• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious More sensible US Senator

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.politico.eu/article/navalny-death-fails-to-move-the-dial-for-vance/

Ukrainians are “admirable people fighting an admirable conflict,” Vance told POLITICO in an interview. “But there’s a real lack of strategic clarity about what we're supposed to accomplish,” he said.

“We simply do not have manufacturing capacity to support a ground war in Eastern Europe indefinitely. And I think it's incumbent upon leaders to articulate this for their populations," Vance said. "How long is this expected to go on? How much is it expected to cost? And importantly, how are we actually supposed to produce the weapons necessary to support the Ukrainians?”

The death of Alexei Navalny, announced just as the conference was kicking off on Friday, has cast a dark shadow over the proceedings.

But for Vance it doesn’t change the calculus.

“Look, he was obviously an extremely brave guy. It’s hard not to admire him, but I don’t think it really changes the underlying dynamics," said Vance, a Republican from Ohio.

"It’s obviously a tragic event. But you have to go into this clear eyed," he said. "Putin is not a great human being, but that doesn't change what the strategic imperatives of the United States or Europe are. We know Navalny died, because we know Putin is a brutal guy, but I knew Putin was a brutal guy a year ago and I know he will be a brutal guy a year from now.”

“Any peace settlement is going to require some significant territorial concessions from Ukraine, and you're gonna have a peace deal, because that's the only way out of the conflict," he said. "We have to deal with reality.”

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
what Vance is singing will depend on maestro Trump. right now is no aid for Ukraine to help Putin.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
J.D. Vance is clear eyed, and he is is right. The US cannot afford to support Ukraine indefinitely. Someone needs to put an end to the war asap, with Putin and his henchmen dead.