• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most irritating language - bahasa indo ... most irritating FT - angmo

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal

1) roll tongue mandarin
2) hindi/urdu (can't freaking tell the diffn & don't care ... tamil i recognise)
3) tagalog

... think im getting used to the above ... :(

now finding 4) bahasa indo to be damn irritating :mad: esp if spoken by ah sia kia chinese indonesian ... they look like locals ... hk/taiwan/mainlanders do not look like locals ...knn open the mouth nia bahasa indo come pouring out ... it sounds like someone is firing a machine gun, the rolled Rrrr's are really annoying esp if the speaker is standing near u and speaking rapid fire bahasa indo ... eg. berrrrsatu ... merrrrdeka ... errr !

i don't find local malay annoying but with bahasa indo, feel like slapping the ah sia kia face as he's pronouncing his rrrr's ... :mad: :p

most irritating FT is angmo ... they live in places with land & resources & generous govt ... why in god's name want come to singabloodypore ? unless they're from russia/east europe then i lump them with india/china ... but coming from a beautiful land like NZ/canada/ireland and then going online to complain abt crowded mrt, tissue pack choping ... is pushing it a bit too far ...

esp if they're not on expat package ... why come here ?

bet they're criminals on the run from back home ... come here to hide from the law !

if they live like colonials, fine with me, they're not fighting with me for the same things ... knn take public transport & eat at food centre ? go home lah, get out of my fed-up uncaring face ! its too crowded here to fit in angmos ...

im picking on these two (indo & westerner) bcos not enuff brickbats have been thrown at them ... those from china/india kena cursed all the time already ... :cool:

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal

1) roll tongue mandarin
2) hindi/urdu (can't freaking tell the diffn & don't care ... tamil i recognise)
3) tagalog

:

what you think mandarin is tongue rolling but tamil is ok? even funnier when tamils speak and roll their head sideways at the same time.

hindi and urdu are very similar both northern indian languages urdu has more persian words added to it as it was spoken by the muslim/mogul ruling class which original came from persia/afghanistan

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal

most irritating FT is angmo ... they live in places with land & resources & generous govt ... why in god's name want come to singabloodypore ? unless they're from russia/east europe then i lump them with india/china ... but coming from a beautiful land like NZ/canada/ireland and then going online to complain abt crowded mrt, tissue pack choping ... is pushing it a bit too far ...

bet they're criminals on the run from back home ... come here to hide from the law !

if they live like colonials, fine with me, they're not fighting with me for the same things ... knn take public transport & eat at food centre ? go home lah, get out of my fed-up uncaring face ! its too crowded here to fit in angmos ...

:

ft from western countries come to Singapore because the economy of Singapore is dominated by either GLC or foreign mnc who prefers to hire foreigners. i am from Canada ad worked in Singapore for 10+ years before leaving. i took the mrt because only a fool would pay so much for a car and the bus system and taxi are so lousy. i ate at hawker stalls because i prefer it to McD. but we did not compete for the same jobs, i am an expat and paid well to work there. personally i hated Singapore as the locals are so classless and rude, other countries like Malaysia or Taiwan or Thailand the people there are so much nicer.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi jojostar

u completely miss the point of my letter ... so much for GLCs hiring foreign TALENT ... and theres no need to sound so defensive ...

look, i don't care for the reason u take public transport or eat at foodcourts ... my point is - there are not enough freaking seats in the foodcourt thats why ppl have to chope seats with tissue packets ... yes, the govt & GLCs are to blame ... for not getting infrastructure in order b4 opening the floodgates to ppl like u ... why do u think we cruse & swear & bash the govt on here all day long ?

s'pore is a 'not enough' country - not enuff good schools, not enuff affordable homes, not enuff buses/MRT, freaking not enuff seats in foodcourt during lunch/dinner time ... if the whites/westerners were dining at raffles tiffin room or being chauffered around in their rolls-royce, that would get them off our faces ... but knn - they're competing with us for infrastructure & services - not enuff MIO technicians, not enuff ppl manning hotlines of telco ... and the list goes on ...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats wrong with rolled tongue mandarin? I do that all the time to make others think I'm not a sinkie. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
I don't know why, but I find northern slang mandarin extremely irritating, especially when spoken loudly in enclosed spaces like the packed cabin of an mrt train.
I always feel like telling them to lower their voices. (and I sometimes do.)

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know why, but I find northern slang mandarin extremely irritating, especially when spoken loudly in enclosed spaces like the packed cabin of an mrt train.
I always feel like telling them to lower their voices. (and I sometimes do.)

And the northerners finds our Singlish irritating with the lah, loh, meh, weh, as well.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
vietnamese followed closely by singlish, then cantonese with the toishan tongue torture, when spoken loudly in a crowded space. annoying.

JustLikeU

Alfrescian
Loyal

1) roll tongue mandarin
3) tagalog

now finding 4) bahasa indo to be damn irritating :mad: esp if spoken by ah sia kia chinese indonesian ... they look like locals ... hk/taiwan/mainlanders do not look like locals ...knn open the mouth nia bahasa indo come pouring out ... it sounds like someone is firing a machine gun, the rolled Rrrr's are really annoying esp if the speaker is standing near u and speaking rapid fire bahasa indo ... eg. berrrrsatu ... merrrrdeka ... errr !

i don't find local malay annoying but with bahasa indo, feel like slapping the ah sia kia face as he's pronouncing his rrrr's ... :mad: :p

im picking on these two (indo & westerner) bcos not enuff brickbats have been thrown at them ... those from china/india kena cursed all the time already ... :cool:

Most irritating, whinging pussy - YOU!!

Think you're better than everyone else.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most beautiful languages to my ears, Thai and Japanese when spoken properly by Thai and Japanese women. Most irritating to my ears, yes, rolling tongue and sharp pitched PRC Chinese. The Taiwanese version (though incorporating Taiwanese Hokkien corruption) sounds so much better. Also on irritating list is American English spoken by American women. It's the American version of PRC pitch irritation. Teochew also sounds good for women, but it's a bit softy for men. Singapore Hokkien is the classic men's macho lingo, both in tone and in vocab. Women too fluent in Singapore Hokkien sound like gangstresses.