• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More police comedy in Little India - police airwaves jammed that night

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were less than 90 police officers left to face some 150 to 200 active rioters at the height of the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year, the Committee of Inquiry (COI) heard on Tuesday.

State Counsel Sharmila Sripathy presented this evidence, detailing that these 90 officers included those who were previously injured as the violence unfolded.

When asked by the State Counsel if he was aware that there were 90 officers on the ground to deal with the violent mob, Assistant Superintendent (ASP) Jonathan Tang said: "It definitely didn't feel like there were 90 officers." ASP Tang, who was the first senior police officer at the scene, told the COI that both the Deputy Commander of Central Police Division and Commander of Tanglin Police Division were present at the scene. However, his commander, Deputy Assistant Commissioner (DAC) Lu Yeow Lim from Tanglin Police Division, was in charge of handling the incident. Poor communications on the ground that night posed an issue because both the radio airwaves used by the police and the mobile phone network were jammed. That was why ASP Tang could not contact or receive any instructions from DAC Lu.

"I think the communications breakdown was the key problem," said ASP Tang. "If we had the comms (communications), it would have been much easier for us to communicate."

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An auxiliary police officer who was on the ground on the night of the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year had already arrested four men before the crowd started setting fire on government vehicles. But he was then told to stop doing so by his supervisor.

Testifying on the fifth day into the public hearings on the riot, Constable Srisivasangkar Subramaniam told the Committee of Inquiry (COI) that he had crossed from Race Course Road to a coffeeshop at the corner of Kerbau Road shortly after the police and Singapore Civil Defence Forced rescued the timekeeper and driver who were on the bus.

There, he arrested four men who were throwing bottles, grabbing them one-by-one before handing them over to a group of police officers who were at Race Course Road.

"After handing over the fourth person, my ground supervisor told me that what I was doing was brave but dangerous, and told me to stop," said Constable Siva. "He said that I shouldn't have arrested them, because my two protection officers were not there (to witness it), and that it was unsafe for me to effect more arrests."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were less than 90 police officers left to face some 150 to 200 active rioters at the height of the Little India riot on Dec 8 last year, the Committee of Inquiry (COI) heard on Tuesday.

State Counsel Sharmila Sripathy presented this evidence, detailing that these 90 officers included those who were previously injured as the violence unfolded.

When asked by the State Counsel if he was aware that there were 90 officers on the ground to deal with the violent mob, Assistant Superintendent (ASP) Jonathan Tang said: "It definitely didn't feel like there were 90 officers." ASP Tang, who was the first senior police officer at the scene, told the COI that both the Deputy Commander of Central Police Division and Commander of Tanglin Police Division were present at the scene. However, his commander, Deputy Assistant Commissioner (DAC) Lu Yeow Lim from Tanglin Police Division, was in charge of handling the incident. Poor communications on the ground that night posed an issue because both the radio airwaves used by the police and the mobile phone network were jammed. That was why ASP Tang could not contact or receive any instructions from DAC Lu.

"I think the communications breakdown was the key problem," said ASP Tang. "If we had the comms (communications), it would have been much easier for us to communicate."

Useless police give hundred of reason.
Only 90 police should be able to take down 150~200 rioter. That only ratio 1 to 2 and is very low ration compare to other country 1 to 100.
That really useless. Police with all the protective gear/gun/shield/car................................ cannot even take down rioter.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP and SPF will blame everything else BUT THEMSELVES! :biggrin:

They are trying to pin the riot on the aunty who insulted the kek lengs, by calling them "stupid, idiot"...did they mention " pundek"..." lJ..CBBB also? no???

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is the private sector, the top management would have been sacked. It is only in PAP government that it is the fault of everything else and no one need to resign. This is the Lee Hsien Loong's culture of nepotism and cronism that this is possible.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If this is the private sector, the top management would have been sacked. It is only in PAP government that it is the fault of everything else and no one need to resign. This is the Lee Hsien Loong's culture of nepotism and cronism that this is possible.

well said....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't know police channel uses the same channel as the one used by hps. Police forces all over the world have their own channel tp communicate and it's not by phone that is why some ppl use police scanners to hear their convos and this has been going on for years. WTF.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Didn't know police channel uses the same channel as the one used by hps. Police forces all over the world have their own channel tp communicate and it's not by phone that is why some ppl use police scanners to hear their convos and this has been going on for years. WTF.

im sure SPF is in a mess...scholars are known for messing up organisations

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think their story is a bunch of bullshit. They had received instructions clearly that night - except that they were lousy instructions from their clueless commanders. They are now covering their commanders' backsides.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20070410_Lee-Hsien-Loong_0_5_0_6_0.jpg

So funny! So cute! *hee*hee*

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Cisco officer at COI: Bus timekeeper scolded FWs[/h]
dmca_protected_sml_120n.png
PostDateIcon.png
February 25th, 2014 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

Little-India-Riot-a-blazing-police-car-lies-fllipped-on-its-side-after-rioters-went-on-a-rampage.-300x161.jpg
Little India Riot on 8 Dec 2013 - a blazing police car lies fllipped on its side after rioters went on a rampage.

