• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More local PMETs are suffering

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend just told his company had 7 new positions, all filled up by Pinoys. I asked him if the hiring manager is from Philippines, he said no. He is Singaporean but he was from Philippines, now holding Pink IC. And I asked again, these Pinoys are also from Singapore? He said yes they are Permanent Citizens and New Citizens.

Is this alarming? So the govt keeps saying local employment has increased but more and more local PMETs cannot find meaning PMET jobs and end up doing PHV and Food delivery? PSP and WP had been asking a lot of difficult questions on employment and population but the establishment had always played hide and seek, and even labeling Leong as nonsense.

I again asked a number of friends in other industries, they said it is common, if the hiring is foreign born whether he is holding employment pass or PR or new citizen, he will hire his own natives. In the banking and IT industries, this is rampant and clear. As for other industries, it is also the similar. Do you seriously think they do not know the problem they created? You walk in MOM, you also be shocked the number of foreign born in there.

Do you think this has become a very serious and big problems for local born Singaporeans? Or you still waiting for establishment to change even after so many decades?

Melanie Teo

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pappies want the expat to local ratio similar to Dubai. Good luck. :wink:

No point 'upskilling', unless you wish to enrich those cronies in the 'education and higher learning' industry. :biggrin: