• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

money doesn't buy happiness..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true money does not buy happiness.
you can be very poor and be happy
you can be very rich and be unhappy
but i rather be rich and unhappy than poor and happy.
happiness is such a transient. one day you are happy, next day, your family all die in a car crash, then what?

but if your family sucks and you are rich, and they all die in car crash, you will not be feel so bad.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revelation 22:7-21 (New International Version)

Jesus Is Coming
7"Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

10Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near. 11Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy."

12"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

14"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

17The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you insist, let the truth of god's law (reasoning and justice) end your new testament epic fear mongering once and for all. BTW this is the same bible that you hold.

In this essay we shall examine Christian "revelation" in the light of what the Torah teaches us about prophets and prophecy.

Deuteronomy 34:10 Never again has there arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom HASHEM had known face to face, [11] as evidenced by all the signs and wonders that HASHEM sent him to perform in the land of Egypt, against Pharaoh and all his courtiers and all his land, [12] and by all the strong hand and awesome power that Moses performed before the eyes of all Israel. (Artscroll)

The above passage, the last three verses of Deuteronomy, is of profound importance when we study a prophet under a microscope. Moses was the greatest prophet to ever live. So important is it to acknowledge this, that the great sage Maimonides wrote this as one of the thirteen principles of Jewish faith. "Never again" will there be a prophet with his scope or magnitude. All other prophets pale before him. As such, each revelation after his is of a lesser magnitude. Does the Bible allow for progressive revelation? Yes, it most certainly does. Does the Bible allow to for revelation that supersedes what Moses taught? No, it certainly does not.

There are two chapters of Deuteronomy that deal with prophets, those being 13 and 18. They tell specifically how to tell a false prophet, without specifically saying how to tell a real one. A person has to put two and two together and figure out to just take the opposite of what the false prophet does and tell that this is a true prophet. First, let us examine chapter 13:

Deuteronomy 13:1 The entire word that I command you, that shall you observe to do; you shall not add to it and you shall not subtract from it. [2] If there should stand up in your midst a prophet or a dreamer of a dream, and he will produce to you a sign or a wonder, [3] and the sign or the wonder comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying "Let us follow gods of others that you did not know and we shall worship them!7quot; [4] do not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of a dream, for HASHEM, your G-d, is testing you to know whether you love HASHEM, your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul. [5] HASHEM, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments shall you observe and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve and to Him shall you cleave. [6] And that prophet and that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death, for he had spoken perversion against HASHEM, your G-d Who takes you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeems you from the house of slavery to make you stray from the path on which HASHEM, you G-d, has commanded you to go; and you shall destroy the evil from your midst. (Artscroll)

Just about everything that Paul wrote and preached violated this clause. His writings altered Jewish religious doctrine the man we know as Jesus. "You shall not add to it and you shall not subtract from it." Paul claimed to be a prophet, yet his message is resoundingly clear when you read what verse three says, "Let us follow gods of others that you did not know and we shall worship them!" Paul's Jesus as a religious icon was hardly unique. He ripped off the religious ideas from the doctrines of Buddha, Krishna, Tammuz, Adonis, Dionysus, Bacchus, Mithras, Orisis, ad infinitum. Most of these religious icons are centered on a supernatural, virgin born savior, who is murdered and achieves salvation for those who believe in him and eat of his blood and body. Do you find these ideas in the Jewish Bible? No. Additionally, Paul preached that the Torah had become obsolete, a big giveaway that something was amiss. "HASHEM, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments shall you observe and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve and to Him shall you cleave." This message is quite clear. Paul fancied himself a prophet, and that makes him subservient to what Moses taught. Anything below Moses must be consistent with Moses’ big picture.

So, let us look at the hard facts:
FACT: No Jew prayed to Jesus prior to two thousand years ago.

FACT: Jews would have been unfamiliar with the concept of G-d in human form.

FACT: Jesus was, in essence, something that the Jews had not known.

FACT: Deuteronomy 13 specifically warns us that G-d will grant the power of miracles to people who would lead us astray from Judaism.

FACT: Deuteronomy 13 specifically says that Jews must not worship anything they had not previously known, no matter how many miracles the prophet performs, or how many events he predicts correctly.

Unless someone can find verses in the Jewish Bible that say the Jews worshipped Jesus, these facts would seem to be incontrovertible.

Paul tried to lead Jews to a god they did not know. What does G-d expect of us when we are presented with a self-proclaimed prophet who displays this behavior? "Do not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of a dream, for HASHEM, your G-d, is testing you to know whether you love HASHEM, your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul." If a Christian asks, "if Paul was a false prophet, why would G-d allow him to behave in such a way?" the answer is simple. G-d allowed this prophet to speak such abominations in order to test us to see how much we love G-d.