Testifying on the fourth day of the Committee of Inquiry (COI) into last year’s Little India riot yesterday (24 Feb), Certis Cisco officer Nathan Chandra Sekaran said he often saw a female timekeeper, believed to be Madam Wong Geck Woon, scolding and shouting at foreign workers at the bus waiting area.

He added that she would use words like “stupid” and “idiot” when addressing the foreign workers.

Mr Nathan, who has been with Certis Cisco since 2010, said she had to shout at the workers to get them in line, because there was no proper queue system to board the buses. Mr Nathan is deployed to Little India on weekends.

He said at the time when the Indian foreign worker was pinned under the bus, some 20 to 30 foreign workers were already gathering around the bus. Some threw projectiles at the bus.

Mr Nathan told the inquiry that he was one of the first officers on the scene, along with five others. “I went to the left side of the bus to take a look at the body,” he said. “At this juncture I observed more foreign workers joining the crowd around the bus.”

He said that some of them were shouting at the bus timekeeper Wong Geck Woon. He continued, “As I can understand Tamil, I heard the foreign workers shouting words to the effect that the timekeeper had caused the death of the deceased because she had asked him to depart the bus earlier.”
“They wanted to kill her and they wanted to burn the bus,” he recounted.

=> And the poodle head said no life was in danger, so OK for the poodles to watch by the side as the Indian FTrash burnt their poodle cars and ambulances.

Mr Nathan says that, in his opinion, 80% of the Indian foreign workers who go to Little India drink alcohol. He believes that the fatal accident was what sparked the riot on 8 December 2013, but it was made worse by the fact that most of the workers in the area were drunk.

Mr Nathan said he felt that the police had reacted too slowly on the day of the riot and more police officers should have been sent to the scene earlier. Those who came i.e. the first responders were reporting the incident and waiting for back up.

=> Any more doubt the poodles have heads but no brains?

He thought that the riot would not have gone out of control if the police had arrested some of the troublemakers early. And police vehicles would not have been burned if they had arrested a few of those persons in the crowd who were threatening to burn the bus earlier.

Mdm Wong, the timekeeper, was with the Singapore School Transport Association. Her job was to coordinate a fleet of buses ferrying foreign workers from their dormitories to Little India and back. She was in charge of keeping track of bus arrival and departure times. She had been working in the job for about 3 years before the incident happened.

Both Mdm Wong and Certis Cisco officer Nathan are Malaysians. Mr Nathan [Link] is from Bidor, a small town in the district of Batang Padang, Perak.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did anyone see his cookoo bird: February 25, 2014 at 3:59 pm Did anyone see his cookoo bird(Quote)
There is more to the story than just alcohol as the government would have us believe. Now it emerges that the dead man did not remove or drop his pants as claimed by the press. It seems he died because he was evicted from the bus and the scolding from the time keeper just made the men who saw what happened mad. Furthermore the delayed reaction of the police is partly to blame as the cisco men could not do anything. This could have been prevented. But who suffer in the end, all drinkers now kenna pay 25% more, smokers and those who play 4d, toto also kenna.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A Singaporean: February 25, 2014 at 4:03 pm A Singaporean(Quote)
We rely too much on Atos and Cisco. These chaps are just security guards with guns and they just have to wait for the “real” police to show up.
But the real kicker is at the scene there wasn’t anyone senior enough or a senior officer with balls to make decisions.
My good guess is everyone was waiting for the Minister of Home Affairs to say something….but wait….he still have to form a committee to discuss….so that if shit hits the fan then he can say he make his decision based on collective agreement. So he is not at fault.
Moral of the story is : Everyone have to cover their ass first.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All Are Foreigners ?: February 25, 2014 at 4:15 pm All Are Foreigners ?(Quote)
Surprised that even Mdm Wong is a Malaysian. Is Nathan a Malaysian, from Certis Cisco a policeman, even an auxiliary policeman ? Is an Auxiliary policeman authorised to make arrest during a riot ? If yes, then why didn’t Nathan and the other Cisco made the arrest first instead of blaming our police force for not sending reinforcement in time ?
It shows that come to the crux, we cannot depend on Malaysian to do a proper job. They only come here to earn Singapore Dollars and not risked their lives. Wake up Ho Ching and PAP, this is the reality.