• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More than half of stallholders at Toa Payoh kopitiam pull out after rent doubles

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faced with a doubling of their rental fees under a new management, more than half the stalls at a coffeeshop in Toa Payoh decided not to renew their contracts.

According to Shin Min Daily News on Saturday (May 14), six out of 10 stall holders at a coffeeshop located in Blk 233, Toa Payoh Lorong 8, will not be returning once their lease expires on May 31.

Some of the stallholders have been operating in the coffeeshop for more than a decade.

Out of the nine hawkers at the stall, three had already decided to wind up their businesses at the beginning of the year for various reasons, reported Shin Min Daily News. The last, a drinks stall, is owned by the owner of the coffeeshop.

After a recent change in management, the remaining hawkers were informed that their rent would be increased after a month-long renovation period beginning June 1.

One 60-year-old hawker, surnamed Yu, told Shin Min Daily News that he had received information two weeks ago that his rent would be doubled, from $3,000 a month to $6,000 a month.

Yu has been running an economic bee hoon stall at the coffeeshop for 30 years.

More at https://shrtcô.de/6Vaef

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's okay. We still have those Russian Porlumpas here in this forum egging on everyday for Russia to attack Ukraine. They are asking for more increases in commodity prices like as if those increases already caused by the Covid pandemic are still not enough. What happens to their fucking mentality? Shooting yourself in your own foot, Sinkies truly deserve it.

Up Prices.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck the cb landlord. If no takers for the stalls for the next one year, they can close down the kopitiam and convert it to something else.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP always said what is wrong with collecting more money and that is why increase in gst soon. Fucking retard monolingual Singlish speaking Angmoh cock sucking and wannabe Sinkies support this strategy and put the blame on everyone else except themselves.

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Faced with a doubling of their rental fees under a new management, more than half the stalls at a coffeeshop in Toa Payoh decided not to renew their contracts.

According to Shin Min Daily News on Saturday (May 14), six out of 10 stall holders at a coffeeshop located in Blk 233, Toa Payoh Lorong 8, will not be returning once their lease expires on May 31.

Some of the stallholders have been operating in the coffeeshop for more than a decade.

Out of the nine hawkers at the stall, three had already decided to wind up their businesses at the beginning of the year for various reasons, reported Shin Min Daily News. The last, a drinks stall, is owned by the owner of the coffeeshop.

After a recent change in management, the remaining hawkers were informed that their rent would be increased after a month-long renovation period beginning June 1.

One 60-year-old hawker, surnamed Yu, told Shin Min Daily News that he had received information two weeks ago that his rent would be doubled, from $3,000 a month to $6,000 a month.

Yu has been running an economic bee hoon stall at the coffeeshop for 30 years.

More at https://shrtcô.de/6Vaef
10 over years ago i stay around there. Know the beehoon aunt, the cai png stall. After bf n lunch hrs, seldom ppl venture there cos further down got lor 8 hawker centre.
Dunno y they wanna increase rent 100%

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP always said what is wrong with collecting more money and that is why increase in gst soon. Fucking retard monolingual Singlish speaking Angmoh cock sucking and wannabe Sinkies support this strategy and put the blame on everyone else except themselves.
Yeah, some other fucking bastard chao chee bye lan chiaos will continue to egg on Russia to attack Ukraine every other day and cause more commodity prices to increase. What the fuck is wrong to their fucking retarded Chinese Helicopter brains? There are others still always blaming the ruling party for whatever shit they will encounter, but they never reflect on themselves on how not to depend too much on the government. Besides, what makes them so sure that the Oppies can do a better job with all the scandals within WP and Lim Tean. Really these are the most retards I've ever seen. If the government is doing a bad job, tell me why there are more foreigners coming to buy properties in Singapore? I doubt these fucking retards can give me a good explanation on this.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's okay. We still have those Russian Porlumpas here in this forum egging on everyday for Russia to attack Ukraine. They are asking for more increases in commodity prices like as if those increases already caused by the Covid pandemic are still not enough. What happens to their fucking mentality? Shooting yourself in your own foot, Sinkies truly deserve
Russia has nothing to do with rent increase and trade sanctions imposed by the west.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck the cb landlord. If no takers for the stalls for the next one year, they can close down the kopitiam and convert it to something else.
The problem is there will always be suckers ready to take up the vacant premises. Landlords are not stupid. For example, those who have vacated Vivo City are being replaced with new tenants without much difficulties.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

