• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

U.S. House votes unanimously to condemn Hamas for rape, except an Islamist Rep.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.jns.org/tlaib-present-as-house-votes-unanimously-to-condemn-hamas-for-rape/

The U.S. House of Representatives voted unanimously, 418-0, to condemn Hamas terrorists for rape and sexual violence on Oct. 7.

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), a progressive member of the “Squad” who has a long history of antisemitic comments, voted “present,” as the House passed H.Res.966 on Wednesday.

“On Oct. 7, Hamas terrorists attacked Israel, mercilessly killing 1,200 people; raping, mutilating, burning and assaulting their victims to inflict physical and psychological pain, unleashing trauma that continues to plague a grieving Israel,” stated Rep. Lois Frankel (D-Fla.), who introduced the resolution.

“The brutality was planned and calculated,” Frankel added. “Sadly, Hamas’s savagery has been met with a shrug—and even denial—from many corners of the world. Our resolution loudly and clearly condemns all rape and forms of sexual violence as weapons of war, including those acts committed by Hamas terrorists on and since Oct. 7.”

Frankel introduced the resolution, which received 200 co-sponsors from both sides of the aisle, with Reps. Mario Díaz-Balart (R-Fla.), Kathy Manning (D-N.C.) and Jen Kiggans (R-Va.).

Knesset speaker snubs UN chief, Irish basketballers rebuff Israelis, LA youth leader likes one-state solutionFebruary 9, 2024
Rashida Tlaib in 2018. Photo by Stephanie Kenner/Shutterstock.
Tlaib, Cori Bush vote to allow Oct. 7 attackers into USFebruary 1, 2024

Chicago mayor calls for ceasefire, Jew-hatred quadruples in France, Tlaib gets glossy ‘Nation’ treatmentJanuary 25, 2024

The resolution condemns all rape and sexual violence “as weapons of war,” including those Hamas committed on and after Oct. 7; calls on all countries to criminalize rape and sexual assault and hold both state and non-state armed groups accountable for such attacks; and tells international groups to “unequivocally condemn the barbaric murder, rape, sexual assault and kidnapping by Hamas and other terrorists on and since Oct. 7 and hold accountable all perpetrators.”

It also reaffirms the U.S. government’s “support for independent, impartial investigations of rape and sexual violence committed by Hamas on and since Oct. 7” and “reaffirms its commitment to supporting survivors of rape and sexual violence, including those brutalized on and since Oct. 7.”

Díaz-Balart, the Florida Republican, stated that Congress “stands in strong, bipartisan solidarity with the victims of terrorism and sexual violence” and called Hamas’s atrocities “shocking in their depravity.”

“I’m heartbroken, outraged and devastated for the victims and survivors,” stated Manning, the North Carolina Democrat. “I’m proud that a bipartisan majority of representatives voted to pass this important resolution.”

Kiggans, the Virginia Republican, stated that Hamas’s sexual violence on Oct. 7 is “shocking and truly horrifying,” and said “as a woman serving in Congress, I believe it is my duty to use my voice to condemn such sickening violence.”