A prophet working a miracle is the first step. However, his message is the most important aspect. If it's something Moses didn't teach, don't go with it!

And now, a study of the other portion from Deuteronomy dealing with this topic:

Deuteronomy 18:15 A prophet from your midst, from your brethren, like me, shall HASHEM, your G-d, establish for you to him shall you hearken. [16] According to all that you asked of HASHEM, your G-d, in Horeb on the day of the congregation, saying, "I can no longer hear the voice of HASHEM, my G-d, and this great fire I can no longer see, so that I shall not die." [17] Then HASHEM said to me: They have done well in what they have said. [18] I will establish a prophet for them from among their brethren, like you, and I will place My words in his mouth; He shall speak to them everything that I will command him. [19] And it shall be that the man who will not hearken to My words that he shall speak in My name, I will exact from him, [20] But the prophet who willfully shall speak a word in My name, that which I have not commanded him to speak, or who shall speak in the name of the gods of others that prophet shall die. [21] When you say in your heart, "How can we know the word that HASHEM has not spoken?" [22] If the prophet will speak in the Name of HASHEM and that thing will not occur and not come about that is the word that HASHEM has not spoken; with willfulness has the prophet spoken it, you should not fear him. (Artscroll)

I am in awe of the brilliance of this passage every time I read it. It's so wondrously simple how to tell a false prophet: all he has to do is predict an event that doesn't take place! I sometimes wonder if our ancestors would have realized this without this passage in the Torah. Now, it's important to clarify that this only applies to a prophecy of good; if a prophet foretells destruction and that destruction does not come about, he is not automatically proven false. (See the Book of Jonah)

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sori guys maybe in black text is better...:smile:

In this essay we shall examine Christian "revelation" in the light of what the Torah teaches us about prophets and prophecy.

Deuteronomy 34:10 Never again has there arisen in Israel a prophet like Moses, whom HASHEM had known face to face, [11] as evidenced by all the signs and wonders that HASHEM sent him to perform in the land of Egypt, against Pharaoh and all his courtiers and all his land, [12] and by all the strong hand and awesome power that Moses performed before the eyes of all Israel. (Artscroll)

The above passage, the last three verses of Deuteronomy, is of profound importance when we study a prophet under a microscope. Moses was the greatest prophet to ever live. So important is it to acknowledge this, that the great sage Maimonides wrote this as one of the thirteen principles of Jewish faith. "Never again" will there be a prophet with his scope or magnitude. All other prophets pale before him. As such, each revelation after his is of a lesser magnitude. Does the Bible allow for progressive revelation? Yes, it most certainly does. Does the Bible allow to for revelation that supersedes what Moses taught? No, it certainly does not.

There are two chapters of Deuteronomy that deal with prophets, those being 13 and 18. They tell specifically how to tell a false prophet, without specifically saying how to tell a real one. A person has to put two and two together and figure out to just take the opposite of what the false prophet does and tell that this is a true prophet. First, let us examine chapter 13:

Deuteronomy 13:1 The entire word that I command you, that shall you observe to do; you shall not add to it and you shall not subtract from it. [2] If there should stand up in your midst a prophet or a dreamer of a dream, and he will produce to you a sign or a wonder, [3] and the sign or the wonder comes about, of which he spoke to you, saying "Let us follow gods of others that you did not know and we shall worship them!7quot; [4] do not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of a dream, for HASHEM, your G-d, is testing you to know whether you love HASHEM, your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul. [5] HASHEM, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments shall you observe and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve and to Him shall you cleave. [6] And that prophet and that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death, for he had spoken perversion against HASHEM, your G-d Who takes you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeems you from the house of slavery to make you stray from the path on which HASHEM, you G-d, has commanded you to go; and you shall destroy the evil from your midst. (Artscroll)

Just about everything that Paul wrote and preached violated this clause. His writings altered Jewish religious doctrine the man we know as Jesus. "You shall not add to it and you shall not subtract from it." Paul claimed to be a prophet, yet his message is resoundingly clear when you read what verse three says, "Let us follow gods of others that you did not know and we shall worship them!" Paul's Jesus as a religious icon was hardly unique. He ripped off the religious ideas from the doctrines of Buddha, Krishna, Tammuz, Adonis, Dionysus, Bacchus, Mithras, Orisis, ad infinitum. Most of these religious icons are centered on a supernatural, virgin born savior, who is murdered and achieves salvation for those who believe in him and eat of his blood and body. Do you find these ideas in the Jewish Bible? No. Additionally, Paul preached that the Torah had become obsolete, a big giveaway that something was amiss. "HASHEM, your G-d, shall you follow and Him shall you fear; His commandments shall you observe and to His voice shall you hearken; Him shall you serve and to Him shall you cleave." This message is quite clear. Paul fancied himself a prophet, and that makes him subservient to what Moses taught. Anything below Moses must be consistent with Moses’ big picture.

