• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More PAP double standard. Angmo Dr. steal wine at Changi airport, only got small fine

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: A Russian doctor was caught at Changi Airport on Sunday (Oct 4) for stealing two bottles of wine from DFS Spirits, Wines & Tobacco.

For his offence, Gromov Alexey, an urologist, was on Friday (Oct 9) ordered to pay a fine of S$1,500 by District Judge Ronald Gwee.

The two bottles of wine were worth S$73.60.

Alexey, 35, was caught when a security officer noticed Alexey’s wife pouring wine into a plastic cup outside the holding room for Gate C14 in Terminal 1. He had been alerted to the possible theft by staff of the duty-free shop.

Staff said they saw Alexey leave the store carrying a green basket containing two bottles of wine. The green basket, staff said, did not belong to DFS.

Staff knew the wine had not been paid for, as it was not sealed in a Security Temper Evident Bag (STEB), as all paid liquor would have been.

The security officer approached the couple and requested proof of purchase, but they could not produce any.

Alexey's wife has left Singapore, as there was no evidence of her involvement in or knowledge of the theft.

In court on Friday, Alexey handed a mitigation letter to the judge. Speaking through a Russian interpreter, the doctor urged the court to consider that he had “no (criminal) record in other countries”.

"I beg for your pardon”, he said.

Alexey could have faced a jail term of up to three years, or a fine, or both.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: More PAP double standard. Angmo Dr. steal wine at Changi airport, only got small

I remember long ago a local peasant stole something from 7 Eleven with value worth $2.50 and ended weeks in jail.

Since then, I have always been under the impression that THEFT offence 100% end up in jail.

The Russian doctor must have engaged a Queen's Counsel, I think.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: More PAP double standard. Angmo Dr. steal wine at Changi airport, only got small

sinkie asked for it...if local get caught, media will splash picture..
nothing has change..we sinkies deserved all partial,bias judgement melted out by kangaroo court,god damn it!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

sinkie asked for it...if local get caught, media will splash picture..
nothing has change..we sinkies deserved all partial,bias judgement melted out by kangaroo court,god damn it!!

definitely, previously sinkie stole 2 milk can for kids cos he was jobless. so what... jobless no money go jail. all nobodies left behind.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

definitely, previously sinkie stole 2 milk can for kids cos he was jobless. so what... jobless no money go jail. all nobodies left behind.

Yah, never heard of such a stealing case and never get jail sentence. Also, the report mentioned they let his wife leave the country because there was no evidence of her knowing about the theft. But in the same article, it mentioned she poured the wine into a plastic cup. So fucking shit, she is an accomplice right? She is in possession and in consumption of the stolen item. So like that anyone say "Oh, I don't know the item was stolen" can get away scott free? SPF and PAP really got angmo tuakee worship syndrome. KNN.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigners are KING in Singapore. No need Queen's Counsel.

I remember long ago a local peasant stole something from 7 Eleven with value worth $2.50 and ended weeks in jail.

Since then, I have always been under the impression that THEFT offence 100% end up in jail.

The Russian doctor must have engaged a Queen's Counsel, I think.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

no more caning for ang moh?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

judge was rite...... why shud our money be wasted in feeding him in Changi Hilton??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And that's why no one should get upset when we call the biased court contemptible... that's the truth and not contempt of court. :cool:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

judge was rite...... why shud our money be wasted in feeding him in Changi Hilton??

By your logic, all prisoners should be freed from Changi. Why should we feed and house rapist, molesters, cheats, etc,

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

And that's why no one should get upset when we call the biased court contemptible... that's the truth and not contempt of court. :cool:

Only people upset are the PAP dogs.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal

For those retirees who had no money to spend, they would rob a 7-11 store.
Get caught and be sent to prison to eat " Ong Gei pun" "The King's Rice" or in our case "ah gong pun".

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hi there

1. Aiyoh!
2. Is this something new?
3. Foreign talents tai lok mah :kma:
4. Sinkies are just 2nd class on its home ground.