• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOM: Chee Misunderstood Our Data! 700 Net Jobs For Locals in 2015, Not 100!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the actual number is 699 as i quit my jaga job within a year and decided to work full time as a tissue seller.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
13166121_10154446473643455_9037755465655611867_n.jpg

This morning the Ministry of Manpower took issue with me, saying that the number of jobs created for locals was not 100 as I pointed out. Instead it is 700. But 100 was the figure Mr Lim Swee Say, the Minister for Manpower, used. If the Ministry and the Minister can't get its act together, don't blame me.

So the figure is now 700 and not 100 jobs. Really? 700 and you want to make an issue of it? Let me put it into perspective for you how many jobs is 700. In 2014, the number of jobs for locals grew by 96,000. In 2015, it grew by only 700 – a plunge of 99 percent.

A 99 percent plunge and you want to quibble with me that it is 700 and not 100? Should we all heave a sigh of relief and celebrate?

You take a piece of rotten meat and you marinade with soy sauce and garlic and sambal balachan, its still a piece of rotten meat. Now stop trying to spin the news to make yourselves look good and start helping the people."

(Dr Chee Soon Juan, at Bukit Batok SMC BE2016 Rally on 5 May)

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP has always played around with statistics and definitions to suit their agenda. It was rather rich of Tharman to the suggest that SDP needs to give the full picture. Until this Government reveals all so that the voters as well independent researchers can make truly informed judgment, they cannot ever claim the high ground.

Wether it is 100 or 700 is not the see. Why the drastic and mind boggling from from 96K in 2014. Its like asking a naked man running thru main street on broad daylight why is his moustache not even.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 100 jobs number was what Lim Swee Say/MOM informed the public in late January 2016.

From 96000 jobs growth for locals (citizens and PRs) in 2014 to only 700 jobs in 2015, that's a huge crash of 99.2%. It's also possible that out of the 700 jobs, 600 jobs went to PRs and 100 jobs went to citizens, so Dr Chee could still be correct.

Why don't MOM provide the jobs stats for citizens only for a clearer picture to Sinkie voters??

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/si...wth-2015-lowest-12-years#sthash.yItwHrQV.dpuf

Singapore employment growth in 2015 lowest in 12 years

AsiaOne
Thursday, Jan 28, 2016

SINGAPORE - Unemployment remained low in Singapore last year, but total employment here recorded its lowest growth in 12 years.

Over the whole of 2015, total employment is estimated to have increased by 31,800, or 0.9 per cent, according to the Ministry of Manpower's (MOM) Labour Market Advance Release 2015 report.

This is the lowest year-on-year growth recorded since 2003.

MOM said that employment growth moderated due to sluggish global economic conditions, slower growth of the Singapore economy and tightened supply of foreign manpower.

In total, 3,655,600 people were employed in Singapore as of Dec 2015, comprising 2,268,300 locals and 1,387,300 foreigners.

employment_02.jpg

Employment growth among citizens and permanent residents was flat year-on-year, with employment of locals increasing by just 100 in 2015 compared to the growth of 96,000 in 2014.

Foreign employment growth also moderated to 31,600, or 2.3 per cent, the lowest rate in six years, according to statistics from MOM.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman is going to slap the PS of MOM. The PS is going to slap the directors. After a few weeks, they will sit together to sing kumbayah.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
These charts are from MOM, look at the massive crash in jobs for Sinkies in 2015, Dr Chee is just stating a fact.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-30-at-10.38.11-pm.png

local-employment-change-data.png

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/economy/news/char...e-created-locals-in-2015#sthash.jRdlTsW6.dpuf

chart-employment-growth-locals-singapore_0.PNG

Chart of the Day: Virtually zero jobs were created for locals in 2015

Published: 04 Mar 16

Employment growth was weakest since 2009.

Overall employment growth in Singapore dropped drastically in 2015. This chart from Citi shows that only 31,800 jobs were created for the entire year, a far cry from the 130,100 jobs created in 2014. And out of these 31,000 new jobs, virtually zero was for locals.

This caused job redundancies to jump to its highest level since the Global Financial Crisis in the fourth quarter. The poor numbers suggest that there is sluggish demand for higher-wage and cyclical jobs, Citi said.

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thoughts about this as follows:

MOM did not specify how they concluded the 96,000 or the 700 data. I don't remember completing MOM/Dept of Stats surveys on employment etc, so my guess is the data came from CPF Board for new contributions by businesses.

If that is the case, then the 58,700, 82,900 and 96,000 can be explained - these were "jobs" created by businesses in order to claim the PIC cash grants!!! So a lot were the phantom employees declared by the businesses for Jobs that did not exist and probably names that had a second or third CPF contribution.

PAP probably aware of this and used it to their advantage for giving good SG50 news.....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman is going to slap the PS of MOM. The PS is going to slap the directors. After a few weeks, they will sit together to sing kumbayah.

After PS gets slapped, he will slap his two Deputies before they slap their directors. Don't understand why MOM needs 2 Deputy Secs.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP is so full of shit,look at the numbers for local employment growth,every year from 2005 to 2015,singapore experienced a net positive growth of 60k to as high as 90k in the local employment workforce???60k to 90k sinkies enter the workforce every year???how many sinkies graduate from poly,jc and uni or NS every year and enter the workforce?how many sinkies are borned every year?only an average of maybe 30 or 40k?but PAP reports 60k to 90k sinkies join the workforce every year???either there is a hell lot of unemployed sinkies whose finally found a job and the low low unemployment rate of 2 percent is fake or the numbers are fake and are being "padded" by new shitizens.

These charts are from MOM, look at the massive crash in jobs for Sinkies in 2015, Dr Chee is just stating a fact.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-30-at-10.38.11-pm.png