• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moroccan intellectual condemns Hamas; others then attack him

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2023/12/moroccan-intellectual-condemns-hamas.html

have been having a hard time finding any Arabs in Arab countries denouncing the October 7 pogrom in Arabic. But French magazine Le Point did publish this unequivocal condemnation of the attacks by Moroccan Muslim intellectual Tahar Ben Jelloun several days after the attacks:

As a Moroccan Arab and Muslim by birth, culture and traditional education, I cannot find the words to say how horrified I am by what the Hamas militants did to the Jews . Brutality, when it attacks women and children, becomes barbaric and has no excuse or justification.

I am horrified because the images I saw touched me to the depths of my humanity.

I believe that we can resist an occupation, fight against colonization, but not with these acts of great savagery.

The Palestinian cause died on October 7, 2023, assassinated by fanaticized elements, mired in an Islamist ideology of the worst kind.

Hamas is the enemy, not only of the Israeli people, but also of the Palestinian people. A cruel enemy without any political sense, manipulated by a country where young opponents are hanged for not wearing a veil on their heads.

The taking of hostages and the blackmail of their execution only exacerbates the anger of all of us.

This brutality comes from far away. Certainly from the occupation and humiliations suffered by youth without a future, quickly taken over by an Islamist movement dependent on the goodwill of Iran.

After the massacre, whatever the number of deaths on both sides, barbarism has permeated our imagination and it is difficult today to believe that these men did this to “liberate” a territory. No, war is fought between soldiers. Not by killing innocent civilians.

No, there is no reason to excuse what they did in homes, in camps, wherever they could seize young people partying.

The horror is human, I mean animals would never have done what Hamas did. A minister in Netanyahu's government [Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant] called Gazans "animals." No, there are men without conscience, without morality, without humanity who perpetrated the massacres, then there is a population which suffers, which is neither armed nor barbaric.

Do not confuse Hamas with the population (2.5 million people), who live under occupation and embargo .

I say it, but my voice is alone.

I, in my solitude, in my sadness and my shame as a human being, my disgust at this humanity to which I refuse to belong, I say, no, this is a fight that does not honor their cause. No, to these applause in certain Arab capitals. No, to this bloody triumph over the innocent. No, to the blindness of those who pull the strings of a tragedy where, sooner or later, it will be the Palestinian population who will pay this heavy bill.

We will carry this tragedy in our memory as an injury to all humanity. A wound, never closed, never forgotten.

Morocco's Hespress wrote that other Moroccan intellectuals were "almost unanimous" in denouncing Ben Jelloun.

Moroccan writer Aziz Lazraq said that this article was filled with "hasty and emotional statements that are not part of his language or nature, and devoid of any meaning."

Another writer, Montaser Hamadeh, accused Ben Jalloun of adopting the French position towards Israel instead of the Moroccan one.

Both he and writer Abdel Samad Belkabir explained that Ben Jallun lacked proper "context" in condemning Hamas without seeing that everything is really Israel's fault, and Hamas' murders and kidnappings and rapes are mere "mistakes."

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
So-called "moderate" Muslims all over the world would rather support terrorists who claim to be Muslims than side with Israel whom they blindly hate.

Not at all blindly. Hatred for jews, christians and unclean infidels coded in the Quran.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
So-called "moderate" Muslims all over the world would rather support terrorists who claim to be Muslims than side with Israel whom they blindly hate.
Moderates are merely islamists, just waiting to rise up, To show their true colours. The world is full of them. Then there are the intellectuals, the real enlightened intellectuals like this Ben Jelloun. The dumb intellectuals (yes, an oxymoron I know!) are those muslim scholars and thinkers who seek to divert their brethren toward extremism.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moderates are merely islamists, just waiting to rise up, To show their true colours. The world is full of them. Then there are the intellectuals, the real enlightened intellectuals like this Ben Jelloun. The dumb intellectuals (yes, an oxymoron I know!) are those muslim scholars and thinkers who seek to divert their brethren toward extremism.
The clerics who promote jihad and justify the killing of infidels (non-Muslims) have interpreted the teachings of the Quran to suit their agenda. Unfortunately, some of the teachings do appear to promote such violence.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not at all blindly. Hatred for jews, christians and unclean infidels coded in the Quran.
Remember when Charlie Hebdo produced cartoons that made fun of Christians, Jews and Muslims? Only followers of one of these religions retaliated by murdering staff from Charlie. The Christians and Jews chose to forgive and forget.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember when Charlie Hebdo produced cartoons that made fun of Christians, Jews and Muslims? Only followers of one of these religions retaliated by murdering staff from Charlie. The Christians and Jews chose to forgive and forget.

Biblical violence from the old testament like killing the first borns of egypt are merely ancient stories and not directives from God for christians to abide. The koran and hadiths have abundant violent commands and directives from allah. Muslim scholars justify them as self defence reactions. But these verses inciting violence against infidels who refuse to accept the TRUTH (Islam) are also applicable in non confronting contexts. In fact, all circumstances the violence is applicable including the circumstances when a muslim deviate from the 'right' ways and apostasy.