It’s all about market and supply right? These landlords are no stupid cunts. Surely they must have found someone stupid enough to be willing to pay the higher rents. Within a couple of months, these stalls will be taken up by new morons. I wonder how sustainable it is though. $6,000 rental, and that’s not including your labor, your dish washing / clearing cost, your ingredients cost and more.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why did the rent increase? Because of inflation. Why is there inflation? Because of the war and the Covid pandemic.
You silly. Inflation has nuffing to do wif the war. Its all about printing money. And the rent increase has nuffing to do wif both.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, some other fucking bastard chao chee bye lan chiaos will continue to egg on Russia to attack Ukraine every other day and cause more commodity prices to increase. What the fuck is wrong to their fucking retarded Chinese Helicopter brains? There are others still always blaming the ruling party for whatever shit they will encounter, but they never reflect on themselves on how not to depend too much on the government. Besides, what makes them so sure that the Oppies can do a better job with all the scandals within WP and Lim Tean. Really these are the most retards I've ever seen. If the government is doing a bad job, tell me why there are more foreigners coming to buy properties in Singapore? I doubt these fucking retards can give me a good explanation on this.
Fucking monolingual retard Angmoh wannabe Sinkie believing anything PAP and Angmorika done is right. Putin is doing what he has to do to ensure the security of mother Russia and it is Angmorika and NATO who are prolonging the war by supply arms to keep the war going. As a monolingual Sinkie do not think this has a lot of value. A language totally incomprehensible outside of Sickipoora.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s all about market and supply right? These landlords are no stupid cunts. Surely they must have found someone stupid enough to be willing to pay the higher rents. Within a couple of months, these stalls will be taken up by new morons. I wonder how sustainable it is though. $6,000 rental, and that’s not including your labor, your dish washing / clearing cost, your ingredients cost and more.
It is not demand and supply.. Money are spent on the pandemic and need to be recouped. All the hdb are under the govt control.. So I think that is how tent goes up. Other areas coffeeshop rental increases as well and shop owner who stay on start to operate 24 hours.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking monolingual retard Angmoh wannabe Sinkie believing anything PAP and Angmorika done is right. Putin is doing what he has to do to ensure the security of mother Russia and it is Angmorika and NATO who are prolonging the war by supply arms to keep the war going. As a monolingual Sinkie do not think this has a lot of value. A language totally incomprehensible outside of Sickipoora.
You fucking bastard chao chee bye ni nar bu. You think Russia is so good, why don't you emigrate there? Fucking bastard A Singaporean, I would say you are A big disgraceful Singaporean indeed. You fucking bastard. May you die a horrible death soon. FUCK YOU. :FU::FU::FU::poop::poop::poop::FU::FU::FU:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You silly. Inflation has nuffing to do wif the war. Its all about printing money. And the rent increase has nuffing to do wif both.
Inflation has nothing to do with wars? I always told you to read up more on your facts. Inflation may not necessarily causes war, but from history, during and after almost every major war inflicted, inflation will creep in whether you like it or not. As almost everything gets more expensive, how do you expect your housing prices to remain the same when the raw materials are increasing at a crazy rate? And if housing prices will increase correspondingly, it is only logical that landlords will also need to increase their rentals. Even if there will be a recession, when it is over, rents will start to rise again.

Inflation has typically risen sharply both during and – especially – in the aftermath of major wars, with median inflation peaking at 8% one year after the war has ended.

Source: Inflation in the aftermath of wars and pandemics

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not demand and supply.. Money are spent on the pandemic and need to be recouped. All the hdb are under the govt control.. So I think that is how tent goes up. Other areas coffeeshop rental increases as well and shop owner who stay on start to operate 24 hours.
Clearly you don’t understand how things work. HDB under govt control so what? It’s the private operators who overpay to bid for coffee shops and they control the rental cost!

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/co...portfolio-of-food-outlet-properties-for-s558m
CATALIST-LISTED coffeeshop consolidator Kimly has agreed to acquire a S$55.8 million portfolio of food outlet properties, comprising four coffeeshops, three industrial canteen units and a restaurant unit.