old woman went to a hotel and handed her car keys to the valet. But three hours later, when she asked for her car, the valet said he gave the car keys to a man claiming to be the woman’s relative.

The suspect is believed to be 168cm tall and aged between 30 and 45 years.