So, let us look at the hard facts:
FACT: No Jew prayed to Jesus prior to two thousand years ago.

FACT: Jews would have been unfamiliar with the concept of G-d in human form.

FACT: Jesus was, in essence, something that the Jews had not known.

FACT: Deuteronomy 13 specifically warns us that G-d will grant the power of miracles to people who would lead us astray from Judaism.

FACT: Deuteronomy 13 specifically says that Jews must not worship anything they had not previously known, no matter how many miracles the prophet performs, or how many events he predicts correctly.

Unless someone can find verses in the Jewish Bible that say the Jews worshipped Jesus, these facts would seem to be incontrovertible.

Paul tried to lead Jews to a god they did not know. What does G-d expect of us when we are presented with a self-proclaimed prophet who displays this behavior? "Do not hearken to the words of that prophet or to that dreamer of a dream, for HASHEM, your G-d, is testing you to know whether you love HASHEM, your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul." If a Christian asks, "if Paul was a false prophet, why would G-d allow him to behave in such a way?" the answer is simple. G-d allowed this prophet to speak such abominations in order to test us to see how much we love G-d.

A prophet working a miracle is the first step. However, his message is the most important aspect. If it's something Moses didn't teach, don't go with it!

And now, a study of the other portion from Deuteronomy dealing with this topic:

Deuteronomy 18:15 A prophet from your midst, from your brethren, like me, shall HASHEM, your G-d, establish for you to him shall you hearken. [16] According to all that you asked of HASHEM, your G-d, in Horeb on the day of the congregation, saying, "I can no longer hear the voice of HASHEM, my G-d, and this great fire I can no longer see, so that I shall not die." [17] Then HASHEM said to me: They have done well in what they have said. [18] I will establish a prophet for them from among their brethren, like you, and I will place My words in his mouth; He shall speak to them everything that I will command him. [19] And it shall be that the man who will not hearken to My words that he shall speak in My name, I will exact from him, [20] But the prophet who willfully shall speak a word in My name, that which I have not commanded him to speak, or who shall speak in the name of the gods of others that prophet shall die. [21] When you say in your heart, "How can we know the word that HASHEM has not spoken?" [22] If the prophet will speak in the Name of HASHEM and that thing will not occur and not come about that is the word that HASHEM has not spoken; with willfulness has the prophet spoken it, you should not fear him. (Artscroll)

I am in awe of the brilliance of this passage every time I read it. It's so wondrously simple how to tell a false prophet: all he has to do is predict an event that doesn't take place! I sometimes wonder if our ancestors would have realized this without this passage in the Torah. Now, it's important to clarify that this only applies to a prophecy of good; if a prophet foretells destruction and that destruction does not come about, he is not automatically proven false. (See the Book of Jonah)

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
no probs man, I was an ex christian for almost 15 years. Most churches like NCC got greedy and required 10% tithe above most things even when u told them you are broke! That greedyness made me realise something is not right so i dig deep and researched which led me into the side of the fence (judaism). The final frontier so to speak bcos the bible is writtien in hebrew! But Im not siding anyone.

In short, the torah proved the new testament to be incorrect. whether u choose to believe in the torah is another matter. U cant dig further than that i guess.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only you can free yourself from your KARMA.

Jesus can free you from your 'Karma'....

All your sins are already paid in full by Him....who died at the cross and shed blood for your sins.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBsgWKMxdmE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBsgWKMxdmE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Buddhist Lodge, they give free and healthy food eat as much as you need.

And if you are lucky you might meet a good teacher and hear Buddhist teachings there that may change your life.

Nobody will ask you for donation. If you feel you must contribute 5 or 10 cents into the donation box will bring good karma to you.

Best thing is nobody will attempt to convert you.

no probs man, I was an ex christian for almost 15 years. Most churches like NCC got greedy and required 10% tithe above most things even when u told them you are broke! That greedyness made me realise something is not right so i dig deep and researched which led me into the side of the fence (judaism). The final frontier so to speak bcos the bible is writtien in hebrew! But Im not siding anyone.

In short, the torah proved the new testament to be incorrect. whether u choose to believe in the torah is another matter. U cant dig further than that i guess.