• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More measures introduced to ensure Rogue Trader can't buy a flat and get married

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think those that bought resale recently will b damn pissed off as they had to pay huge cov. Now cov is smaller or even no cov. They sure lppl. But was it not mentioned that those no cov r in the more*ulu locations like sengkang? Think huge demand with cov will still b for mature estates near town. So those that bought sengkang n jurong west sure dulan wan.

I am sure you are not staying in Singapore as you seem very out of touch with issues here.

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interest rate is commercially determined and have repercussions in the financial market, you cannot just tweak like that. But they just have to do the ang moh way to disallow foreigner to buy resale properties => problem solved

just up the rates for housing loans lor...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One in hougang is asking for 200k. Not Tanjong pagar, Tiong bahru, Outram... Bloody hougang!

Oi Oi.. wat bloody hougang... hougang the only place in singapore that the least contiminated by pap. RC office even need to instal cctv to protect itself. haha...limpeh live there since 1983, best location to stay in singapore.

$200K cov, let me guess, is it those EA/EM at hougang st 31? currently that the newest flats in hougang. CSM the mp there.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oi Oi.. wat bloody hougang... hougang the only place in singapore that the least contiminated by pap. RC office even need to instal cctv to protect itself. haha...limpeh live there since 1983, best location to stay in singapore.

$200K cov, let me guess, is it those EA/EM at hougang st 31? currently that the newest flats in hougang. CSM the mp there.

Correct... blk 222

so opposition flats command a higher COV ..... spread the word!

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In current market the only flats with no cov are the damn jiatlat ones.
Probably belonging to ah long debtors, some ill luck recent death in flats type.
Dun be fooled by msm reporting....
Dun believe call up a housing agent and say you want buy flat without cov...likely he will hang up on you.

uncle, i never said no cov hor.

i just view a EA 2 weeks back, put in market for 3-4mth liao. seller asking for $45k cov, i doubt anyone will pay that amount. 1 day after i viewed, agent called me there another buyer offering valuation plus $35k. tell me to match the offer and she the agent will persuade the seller to sell to me. i only want to look see look see with no intention of buying so i tell the agent to inform the seller to accept that offer as i cannot match. as far as i can see, the flat is still in the market today.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just view a EA 2 weeks back, put in market for 3-4mth liao. seller asking for $45k cov, i doubt anyone will pay that amount. 1 day after i viewed, agent called me there another buyer offering valuation plus $35k. tell me to match the offer and she the agent will persuade the seller to sell to me. i only want to look see look see with no intention of buying so i tell the agent to inform the seller to accept that offer as i cannot match. as far as i can see, the flat is still in the market today.

Either the agent or the seller was trying to bluff you. Now still unsold.. obi good!

blk 222 in st 21 lah.

u sure they want $200k cov? those flats not recent addition lor. shd have 20 years old.

Yup. I still have that SMS from the agent for 2 weeks ago..

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh so its another gahmen lie that cov has been reduce if it has been reduced. Anyway good for sellers as they can make more money but bad for buyers.

In current market the only flats with no cov are the damn jiatlat ones.
Probably belonging to ah long debtors, some ill luck recent death in flats type.
Dun be fooled by msm reporting....
Dun believe call up a housing agent and say you want buy flat without cov...likely he will hang up on you.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Either the agent or the seller was trying to bluff you. Now still unsold.. obi good!

Yup. I still have that SMS from the agent for 2 weeks ago..

that the oldest trick in the book, the agent/seller must thought i first time resale buyer. my current resale 4rm which i brought in 2005 only $5k cov, no way i going to pay $35k-45k for a EA unit which is only few blocks from my current unit. my household income wont allow me to get hdb loan liao so will have to take bank loan which in current climate is dangerous as interest rate is set to rise. if i trade in my current 4rm, i only need to take $100k loan after cov and deposit.

While the cash outlay of 5% plus cov is not a problem, i behsong to give the seller. i can afford to wait for price to drop and normally big units drop the sharpest while the ever popular 3rm/4rm remain steady. no first time buyer will want to be saddle by a $400+k housing bank loan in the event of a rise of interest rate.

if St 31 EA/EM want $200k cov, at least the flat are only less than 10 yr old. but blk 222 was built while i still in secondary school and that was at least 20yrs ago and it still quite a walk from the mrt too. at st 31, only walk 5min to the famous hainanese curry rice at night and the famous teochew soon kway in the morning and cross the road can go inside SRJC for excerise while can see syts in fbt shorts.:biggrin: so best location to buy in hougang is st 31.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if St 31 EA/EM want $200k cov, at least the flat are only less than 10 yr old. but blk 222 was built while i still in secondary school and that was at least 20yrs ago and it still quite a walk from the mrt too. at st 31, only walk 5min to the famous hainanese curry rice at night and the famous teochew soon kway in the morning and cross the road can go inside SRJC for excerise while can see syts in fbt shorts.:biggrin: so best location to buy in hougang is st 31.

Thanks for the tip. With any luck we might end up as neighbours one day :wink:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the tip. With any luck we might end up as neighbours one day :wink:

if u really buy st 31, that miles away from me. i know of units in st 31 asking for $75-100k cov.

if u want cheaper EA/EM, u can try at st 51 or st 91/92, these pap controlled hougang asking for less than $50k cov. st 51 belong to "what u think" teo and st 91/92 belong to pinkie lee, proving again that pap estates have lower value than WP controlled estate. wahaha.....:biggrin: